- Over 7 years of extensive experience with Informatica Power Center in all phases of Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and support of Data Warehousing applications using Informatica Power Center Informatica9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x
- Extensive experience using tools and technologies such as Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, DB2 UDB, Sybase, Teradata V2R5/V2R4, MS Access, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Sun Solaris 2.x, Erwin 4.0/3.5, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL* PLUS, SQL* Loader, TOAD, Stored procedures, triggers
- Experience in designing, developing, testing, and maintaining BI applications and ETL applications.
- Strong business understanding of Banking, Insurance, Finance and Pharmaceuticals-Healthcare and Telecom sectors.
- Worked withInformatica Power Exchange (Power Connect), Metadata Manager, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), and Informatica Data Explorer (IDE), etc.
- Experienced in creating entity relational & dimensional relational data models using Kimball Methodology i.e. Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Experience in Informatica mapping specification documentation, tuning mappings to increase performance, proficient in creating and scheduling workflows and expertise in Automation of ETL processes with scheduling tools such as Autosys and Tidal.
- Experienced in the Development, modification and testing of UNIX Shell scripts.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks at various levels in Business Intelligence applications. Applied the Mapping Tuning Techniques such as Pipeline Partitioning to speed up data processing. Conducted Session Thread Analysis to identify and fix Performance Bottlenecks.
- Strong experience in Informaticaadministrationand was involved in maintaining Informatica Repository and Server processes, performing code migration from Dev to TEST/ PROD, backup and restoring of Informatica Repository and upgrades.
- Experienced in creating reports using Qlikview, Oracle Analytic functions, Business Objects.
- Performance tuning at Mapping, Session and database level.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to quickly grasp new concepts, both technical and business related and utilize as needed.
- Experienced with coordinating cross-functional teams, project management and presenting technical ideas to diverse groups and proven ability to implement technology based solutions for business problems.
- Good Project Coordination skills, onsite coordination and offshore team management.
ETL Tools : Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x
Databases : Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000/2005, Sybase, Tera data, DB2
Languages : SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++.
Operating Systems : UNIX, Windows 2000/2003/NT/XP/98/95, Linux.
DB Tools : SQL *Plus, PL/SQL Developer, TOAD, SQLserver Management Studio
Web Technologies : HTML, XML, DHTML.
Data Modeling Tools : ERwin 4.5/3.5, MS Visio
Other Tools : Qlik View, COGNOS, Business Objects, Tidal, Autosys, Control-M
Bachelors in Engineering
Confidential Apr 2011-Jan 2012
Role: ETL Developer
Confidential is a multi-practice law firm with more than 500 lawyers nationally. Purpose of project is to maintain a data warehouse that would enable the management to take corporate decisions. AnEnterprise data warehouse(EDW) was developed using Informatica to transform the data that is extracted from various source systems and to load the Data Warehouse.
- Understanding present process flow and business functionalities and prepare ETL process flow for Predictive analysis.
- Involved in designing Conceptual, Logical and Physical model for Staging and Target databases.
- Created technical document for ETL process and Design documents for each module. Designed, Developed and Supported Extraction, Transformation and Load Process (ETL) for data migration.
- Created high and low level design document specifications for source-target mapping, based on the transformation rules.
- Created complex mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions, implementation of Business Logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
- Experience with incremental changes in the source systems for updating in the staging area and data warehouse respectively.
- Extensively worked on tuning of Informatica mappings/sessions/workflows for better performance.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures for database updates and to create the necessary indexes in the target tables.
- Worked with production support in finalizing scheduling of workflows and database scripts using Control M tool.
- Performance tuned ETL code, mappings, sessions and databases.
- Basic Informatica administration such as creating users, folders, privileges, deployment groups, optimize server settings, etc.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6.1, DB2, TOAD, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, UNIX, Microstrategy.
- Performance tuned the entire batch and reduced the batch time by 30%.
- Wrote procedures for data fixes and utilities that were reused throughout the organization.
- Suggested best practices for Informatica Development.
Confidential, Danville PA Sep 2010- Mar 2011
Role: Informatica Developer
This project deals with building a real time view of enterprise level data. A decision support system is built to compare and analyze product prices, their quantities and patient profiles. This Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is used to deliver reports and information to sales and marketing management.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and designing the business process, grain, dimensions and measured facts.
- Extensively migrated data from different source system such as flat files to ODS, Data marts and Data warehouse.
- Standardized parameter files to define session parameters such as database connection for sources, targets, last updated dates for Incremental loads and many default values of fact tables.
- Created Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD mappings to update slowly Changing Dimension Tables.
- Monitor batches and sessions for weekly and Monthly extracts from various data sources across all platforms to the target database.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, target, mappings, sessions, and system levels.
- Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets. Associated with Production support team in various performances related issues.
- Extensively used SQL* loader to load data from flat files to the database tables in Oracle.
- Involved in Unit, Integration, system, and performance testing levels.
- Created, maintained and administered the repositories, batches and sessions on Informatica. Enhanced performance of the batches by conducting load tests and optimized mappings with better mapping implementation techniques. Researched for better solution techniques.
- Documented the number of source / target rows and analyzed the rejected rows and worked on re-loading the rejected rows.
- Scheduled different workflows on daily, weekly and monthly basis using Tidal.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.1,Oracle 10g, SQL server 2008, TOAD, PL/SQL, Windows XP, Tidal, Qlikview
Confidential, Pawtucket, RI Sep 2009- Aug 2010
Oracle Retail Merchandising Project is one of the major initiatives taken by Confidential with an attempt to integrate all their Legacy Systems of multiple banners into one consolidated system to increase the supply chain real time visibility of their business.
- Requirement gathering and Understanding of the Functional Business processes and Requirements given by the Business Analyst.
- Involved in Designing High level Technical Documentation based on specification provided by the Manager.
- Optimized the performance of the mappings by various tests on sources, targets and transformations. Identified and removed bottlenecks in mappings and sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Extraction, Loading and Unit testing from SAP and relational sources.
- Performed ETL Administration responsibilities for the enterprise Data using Informatica and also involved in writing Shell Scripting for ETL JOBS to run.
- Used Power Exchange Change Data Capture for data updates.
- Technical Documentation has been done for all the mappings.
Environment: Informatica 8.1, Oracle 10g, Hyperion tool, Windows XP, Autosys, Power Exchange Change Data Capture, Power connect for SAP, Sun Solaris
Confidential, Chapel Hill, NC Dec 2008- Aug 2009
Finance department of the bank categorized customers based on a significant set of portfolio services that includes checking accounts, savings accounts, personal loans, credit cards etc. The purpose of the project is to obtain the data about the customers from different regions and different databases and aggregate within the data warehouse using Informatica Power Center Tool.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, TeraData, SqlServer 2005, Windows 2000, Toad 8.6,Control-M, Sun Solaris 8.0
Confidential, Irvine, CA Jan 2008 – Nov 2008
Confidential, through its subsidiaries provides property and casualty insurance products in the United States. This project involved the creation Enterprise Data Warehouse, which maintains the data of commercial, property and casualty insurance, claims and liability. It has various data marts like Accounting Center, Finance View, and eFile services.
Environment: Informatica - Power Center 8.1.1, Meta Data Manager, Data Quality, Oracle 10g, DB2,SQL Server, UNIX Korn Shell, Autosys, Business Objects, Erwin, Windows XP, Unix (AIX)
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA Apr 2006-Dec 2007
The project was to deliver ETL solution for their patient records and medical claims to Data mart. ETL Module step involved data loading from OLTP to ODS using CDC feature of Power Exchange. From ODS the data was loaded to patient records Data Mart for reporting.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2k, PL/SQL, UNIX.
Confidential Jul 2004– Mar 2006
Data Warehouse / ETL Developer
Project: Customer Financial Services Data Mart (CFSDM)
Confidential was developed to provide end users access to consolidated information about various products offered by various client banks and to attain consistent view of the business measures and customer information. Distributed data residing in heterogeneous data sources are consolidated into target enterprise data warehouses. This Data Warehouse is used to deliver reports and information to sales and marketing management
Environment: Business Objects 6.5. Flat Files,Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL,UNIX Shell Scripts, Windows 2003, Erwin,Toad.