- Extensive development experience 4 Years in Confidential Datastage, UNIX, and PL/SQL to Design and Develop Complex Enterprise Data processing Applications.
- 2+ Years Experience in utilizing BI Tools Cognos and Tableau to deliver enterprise reporting platform for Business Decision Making.
- Research and implementation to achieve Performance Optimization of Existing ETL Workflows, Specialize in tuning Datastage and SQL workloads. Similar Experience in optimizing frameworks in BI Platforms to sustain complex reporting on multi - Terabyte datasets.
- Lead implementer of core ETL Modules in application. Extensive experience with intricate ETL Implementations like External Subroutines, Row level loops, WhatIf Analysis Suites, Data Profiling, XML Publishing, API Calls, Controlled Sftp, Handshake Message protocols etc.
- Expertise in architecture design of large scale ETL applications with latest design methodologies to achieve business critical objectives.
- Strong knowledge of Data warehouse concepts and architecture guidelines.
- Primary domain experience in Pharmacy Retail & CPG, Supply Chain Management, Contract Pharmacy Arrangement and Healthcare.
- Experience in Datastage/AIX Upgrade with minimal downtime, Involved in Datastage to Abinitio Migration of enterprise applications.
- Web Development Experience in multiple technologies - PHP, Java/J2EE, .NET
- Self-motivated individual with a strong sense of responsibility and leadership skills.
- Quick adaptability to New Technologies and zeal to improve Technical skills
- Developed Ops Suite for application run teams to Monitor, schedule, deploy, synchronize daily ETL and Java Batch cycle, includes system integrity features like Health Check, Integrity Violation Alerts, Disaster Recovery, Exception Handling all integrated in a comprehensive PHP GUI based App Suite.
- Designed and implemented Application wide Data Archival project that drives retention policy for over 1300 datasets and ~12TB File System ensuring 100% accessibility and Zero business impact.
Confidential Infosphere Datastage, Cognos, Unix Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, Confidential Data Integration, Tableau, Custom MDM
ETL Tools: Confidential Infosphere Datastage 8.1, 8.5, 9.0, Informatica(Secondary)
RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g, MySQL, Confidential DB2
BI Tools: Confidential Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects
Other Tools: Toad, Win Scp, Win Cvs, Eclipse, Adobe Dreamweaver, MS Visual Studio, HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
- Execute Data Integration Research and Performance Optimization of Datastage Workflows.
- Implement new designs Ensuring accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, & problem resolution.
- Design & Code reviews
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry and enterprise-wide trends
- Interacting with users, identifying functional and technical gaps, designing custom solutions, programming, scheduling, documentations, and providing production support.
- Environment Coordinator - Ensure maintenance and 100% availability of Datastage Environments (Categorization 3 Prod, 5 Sensitive Zone, 4 Non Sensitive Development, 3 Non Sensitive QA)
- Formulating Technical Design Specification from Client Requirements and publish implementation plan for application Enhancements.
- Onsite Coordinator for the offshore team as well as single point of contact for Offshore Track Leads and PM
- Write and execute test cases to ensure End to End coverage of Business Scenarios.
- Deploy and Monitor Datastage applications in production environment along with system performance indexing.
Technologies: Confidential Infosphere Datastage on AIX, Cognos, Tableau, Unix, Oracle 11g, ALM, J2EE
- Batch execution window was optimized from ~9 Hours daily to 4 hour window, in-turn saving ~5 Hours of operations downtime.
- Approximate of 270% throughput achieved w.r.t Production Load.
- System capacity enhanced to sustain 5 times data volume over existing capacity.
- Disk space utilization optimized to 30% on 6 nodes of DB and 8 nodes of Datastage server.
- Achieved 40% improvement in file I/O Operations.
- O% impact on Business Rules and operations flow.
- 4 Independent modules were successfully migrated from Confidential Infosphere datastage 8.1 to Abinitio Co-Op version 2.8.2 which involved migration of over 50 ETL workflows.
- User acceptance tests confirmed fix for major business critical regression bugs present in legacy system.
- Prod deployment successfully achieved causing only 23 hours of downtime.
- Successful delivery of consecutive Enhancements in 10 Major Releases.
- Seamless migration of clients from legacy file transfer techniques to custom API methods using dedicated file formats to ensure accuracy and reliability in message protocols.
- Comprehensive exception notifications and workflow approval process for business users.
- Full tracking of Batch Processing for Run Teams and support for Confidential run Requests.
- Online publishing of reports after batch completion on Org Intranet.
- Integration of partner systems into legacy data processing applications to eliminate manual efforts.
- Successful development and implementation of Monthly archival process that governs data purging and lifecycle of enterprise datasets.
- 40% improvement in production report run times and temp space utilization.
- Application Datamart Redesigned to resolve referential integrity issues.
- DBMS load ~45 Billion rows archived on a low cost box with custom J2EE reporting engine to serve user reporting needs.
- Centralized repository of configurable purge policy for dataset retention. Data lifecycle based retention policy implemented.
- Production File system Cleanup/Archival to free 4 TB storage on Prod box.
- Data profiling of prod data to determine archival candidates using ETL Technologies.
- Deployed 4 new AIX Boxes on Confidential Power 8 Hardware Pureflex Environment.
- Successful migration of 12 Datstage Projects consisting 3 Production 4 Testing 1 UAT and 4 Development. Cutoff time 4 Hours
- 150% Performance gain achieved via node pooling and configuration changes to utilize the capabilities of new hardware.
- Coordinating fresh installation and configuration of all required services Datastage, Oracle Client, ESP, Teradata Client, Tivoli, Backup and Recovery etc
- Enablement of secured batch server communications to external client systems summing up to more than 100 inbound and outbound connections. Setting up Firewall rules and listeners for external API Connections.
- In Depth Impact analysis to test 1800 Datastage Jobs post migration and automated comparison between before and after systems.
- 6 TB Filesystem migration from SAN Storage on old boxes to V7000 storage on Pureflex. Delta merging migration continued for 5 days before cutoff period.
- Zero production defects post movement.
- Tool selection process was completed from requirement gathering, design, Implementation, Research, Feedback in 3 months.
- 3 Major BI Domains enabled on cognos during this period.
- Executed Proof of Concepts to research potential acceptance of each tool in Application’s BI Space to meet business KPI’s and enable business analysis on daily Rx data.
- Demonstrated custom developed Dashboards and Reports based on custom algorithms to suite business decision making.
- ETL Implementations to support data requirements for anomaly detection via Bollinger Bands and other data mining requirements.
- Configured POC Workspace on Enterprise Cognos Infrastructure to support onboarding of our application. Database, OIM, VDI, Firewalls, Tivolli were enabled.
- Implementation of FM Models, Transform Cubes business packages to enable self service to business. Later integrated with latest release of cognos “ Confidential ”.
- Tableau Dashboard publishing and data support for scoped in KPIs.
- Process implemented in auxiliary production environment to perform What If accounting ~400 business rules on daily inbound of 5 Million records. Data Visibility and Business KPIs on analysis is in progress
- Comprehensive design to support client prospecting, Rules Simulation, Analysis Recommendations and feedback mechanism that drives how decisions were made by ETL process.
- Design developed to evaluate all permutation combinations of business rules for all Rx’s thus enabling BI Tool to take this analysis as source and answer business questions.
- Anomaly detection that compares process analysis with production output and notify business in case the prod results are not expected.
- Primary role during the tenure was to develop an Online Training Management System to bring the whole training experience of Confidential ’s online.
- Migration of legacy Oracle ERP to .NET/SQL Server based online application.
- It includes Online Enrollment, Online Attendance, Online File publishing, Feedbacks, Report Analysis. The Application has been successfully deployed on the Academy’s Intranet and is currently utilized by Confidential ’s.
- Gathering requirements from users and creating business flows.
- Development of Standalone PHP tool to track phased approval process for project work orders.
Technologies: .NET, MS SQL Server, Win Server 2008, PHP, MySQL, Visual Studio, Dreamweaver