- Around 6 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Exposure to Informatica PowerCenter, IDQ, Master Data Management, Data Warehousing, Teradata, SQL, Oracle and Teradata.
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing and BI concepts.
- Strong UNIX Shell scripting and Perl scripting experience.
- Extensive use of job scheduling tools like Autosys and Control - M.
- Exposure to all Informatica PowerCenter client tools.
- Good skills in developing complex mappings and workflows using Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Cloud.
- Working closely with AWS to migrate the entire on-prem Data Centers to the cloud using VPC, EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Splice Machine, Diyotta, Aurora, IoT and DynamoDB services.
- Good understanding of Data warehousing, Dimension Modeling and RDBMS concepts.
- Expertise in Informatica IDQ, data profiling, scorecards and troubleshooting on MDM/IDQ components.
- Leading the initiative to evaluate Big Data vendors and Cloud vendors and implementing them by providing technical leadership and by following best practices in the industry.
- Worked with various transformations in IDQ .Experience in development of mappings in IDQ to load the cleansed data into the target table using various IDQ transformations.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Fact tables, Dimension tables, Normal forms, OLAP and OLTP systems.
- Having strong hands on experience in extraction of the data from various source systems like SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MySQL, Netezza, Flat Files, SFDC, XML and Teradata.
- Extensively worked on Mainframe/Unix and Informatica environments to invoke Teradata Utilities and file handlings.
- Experience in writing Complex SQL queries, stored procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
- Involved in Performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Expertise in using both Agile & Waterfall Methodologies effectively.
- Focused, hardworking, self-motivated, effective team player and Leadership qualities.
ETL Informatica: PowerCenter 10/9.6.1/9.5.1/8.6.1/7.1.1, Informatica Cloud
OS: Windows, Unix/Linux
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2014/2016, Teradata
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, XML
Schedulers: Autosys, Control-M
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr ETL Informatica Developer
- Worked with Master Data Management (MDM) team to load data from external source systems to MDM hub.
- Utilization of Informatica IDQ to complete initial data profiling and matching/removing duplicate data.
- Worked with different caches such as Index cache, Data cache and Lookup cache
- Performed error handing using session logs.
- Involved in Performance tuning for sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Migrated mappings, sessions, and workflows from development to testing and then to Production environments.
- Integrating Big Data Hadoop into the existing Data Warehouse Stack by identifying the gaps.
- Establishing security standards for Hadoop environment.
- Driving Big Data - Hadoop Solutions (using Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, HBase, Navigator, Oozie and MongoDB)
- Worked on upgrading Informatica from version 9.6.1 to 10.1.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to execute the workflows using PMCMD utility and used Autosys scheduler for automation of ETL processes.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/10.1, Informatica Data Quality(IDQ) 9.6.1, Informatica MDM 9.5, Oracle 11g, Teradata, Autosys, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, MS SQL Server 2016.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
ETL Informatica Developer
- Working with business to understand and document the requirements.
- Created the Control-M jobs for scheduling various workflows.
- Development and tuning of Informatica codes using partitioning, bulk loading, etc.
- Wrote PL/SQL, Shell, SQL, and Informatica scripts as needed.
- Performed Unit testing and maintained test logs and test cases for all the mappings.
- Developed and implemented the coding of Informatica Mapping for the different stages of ETL.
- Production Support and bug fixes using JIRA system.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server 2008, DB2, SQL Loader, Flat Files, Unix, Control-M.
Confidential, Melbourne, FL
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
- Design Informatica ETL processes for loading Data warehouse tables and create STM documents according to design requirements.
- Designing and developing Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripts.
- Involved in migrating Informatica objects from Development and Test to Production using deployment groups.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.1, Oracle 11g, SQL Developer, Windows, Unix/Linux, PL/SQL.
- Used Informatica debugging techniques to debug the mappings and used session log files and bad files to trace errors occurred while loading.
- Actively participating in agile process development style like attending scrum meeting
- Creating datamaps using power exchange.
- Used the PL/SQL procedures for Informatica mappings for truncating the data in target tables at run time.
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling the sessions in Informatica.
- Written UNIX scripts to transfer the data from sources to the target warehouse.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, Power exchange 8.6, SQL Query Analyzer 8.0, Oracle 10g, SQL Developer, Windows, Unix/Linux.
Jr Informatica Developer
- Monitored the ETL jobs on regular basis. In case of any failure, performed root cause analysis and recovered the job.
- Developed Informatica mappings to implement migration activity for client, decreasing processing time by 30% and reduced the burden on the database server up to 60% to meet the SLAs.
- Experienced in Tuning Informatica Mappings to identify and remove processing bottlenecks.
- Automation and scheduling of UNIX shell scripts and Informatica sessions and batches.
- Extensive experience in ETL design, development and maintenance using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Informatica Power Center 8.6.
- Scheduled Informatica workflows using Informatica Scheduler to run at regular intervals.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Access, MS Excel 2008, SQL Developer, Windows, Unix/Linux.