- 6 years experience in Quality Assurance, Testing process, Testing methodologies and strong experience on STLC and overall testing approaches and earned reputation for meeting testing deadlines and delivering the critical solutions.
- Expertise level knowledge in entire software development lifecycle (SDLC) process from business analysis to development, testing, deployment, documenting, maintaining and user training, experience on AGILE and SCRUM design methodologies
- Experience with white box testing.
- Promoted Unix/Informatica application releases from development to QA and to UAT environments
- Highly experienced in various features of Micro Strategy like managing multiple projects, project migration and defining standards, procedures for development, production environment
- Scheduled and executed ETL jobs using Informatica
- Strong ETL testing experience and SQL testing experience.
- Extracting defect status reports and managing defect status using the Quality center, Clear Quest and also conducting defect status calls.
- Test harness experience from end to end process.
- Experienced in testing Web applications and client/server applications
- To provide regular accurate and concise progress reports detailing the status of cost effort and elapsed time spent percentage complete and cost effort and elapsed time remaining.
- Preparing Test status and defect status reports and review them weekly.
- Excellent experience in understanding the Test strategy document and preparing the test plan document, preparing the test approach document, and test summary document also.
- Expertise in creating the test data for Extraction and Transformation processes and resolved critical data issues by following the data standards of the project.
- Excellent working experience in RDBMS technologies like Oracle, Teradata, DB2, MS SQL Server, Sybase and MYSQL.
- Extensive working knowledge in UNIX environment.
- Experience in using Automated Tools like Win Runner, Test Director, Load Runner and JTest in Client /Server, Web, Database, API and GUI Testing.
- Extensive experience in utility tools like TOAD, SQL Query analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Assistant, SQL Developer, SQL* Plus, SQL*Loader and Rapid SQL
- Strong working experience in preparing the test plan, test run and managing the test run effectively using the HP Quality center.
- Experience in Web and Object Oriented Technologies
Testing Tools: Quality Center 9.2/8.0/Test Director, Clear Quest, Manual Testing, Borland StarTeam, QTP
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, DB 2 8.0/7.0/6.0, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MySQL, MS Access, MS Excel, Teradata V2R5/V2R6, Sybase
Utility Tools: TOAD 8.5, SQL Assistant, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL* Plus, SQL* Loader, SQL Developer, Rapid SQL
ETL Tools: SSIS, Informatica 8.1/7.1./6.2/6.1/5.1, Data Stage 7.0/6.1
MS Office: Word, Access, Power Point, Excel
Reporting Tools: Cognos, OBIEE, SSRS, Micro Strategy, Business Objects XIR2 Siebel Analytics
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP, Linux and UNIX.
Web Programming: HTML, XML,JSP, Java Script
Programming languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T - SQL, C, C++, Java
Confidential, NYC, NY
Sr. ETL/ DWH QA Lead
- Excellent Coordination in managing the project meetings with the other team members on Overview and Architecture.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Informatica Data Explorer on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata
- Experienced in creating test plan documents and also assisted in writing the test plan that includes Scope, risk, assumptions and test methodologies.
- Good experience in coordinating the offshore team by providing the transparent data to the team whenever new enhancement comes.
- Tested ESB batch process in order to send the customer transaction to oracle staging table
- Executed SQL queries in order to check the data for customer transaction and payments tables
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Participated in QA scrum meetings.
- Worked with Compatibility Testing for Browser, Operating, Mobile & Printing options for Web Apps
- Tested the Material Management, and Sales and Distribution Modules of SAP
- Writing the test cases covering the complete programming logic.
- Preparing the weekly status and defect reports and defect reports and reviewing them.
- Experience in Toad for Writing SQL Queries and executed them for Backend Testing
- Creating and executing SQL queries to validate test data using TOAD
- Ran shell scripts in UNIX platform to Load data into Retek database.
- Validated Prompts, filters, calendars and Cosmetics in reports.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools. The objective is to extract data stored in Oracle database, flat files to load finally into a single data warehouse repository, which is in Oracle.
- Compared 2 text files using UNIX Diff command.
- Experienced with Unix basic commands like GREP, LESS and Diff.
- Written SQL Scripts to query the Oracle and DB2 database tables.
- Used Inner join, Outer Join, Set operators and Case statements in SQL scripts.
- Used PL/SQL function to validate some test scenarios.
- Responsible for testing packages using SSIS (ETL) to verify data completeness, data transformation, data quality, integration testing, UAT & regression testing
- Written the complex SQL queries to validate the initial and incremental ETL loads.
- Used Toad for Data Analysts to compare DB2 and Teradata result sets.
- Used SQL Assistant to write SQL and query the Teradata database tables.
- Tested the Oracle and SQL Server data sets using Compare in Toad for Data Analysts.
- Participated in Daily QA Scrum with QA manager to discuss the QA updates.
- Tested Functionality Testing, Usability testing and Interface testing for multiple Web Applications created in Java
- Experienced with Quality center for managing the defects and querying the Quality center for pulling Defect status reports.
- Updating the Defect status reports in defect status call with the managers and following up on the defect status.
- Interacted with developers to resolve the ETL and reports defects.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1/8.1,Oracle 10g, DB2, Teradata V2R6, SQL, Toad for Data Analysts, Micro strategy 8.0, MS Access, J2EE, Java, XML, MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Toad for Oracle, SQL Assistant, SQL, SAP BW, SAP R3,C#,.Net,Plus, Mir strategy Integrity Manager, Unix, Quality Center 11.0.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
ETL QA Tester
- Worked as ETL Tester responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project.
- Responsible for testing the reports according to client’s requirement using Business Objects 6.5.1.
- Extracted Data from Teradata using Informatica Power Center ETL and DTS Packages to the target database including SQL Server and used the data for Reporting purposes
- Created Short-cut joins, aliases and contexts to make the universe loops free.
- A test reporting environment was established to combine Distribution Work Management and PeopleSoft information into a consolidated place to allow combined reports to be generated.
- Tested Micro strategy reports for Report layout, Attributes/Metrics, positions, Totals & Grand Totals, Drilling options, Metric Calculations, Drill Maps, and Security filters
- Develop ETL test plans based on test strategy. Created and executed test cases and test scripts based on test strategy and test plans based on ETL Mapping document.
- Tested and worked on creating open document reports for business.
- Used various @Functions like @Prompt (for user defined queries), @Where (For creating conditional filters), and @Select for testing Business Intelligence Reports with various boundary conditions.
- Preparation of technical specifications and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security
- Experienced using query tools for Oracle to validate reports and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Extracted Data from Teradata using Informatica Power Center ETL and DTS Packages to the target database including SQL Server and used the data for Reporting purposes.
- Solid testing experience in working with SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, views and worked with performance tuning of complex SQL queries.
- Written complex joins to validate query performance on large database volumes and worked with business users for acceptable performance criteria for each query.
- Developed scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required executing test plans.
- Involved in testing Micro strategy reports including conditional formatting testing and threshold testing.
- Performed Data validity testing for reports and feeds based on client's requirement.
- Validated format of the reports and feeds.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Designing and creation of complex mappings using SCD type II involving transformations such as Expression, joiner, aggregator, lookup, update strategy, and filter.
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Involved in the error checking and testing of the ETL procedures and programs Informatica session log.
- Executed the Test cases for Micro Strategy
- Validated cube and query data from the reporting system back to the source system.
- Tested analytical reports using Analysis Studio
Environment: Informatica 8.1, SQL *Loader, Micro Strategy , Quality Center, PL/SQL, SQL, Stored Procedures, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Plan, XML, XSLT, XML Spy 2008,DB2,Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2005, Erwin 3.5/4.1, J2EE, Java, XML, SAP BW, SAP R3,Windows 2000, TOAD 7
Sr. ETL Tester
- Analysis of Business requirements & Design Specification Document to determine the functionality of the ETL Processes.
- Prepared Test Plan from the Business Requirements and Functional Specification.
- Developed Test Cases for ETL Data Validation and Report testing.
- Developed validation steps and SQL using business requirements and rules.
- Updated test lead on change requests, test cases, SQL, execution and defect status.
- Analyzed the log file for an ETL job in Data stage Director and reported to developer.
- Interacted with DBA for setting up test environment in Oracle database.
- Executed SQL queries using Quest TOAD to validate ETL jobs.
- Written complex SQL queries and queried the Oracle database to test data stage ETL code.
- Performed System testing, Regression testing, Systems Integration testing, and also User Acceptance testing.
- Worked on the Pre-deployment validations and post-deployment validations and provided the production support also
- Performed database validation using SQL according to the business rules and specifications.
- Tested several complex reports generated by Cognos including Dashboard, Drill Down and Pivot.
- Created test data to test the functionality of the Data stage jobs.
- Used VI Editor to access and manipulate files in UNIX.
- Used Unix Diff command to compare two text files.
- Experienced with UNIX commands like GREP, PS, WC and CHMOD.
- Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries.
- Worked with Users to develop Test cases for user acceptance testing.
- Validated business reports like Drilldown and Cross Tab reports developed by Cognos.
- Maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, defect tracking using Clear Quest.
- Involved in preparation of Defect Report using Clear Quest.
- Performed integration and performance testing on data stage ETL jobs.
- Used Database links in SQL for Querying the Oracle database.
- Attended daily project status meetings and weekly QA status meetings.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Data stage 8.0, Quest TOAD, Clear Quest, SQL, PLSQL, Cognos 8.0, UNIX, Windows XP.