Seeking a BI/Database Developer position where I can use my skills to help support the business needs, and develop optimal and highly effective strategic processes that meets the requirements.
- 9 years of experience in SQL development and Data Warehousing using SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000.
- Sound knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile development/SCRUM.
- Expert - level experience with SQL Server 2014/ 2012/2008/2005 , SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Experienced with SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) and creating cubes for reporting purposes.
- Great expertise in writing and debugging Stored Procedures, Cursors, and Triggers.
- Great knowledge of database design, relational integrity constraints, OLAP, OLTP, Cubes and normalization.
- Experienced in managing Alerts and Jobs through SQL Server Agent.
- Extensive knowledge of Query Analyzer for performance tuning.
- Great and highly motivated team player with successful problem solving skills.
Database: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005/2000, Oracle 9i/8i
Database Tools: BIDS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Visual Studio, Tableau, ER-Win, WinSCP, ServiceNow, Active Directory, Avaya ODBC.
Software: MS Visio, MS Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, TFS 2010/2012
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/XP/7/10/2012, UNIX
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Lead Data Warehouse Developer
- Oversee and maintain the company data warehouse infrastructure and develop new subject areas as required by the business.
- Single handedly performed SQL Server upgrade from 2008 to 2014 version for the data warehouse, and SSIS packages and implemented an efficient data import process from the legacy database to the new database.
- Successfully implemented ETL processes that used third party tools such as WinSCP, Konesans Checksum, Avaya ODBC to help the process fulfill the business needs.
- Performed data validation and schema comparison by using data validation tools, and wrote test scripts to ensure all records are migrated as well as column values were accurate.
- Responsible for the 24/7 availability of the data warehouse and the daily processes that feeds the data warehouse.
- Created development and QA databases to support production database as well as configured their servers to replicate the production server.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with other team members to identify and address them.
- Handle ad-hoc data requests for the transaction system and generate reports to support multiple departments.
- Plan and implement functionality to improve the scope of the databases, warehouse and daily processes that supports the report needs of the end users.
- Mentored and trained junior and mid-level developers on dimension modelling, ETL process using SSIS, reporting solutions using SSRS and writing efficient SQL queries.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Senior BI Database Developer
- Created complex SSIS/ETL packages for staging, cleansing, integration load from various sources like SQL Server, MySQL, Flat files using transformations such as Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD), lookups, and Task Factory components.
- Designed and Implemented ETL processes with SSIS to support reporting dashboards (Tableau and SSRS).
- Developed custom script for the data integration team using script component written in C# in SSIS for student attendance and grade scoring.
- Created assemblies and DLL used as standard code for other SSIS packages created by team members.
- Developed ad-hoc reports and wrote SQL queries (SQL Server and MySQL) for impromptu analysis.
- Actively involved in data modeling, performance tuning and supporting analysts by providing data assets for reporting.
- Created package configurations to migrate packages from Dev to Prod and stored into Environment Variable for indirect configurations.
- Modified and created complex SQL queries, stored procedures and views using T-SQL in addition to table and index creations for optimal performance.
- Administered Tableau report extracts for end-users.
- Translated code from MySQL to T-SQL to support the new data warehouse built.
- Analyzed data quality, performed defect fixes and recommended improvements.
- Used Kimball SCD transformation to pull data from SharePoint and perform updates, inserts, deletes and audit.
- Assisted in SQL Server upgrade from 2008 to 2014 version and was a key player in troubleshooting and resolving issues as a result of the upgrade, and also implemented workarounds for third party components that were not fully supported by SQL Server 2014.
- Implemented an ETL process to pull data from the company’s Active Directory to determine the level of stakeholders’ rights to reporting objects to support FERPA guidelines.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
SQL Reports Developer
- Analyzed requirements and developed reports needed for front end applications.
- Developed complex stored procedures, views, functions, and so on for report development.
- Created about 300 reports that were used for Accounting software, Customer Service Reports, Electronic Collection Systems and so on.
- Analyzed data for accuracy and ensured company standards for software development are followed.
- Developed complex reports with SSRS to show required information that are crucial for business needs.
- Trained team members on reporting services using SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Created reports pages with ASP.Net for the front end applications.
Confidential, La Jolla, CA
SQL Report Developer
- Worked with Business Analyst to show possible solutions and improvements to the existing development process.
- Developed complex reports with SSRS to show required information that were crucial to business needs.
- Created functions, views and stored procedures that were needed for various aspects of the reports development process.
- Created ad hoc reports that are need for business needs like reports of in-process activities of employees, total number of employees and their roles.
- Wrote queries to ensure that scheduled reports ran at specific time intervals as indicated by management.
- Involved in performance tuning and query optimizations for lesser runtime by eliminating unnecessary joins, columns and creating indexes.
- Created test cases to ensure accuracy of developed reports.