- Over Ten years of development in Business Intelligence with vast experience in ODS, Data Warehouse, Data Integration, Data Migration and Implementation of BI Projects.
- Specialized in Full Stack Microsoft Technologies (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS).
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and dimensional database structures with demonstrated expertise utilizing Data Modeling and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL).
- Experienced in designing and Developing SSIS Packages with complex business requirements.
- Experienced in SSAS (Tabular and Multidimensional Models).
- Built In House Data De - Identification Tool to mask patient related PHI Information.
Programming Skills: T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, C#, XML, HTML.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016, Oracle 10g/9i/8i and MS Access.
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), Power BI.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows Vista/XP/2003/2000, NT & Windows 9x and MS-DOS
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Query Analyzer, Visual Studio .Net, Microsoft Management Console, Visual Source Safe 6.0, DTS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), Erwin, ER Studio 11.0
Version Control tools: Visual Source Safe(VSS), Clear Case, Team Foundation Server (TFS), TortoiseSVN
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Collaborated with Clients to understand business model and to establish Project Requirements.
- Designed and Developed data models for custom data warehouse schemas.
- Prepared ETL design documents, production readiness documents and user guide on project executables.
- Designed Custom SSIS Packages based on Client Requirements.
- Implemented measures such as standard measures and calculated measures in SSAS using MDX.
- Implemented role based security in SQL Server for Client’s Projects.
- Developed informative and actionable Power BI reports for various types of metrics and KPI’s.
- Integrated different data sources such as MariaDB,PostgreSQL,MYSQL,PervasiveSQL,CRM Dynamics 365 in SQL Server using SSIS.
- Assisted internal team in development of Master Data Management (MDM) Prototype.
- Working knowledge on AWS Redshift.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, SSAS.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Senior Data Warehouse Developer
- Worked on Data Analytics using SQL to generate reports in SSRS.
- Wrote complex store procedures using Windows 2012 Functions.
- Created Database Replication in Development Environment and promoted to Production Environment.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2014, SSRS, SSAS, TFS.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Lead Data Warehouse Developer
- Lead discussions with Business in understanding the requirements and translate Business requirements to Technical requirements.
- Onsite Lead to take Business requirements and share with off-shore team and coordinate the progress of solution development with offshore and onsite teams.
- Designed and developed Logical and Physical data models for Reporting Layer.
- Designed and developed solutions for existing Data Warehouse Architecture using SQL Stored Procedures And SSIS Packages.
- Architected and Designed solution using SSIS Packages to load different Integration sources with Complex business rules to Data Warehouse.
- Mentored team in developing solutions.
- Worked on Master Data Management.
- Created Ad-Hoc Reports, Drill Down reports for Internal Business Team.
- Created ETL design documents including extract specifications and source-target mapping based on Requirements.
- Formed the coding standards for a uniform development, testing and production environments.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, C#, T-SQL, TFS.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior ETL Software Engineer
- Held discussions for defining Business requirements and technical requirements with Stake Holders of the company.
- Architected and Developed In house tool for Data De-Identification using SSIS tools and SQL Stored Procedures.
- Provided guidance and mentor less experience developers. Assigned daily tasks to developers.
- Designed and Developed Master SSIS package for automated restart of child packages upon failure.
- Architected and Created complex SSIS package to load data from flat files based on business rules and requirements.
- Re-Designed existing SSIS packages to improve product’s performance and reduced SSIS memory.
- Wrote efficient stored procedures to load dimension and fact tables for Data Warehouse.
- Created DB scripts to deploy database objects to various environments such as DEV, QA, Release Candidate and Production.
- Worked on data load automation to various environments such as DEV, QA, Release Candidate and Production.
- Monitored data load and improved performance by rebuilding/defragmenting of Indexes, Updating statistics.
- Designed, built and deployed Multidimensional SSAS cubes consisting of multimillion records.
- Created relationships in Data Source View and Cubes like Many to Many, Fact, Reference, and Regular.
- Created calculated fields with MDX code to meet additional measures.
- Addressed and resolved any production related support and communicated with product owners and client.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008r2, SSIS, C#, T-SQL, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Profiler, TeamCity, ER Studio 11.0 (Embarcadero), TortoiseSVN.
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
Senior Data Analyst
- Involved in Business Processes with the Business Analyst and external Customers.
- Reviewed High Level Design Documents, Functional Specifications.
- Created SSIS packages to integrate data coming from text files and excel files.
- Modified existing SSIS packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to databases.
- Wrote efficient stored procedures and User Defined Scalar Functions (UDFs).
- Performed thorough data analysis and optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Modified existing store procedures to meet the functionality of client’s business requirement.
- Deployed SSIS package to QA, Stage and production environments and scheduled SQL server job agent to transfer data to different environments.
- Performed database builds and publish to development, QA and production servers in TFS.
- Analyzed and resolved production defects in timely manner.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, T-SQL, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Profiler, TFS.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior ETL Developer
- Lead Discussions with Senior Management Team, Business Team and created new requirements.
- Involved in installing and maintaining MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS packages.
- Migrated old data from MS Access into SQL Server 2008 using SSIS packages in business intelligence development studio.
- Designed OLAP model based on Snow Flake Schema structure.
- Created SSIS packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Deployed SSIS package into production and used package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Created database maintenance plans for backup strategies and involved in database partitioning.
- Analyzed and tuned complex Queries/Stored Procedures in SQL Server 2008 for faster execution and developed database structures.
- Designed and Developed SSAS Cubes in Multidimensional Form.
- Wrote MDX Queries to be used in SSRS reports.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, C#, SSRS, T-SQL, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, MS Visio, Query Analyzer, HTML.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SQL Server BI (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Responsible for creating XML script for online feeds for certain live reports.
- Designed OLAP Model based on Star Schema Pattern.
- Created reports using SSRS in SQL Server 2008r2.
- Deployed and scheduled Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports Including current project status.
- Prepared the Layouts by placing the fields to the appropriate place according to the requirement of the final Report.
- Created standard report Subscriptions and Data Driven Report Subscriptions
- Created ad-hoc reports, drill down, and drill through reports
- Developed the Stored Procedures, Functions, Trigger in SQLServer 2008r2.
- Used TFS for Version Control, Code Release MS Build.
Environment: Windows NT/2000, C#, .NET, ADO.NET, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008 T-SQL, ER-Win.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
BI Developer (SSIS/SQL/SSRS)
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XML) and performed different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
- Scheduled and monitored SQL Server Agent Jobs to run various SSIS packages in SQL Management Studio to automate manual tasks.
- Improved the performance of SSIS packages by implementing parallel execution, removing unnecessary sorting and using optimized queries.
- Developed Drill down, drill through and charts reports with SSRS R2.
- Integrated with SharePoint while deploying SSRS Reports.
Environment: MS SSIS, SSRS, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Performance profiler, SharePoint Sever.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Jr. SQL Server Developer
- Performed Server installation and configuration using SQLServer2005.
- Design, Implement and maintain Database Schema, Entity relationship diagrams, Data modeling, Tables, Stored procedures, Functions and Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, Schemas, Functions, Views, Rules, Defaults and complex SQL statements.
- Used Quality center (Defect tracking tool) for Bug fixing and resolution details.
- Helped Development Team in deploying and testing the application, which uses SQL Server 2005 backend.
- Created SSRS report model projects in bi studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Created clustered and non-clustered indexes on tables for new database to faster retrieval of data for the Reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, SSRS Excel, Query Analyzer Windows NT/2000 server & Professional