- Demonstrated knowledge of more than 6+ years of continued experience in System Integration, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Data Warehouse Architecture and ETL using EAI, SSISETL and Business Intelligence tools, Visual Basic,.NET / Java.
- Experience in Designing Data Warehouse Systems, Requirement Analysis, System Architecture, Performance Tuning and Optimization and SDLC.
Development Tools: MS Visual Studio, MS VB 6.x (w/COM, DCOM, ODBC, ActiveX, OLEDB), SSIS 2016/2014/2012 etc, TOAD, SQL/Developer, OLE Automation (w/Excel), Citrix. SharePoint
DBMS/Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, TERADATAOther Development Skills: Data Modeling,SQL (T - SQL, PL/SQL, ANSI-SQL), DR, Clustering, Stored Procedures, Triggers (w/ MS SQL Server and Oracle), Materialized Views, DTS Packages, SDLC, SLA, ITIL, Schedule Automated Jobs, Web Services (w/SOAP), OS scripting jobs.
Source Version Control Tools: MS Visual Source Safe, PVCS, Microsoft TFS
BI Tools: Spotfire,Webfocus, Tableau, Crystal Reports, MS SSRS, SAP BW.
Platforms/OS: Windows 3.1, - 10, Server 2012, UNIX (HP/UX) K-Shell, RedHat LINUX.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Created SSIS ETL jobs to capture data changes and stored them in SQL Server tables, and to send data from SQL Server to Teradata every 10 minutes. Converted ETL into SSIS ETL Mappings for final product.
- Configured and sized servers for custom applications for Well Optimization and Temperature reading applications.
- ImplementedChange Management Tickets and Incident Reports for issues needing resolution and provided follow up on those issue until resolution, managing other team efforts and priorities.
- SQL Server SSRS/ SpotfireAnalytics for monitoring db and systems, application performance.
- Maintain User security roles and SQL Server database Backups on a weekly basis.
- Custom queries in SQL Server for supporting Petroleum Engineers and Reservoir Engineers
- Prepared Custom SQL Queries and Views to simplify data for the BI Layer using Spotfire.
- Created SQL Server custom Views as source files to supportSpotfireBI and Tableau Analytics.
- System integration from IVM Visualization System, IFM and databases SQL Server, ORACLE, Weatherford CYGNET SCADA, andTERADATA IDW Data Warehouse.
- Provided applications real-time support for Production Team
- Created SSIS package for loading the data coming from various interfaces like OMS, Orders, Adjustments and Objectives and also used multiple transformation in SSIS to collect data from various sources.
- Worked on SSIS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from Database (Oracle and Text format data) to SQL Server.
- Worked on the data warehouse design and analyzed various approaches for maintaining different dimensions and facts in the process of building a data warehousing application.
- Scheduled and maintained daily and monthly loads of OMS, Orders, Objectives and Adjustments data through jobs, tasks, and alerts.
- Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2012 and SSIS in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Used SSRS to develop different kinds of reports like canned, ad-hoc reports for the State and Local Agency users.
- Involved in creating multiple parameterized stored procedures which were used by the reports to get the data.
- Worked on formatting SSRS reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Created parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS.
- Deployedanduploaded the SSRS reportstoSharePointServerfor the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures
- Involved in gathering of business scope and technical requirements and written technical specifications.
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) in RUP framework.
- Fine-tuned existing Informatica maps for performance optimization.
- Developed complex mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Look up (connected and unconnected), Expression, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Rank and Router transformations.
- Involved in massive data cleansing and data profiling of the production data load.
- Created synonyms for copies of time dimensions, used the sequence generator transformation type to create sequences for generalized dimension keys, stored procedure transformation type for encoding and decoding functions and Lookup transformation to identify slowly changing dimensions.
- Worked on Informatica tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer &Mapplet and Transformations.
- Involved in capturing slowly changing dimensions including type-I, type-II, and type-III.
- Used ready wizards in Informatica to capture and implement SCD Type-II (Changing Data) and tuned it requirement.
- Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and also tuned for better performance.
- Load balancing of ETL processes, database performance tuning and Capacity monitoring.
- Involved in the Unit testing, Event & Thread testing and System testing of the individual.
- Analyzed existing system and developed business documentation on changes required.
- Made adjustments in Data Model and SQL scripts to create and alter tables.
- Scheduled and monitored automated weekly jobs under UNIX environment.
- Extensively involved in testing the system from beginning to end to ensure the quality of the adjustments made to oblige the source system up-gradation.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Clear Quest and was also responsible for communicating the status to the team in bug meetings.
- Worked with many existing Informatica Mappings to produce correct output.
- Made use of Server Manager to create and monitor sessions and batches.
- Efficient Documentation was generated for all mappings and workflows.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5.1,Custom programming using Perl, IMS Data (Xponent, XponentPlantrak, PlanTrak, Rx Data), Teradata V2R6, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, RTMS, HP UNIX Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, Syncsort for UNIX, Rational Clear Quest, Windows 2000, HP-UX.