- 9+ years of experiences as an ETL/Informatica Developer and Administrator.
- Has been involved in production and user support for Informatica related issues.
- Has followed processes, procedures and documentation involved in dealing with large infrastructure setup.
- Installed, configured, administered, upgraded and managed the Informatica 8.6.1 multi node grid environment with High Availability.
- Experience in creating Power Center Domain, Grid, Nodes and Services.
- Experience in Active - Passive
- Has very good experience with Linux.
- Has Administrator experience with IDE, B2B and IDQ.
- Worked as a support team and with the support team as an engineer.
- Experience in security administration creating and managing users, groups and roles and assigning privileges.
- Involved in folders migration between environments to follow SDLC.
- Proficient in using Informatica designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor, repository manager.
- Experience in command line programs such as pmcmd, infacmd, infasetup and pmrep.
- Experience in creating complex mappings using various transformations for ETL needs.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, system analysis, development and user training associated with the ETL processes.
- Used Informatica command line utilities and Autosys to create, schedule and control workflows, tasks and sessions.
- Involved in Disaster Recovery test for Informatica Infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of Error Handling and Recovery strategies in Informatica ETL environments.
- Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying and documenting root causes analysis and corrective actions to meet short- and long-term business and system requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact at all levels of management.
- Manage client relationships, planning and delivering external audit services to a range of organisations;
- Ensure the completion of audits/projects within agreed timescales;
- Manage a variety of differing size teams at client sites;
- Prepare and present to senior members of the client reports on the work performed;
- Develop deep relationships with your clients;
- Drive our continuous improvement in our Audit methodology;
- Work together with different departments and service lines to provide a market-leading proposition to both current and potential clients;
- Manage the financial metrics of an engagement through detailed budgeting and analysis;
- Develop junior members of the team through mentoring and appraising;
- Identify opportunities and issues within the market that the department can address to develop its offering to existing and potential clients.
- Responsible for PIM POC deliver to client.
- Invloed in end to end POC from Installing the product to talking to business unit to gather requirements on product information
- Creating assortments items, hierarchies, classifications, import/export, etc.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Upgraded Power center from 9.1 HF6 to 9.5.1 HF3
- Installed and configured Power Exchange 9.5.1 HF3
- Implemented HA and GRID.
- Installed ILM Version 6.2 Data Archive
- Created Live Archiving to Custom Database
- Created Live Archiving to File Archive Server (FAS)
- Configured Power Exchange for SAS, Netezza and Teradata.
- Configured Power Exchange for Greenplum
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Cascading, Hive
- Applied hot fixes to 9.1 versions and 9.5.1 versions.
- Administered 10 Platforms, each has its own DEV/UAT/PROD/DR servers counting about 80 servers.
- Documented the process and procedures for Informatica standards.
- Maintained LDAP security model.
- Created configured odbc/tnsnames for connectivity’s.
- Heavily involved in troubleshooting informatica issues.
- Supported production jobs, data enhancements and code fixes.
- Performed DR exercise.
- Created TRP documents for real time DR scenarios.
- Scheduled and performed maintenance to apply EBF’s, HF’s and supported other maintenances related NIC card upgrades and Data Base migrations.
- Scheduled the workflows using Informatica scheduler and Autosys
- Organizing and coordinating discussions with Technical Team.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1/9.1.0/8.6.1/, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Netezza,UNIX 5.3/6.1, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS Power Point, MS Visio, TOAD 9.6.1, ITSM
Confidential, New York, NY
Pre Sales Director
- Performed Powercenter upgrade from 8.5.1 to 9.1.
- Strong PowerCenter Administrator skills
- Performed Powercenter upgrade in Unix/Linux and Windows
- Involved in Resource management. Monitor and manage resources associated with the Informatica environment.
- Configured Active-Passive for Windows and Linux
- Configured Informatica Powercenter servers to connect to SQL server.
- Configured IDQ for multiple Client’s
- Configured Power Exchange CDC for Oracle and Sql Server
- Created and managed folders specific for the projects.
- Create Best Practices Documentation for various clients
- Maintain a library of best practices in order to support knowledge sharing between Informatica architects and developers.
- Involved in Software upgrades plan and manage Informatica software patching and upgrades.
- Provide POC for Various Client’s for PowerCenter, IDQ and DVO
- Maintain and continuously develop technical knowledge of Informatica products
- Advise on architectural configuration for PowerCenter, IDQ, DVO, ETC.
- Install and configure new products and components, stand up new environments
- Reviews new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for process, performance, reliability, or data management, storage or backup improvements and to identify opportunities to reduce costs
- Implement procedures to maintain, monitor, backup and recover operations for ETL environment
- Provide 24/7 Support related to Administration tasks (Emergency Deployments, FATAL ERRORS on the Informatica Server, unexpected Informatica services failures, Repository issues etc.
Environment:: Informatica 8x,9x Oracle,Exadata,Golden Gate,Tibco, DB2, Red Hat Linux, Solaris 5.8.Windows
Confidential, WhitePlaines, NY
- Created production, development and UAT domain, which had integration, services.
- Performed Informatica upgrade from 8.1 to 8.6.
- Engaged in POC of the upgrade from 8.6.1 to 9.1.
- Involved in Resource management. Monitor and manage resources associated with the Informatica environment
- Installed data quality integration plug in and updated scripts.
- Installed version repository and managed version Informatica objects.
- Installed and configured Informatica grid and high availability.
- Created and Modified the Perl Scripts according to Change Requests.
- Configured Informatica Powercenter servers to connect to various databases like Teradata, DB2.
- Created multiple nodes, integration service, repository service, assigned integration service to grid.
- Created folders, user management, groups and permissions, as well as privilege management
- Involved in Informatica issue resolution, folder migration, Administration and served as the first line of support internally for any Informatica issues raised by the project teams.
- Maintain a library of best practices in order to support knowledge sharing between Informatica architects and developers
- Involved in Software upgrades plan and manage Informatica software patching and upgrades
- Involved in Security administration. Managed Informatica users and roles in order to enforce data security, while making sure all users have the necessary access to perform their tasks
- Interface with the support team for enterprise scheduler in order to schedule and monitor Informatica production jobs
Environment:: Informatica 8.1.1/8.6.1, Oracle, DB2, Red Hat Linux, Solaris 5.8.
Confidential, Salt Lake City
- Designed and implemented HA and DR strategy in line with Informatica standards.
- Upgraded Informatica 7.3 and 8.1 to 8.6.
- Installed and Configured Power Exchange for SQL Server.
- Worked on shared platform integration with LDAP.
- Created or updated documentation or webcasts for Best Practices, Policy, User Guides, Security guidelines, and Getting Started.
- Have and maintain deep understanding of Informatica PowerCenter (from both Designer and Administration sides) and a good overall knowledge (and preferably experience) of the complete Informatica Product Stack to guide existing & prospective projects; kept up to date with products and vendors in the Data Integration market.
- Assisted setting up capacity management framework (process/tools/metrics).
- Managed/Promoted shared platform for new and existing projects; migrated existing projects to shared platform helping retire kit/save costs/repatriate licenses.
- Established methodology to profile new and existing projects migrating to the shared platform.
- Provided developer help, and 3rd line support when needed; manage project support “proxies” to Informatica’s vendor Support; assisted and supported in on-boarding of existing & new projects.
- Organized Internal and/or External training sessions; ensured minimum training level for all projects using shared infrastructure. Identified and implemented process to “certify” Shared Platform developers to ensure minimum level of knowledge.
- Helped projects with metadata management, data quality and data profiling needs.
- Also involved in product demos, project performance reviews and design/architecture reviews
Environment:: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.1.1, Informatica Data Analyzer 8.6.1, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL Developer, Toad, UNIX (AIX), Solaris 5.6, Flat files(delimited, fixed width, XML), UNIX Shell scripting.
Confidential, New York, NT
- Worked as an Informatica Consultant.
- Installing Informatica Power center 8.5.1 on various flavors of Unix.
- Creating SR to Informatica, Inc. - related to any Power center product issues.
- As per Fulfillment requests (FR) migration of objects in all phases (DEV, QA and PRD) of project and trained developers to maintain system when in production.
- Performed Upgrading Informatica Power center Version 7.x to Informatica Power center 8.X.
- Ensures proper configuration of the Power Center Domain components.
- Experience in nodes, Repository services and Integration services.
- Ensures proper application of the licensing files.
- Create, backup, restore for Informatica Repositories.
- Creating Folders and manages user and user group access to objects based on LDAP settings.
- Involving Testing, Debugging, Validation and Performance Tuning of data warehouse, help develop optimum solutions for data warehouse deliverables.
- Maintain all necessary updates and patches for the ETL environments.
- Monitoring the Jobs and sever space availability and CPU Process.
- Developed, Modified and Tested UNIX Shell scripts and necessary Test Plans to ensure the successful
- Preparing Procedures for related Informatica issues.
- Preparing weekly and monthly progress report.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5.1/8.1.1/7.1.5, Power center Data Analyzer 8.5.1 HP-UNIX, IBM-AIX, Windows -2000 and Oracle 9i/10xe OEM. Toad, Control- M.
Confidential, Cralsbad, CA
- Develop logical and physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows.
- Converted the data mart from Logical design to Physical design, defined data types, Constraints, Indexes, and generated the Database Schema in the Database, created Automated scripts, defined storage parameters for the objects.
- Worked on creating Meta data universe to run reports based on Meta data.
- Designed the Data Mart defining Entities, Attributes and relationships between them.
- Synchronized queries (Linking Objects using the Data Manager) from multiple data providers. Documented report parameters, fields and logic used for developing of reports and universe.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings to load data from Source systems to ODS and then to Data Mart.
- Extensively used Power Center/Mart to design multiple mappings with embedded business logic. Creation of Transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier Transformations in the Informatica Designer.
- Created complex mappings using Unconnected Lookup, Sorter, Aggregator, newly changed dynamic Lookup and Router transformations for populating target table in efficient manner.
- Created Mapplets and used them in different Mappings.
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users and created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the mappings.
- Performance tuning of the Informatica mappings using various components like Parameter files, Variables and Dynamic Cache.
- Performance tuning using round robin, hash auto key, Key range partitioning.
- Used shell scripts for automating the execution of maps.
- Optimized the Oracle PL/SQL queries.
- Analyzed Test cases and Test Plans.
- Involved in unit and system testing.
Environment:: Informatica Power Center, Business Objects, oracle 9i, DB2, ERWIN, Toad, Flat Files, Load Utilities, SQL * Loader, UNIX Shell Scripting, Windows XP, SUN OS