- 10 years of strong Data Warehousing experience using Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x(Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation developer), Informatica PowerMart 7x/6x, Power Connect, Power Exchange.
- Experience in creating Reusable Transformations (Joiner, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Normalizer and Rank) and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets.
- Experience in all the phases of Data warehouse life cycle involving Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, and Deployment.
- Performance tuning and Optimization of sessions, mappings, sources and targets, Production support, trouble shooting and solving migration issues, and identifying errors during data loads and transformations.
- Involved in creating web service mappings/Real time Mappings using Informatica Power Center to provide real time data services.
- Strong knowledge of Entity - Relationship concept, Facts and dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions and Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema).
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL server and MS access and non-relational sources like flat files into staging area.
- Created Mapplets, reusable transformations and used them in different mappings.
- Created Workflows and used various tasks like Email, Event-wait and Event-raise, Timer, Scheduler, Control, Decision, Session in the workflow manager.
- Made use of Post-Session success and Post-Session failure commands in the Session task to execute scripts needed for cleanup and update purposes.
- Sound understanding of Data warehousing project life cycle, Dimension l Modeling, ETL Development and Business Intelligence.
- Adept on database query tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator and SQL Plus and SQL Developer.
- Ensuring the accuracy & integrity of ETL processes through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution.
- Good working knowledge on developer client/ Informatica IDQ .
- Expertise in preparing the ETL Design Documents like High Level and low level Design documents.
- Experience in documenting High Level Design, Low level Design, CTP’s, FD’s, TD’s and Deployment Documents
- Worked with the flat files in both the direct and indirect methods and worked with XML files.
- Involved in project estimations, Unit testing and preparation of Unit Test Cases.
- Involved in preparation of Deployment plan to deploy the code from one environment to another environment.
- Responsible for gap identification in existing solution and preparing a solution model for the execution and deployment of project releases
- Responsible to co-ordinate with multiple teams across vendors for ETL code development , testing, issue resolution and production.
- Good knowledge of Data warehouse concepts and principles (Kimball/Inman) - Star Schema, Snowflake, Data Vault, Oracle Designer and modeling tools like Erwin and Visio, SCD, Surrogate keys, Normalization/De normalization
- Good expertise in Data Analysis, Data Cleansing and Data Validation
- Experience in Integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files, DB2 and XML Files.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
Data Warehousing/ ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x (Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet, Transformation, Sessions, Workflow Manager-Workflow, Task, Commands, Worklet, Transactional Control, Constraint Based Loading, SCD I, II, DataMart, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, OLTP.
Data Modeling: Physical Modeling, Logical Modeling, Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact, Dimensions), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Teradata, DB2, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access, MS Excel Languages SQL, PLSQL C, C++, Data Structures, Unix Shell Script, Visual Basic
Web Technologies: XML, HTML.
Tools: Toad, SQL* Developer.
Scheduler: Autosys, Tivoli
Operating Systems: Windows
Confidential, New York
ETL Informatica Developer
- Responsible for development of ETL code (mappings etc.) and doing unit testing.
- Extracted data from different sources staged into a single place and applied business logic to load them in the central Teradata database.
- Used Informatica Power Center 9.6.1 for Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) of data into the data warehouse.
- Extensively used Transformations like Router, Aggregator, Joiner, Expression and Lookup, Update strategy and Sequence generator and Filter.
- Created Informatica Mappings, Sessions including Command tasks like Event Wait, Event Raise, and Timer and assignment workflows on business requirements.
- Parameterized the mappings and increased the re-usability.
- Created Test cases for the mappings developed and then created integration Testing Document.
- Doing System Testing and coordinating UAT with other vendor.
- Used Pushdown Optimization, Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) to improve the performance
- Creating code in Teradata such as views, Macros and Stored Procedures.
- Monitoring the Production load daily including weekends and Resolving issues and providing remedies during the production load and validating the production data once the load gets completed.
- Attending Daily status call with customer and other stake holders.
- Extensively used Informatica features like workflow variables and Mapplet.
- Worked with developers, DBAs, and systems support personnel in elevating and automating successful code to production.
- Implemented complex transformations and mappings.
- Responsible for ETL design, development, testing and review of code along with supporting documents like Unit test case and technical handover documents.
- Developed mappings based on the stored procedures from Sybase.
- Responsible for monitoring all the Informatica regions such as UAT and Prod Support and Production.
- Responsible for End-to End Testing for newly developed features.
- Scheduling Informatica jobs and implementing dependencies if necessary using Autosys.
- Managed postproduction issues and delivered all assignments/projects within specified time lines.
Environment: Informatica 9.6.1, teradata,, Flat Files.
ETL Informatica Developer
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and laid out the steps for the data extraction, business logic implementation & loading into targets.
- Responsible for Impact Analysis, upstream/downstream impacts.
- Created detailed Technical specifications for Data Warehouse and ETL processes.
- Used Informatica as ETL tool, and stored procedures to pull data from source systems/ files, cleanse, transform and load data into the Teradata using Teradata Utilities.
- Worked on Informatica- Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer &Mapplet, and Transformation Developer.
- Used most of the transformations such as the Source Qualifier, Expression, Aggregator, Filter , Connected and Unconnected Lookups, Joiner, update strategy and stored procedure.
- Extensively used Pre-SQL and Post-SQL scripts for loading the data into the targets according to the requirement.
- Developed mappings to load Fact and Dimension tables, SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2 dimensions and Incremental loading and unit tested the mappings.
- Involved in Initial loads, Incremental loads and Daily loads to ensure that the data is loaded in the tables in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of Teradata SQL, ETL and other processes to optimize session performance.
- Worked extensively with different Caches such as Index cache, Data cache and Lookup cache (Static, Dynamic and Persistence) while developing the Mappings.
- Created Reusable transformations, Mapplets , Worklets using Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer and Work let Designer.
- Integrated the data into centralized location. Used migration, redesign and Evaluation approaches.
- Responsible for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and helped with User Acceptance Testing.
- Tuned the performance of mappings by following Informatica best practices and also applied several methods to get best performance by decreasing the run time of workflows.
- Worked extensively on Informatica Partitioning when dealing with huge volumes of data and also partitioned the tables in Teradata for optimal performance.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, SQLSERVER 2005, Windows 2003, Unix, Teradata, Flat Files, Toad, Winscp, Putty, Autosys, UNIX.
ETL Informatica Developer
- Coordinating with Onsite Team and client for Requirements gathering and analysis.
- Understanding and developing the ETL framework for Informatica objects as per coding standards.
- Performed the data profiling and analysis making use of Informatica Data Quality (IDQ).
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) tool kit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception.
- Used reference tables and rules created in Analyst tool.
- Used various IDQ transformations like Standardizer, Match, Association, Parser, Weighted Average,
- Comparison, Consolidation, Decision, Expression
- Implement Data Quality Rules using IDQ to check correctness of the source files and perform the data cleansing/enrichment.
- Loading data into operational data store.
- Designing and developing Informatica mappings including Type-I, Type-II, Type-III slowly changing dimensions(SCD)
- Coding & testing the Informatica Objects & Reusable Objects as BI standards.
- Participating in peer review of Informatica objects.
- Estimating volume of work & Deriving delivery plans to fit into overall planning
- Prepared ETL Build Peer Review Checklist's and Unit Test Case Templates for different work packages.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
Environment: Informatica 9.1(PC & IDQ), Data Stage, Power Exchange, TeraData, SQL SERVER, Teradata SQL Assistant, UNIX, CITRIX, Business Objects
ETL Informatica Developer
- Designed and developed ETL Processes based on business rules, job control mechanism using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in requirements gathering, functional/technical specification, Designing and development of end-to- end ETL process for Sales Data Warehouse.
- Studied the existing OLTP system(s) and Created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart.
- Used Informatica power center for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems.
- Worked extensively on complex mappings using source qualifier, joiner, expressions, aggregators, filters, Lookup, update strategy, stored procedure transformations , etc.
- Used workflow monitor to monitor the jobs, reviewed session/workflow logs that were generated for each session to resolve issues, used Informatica debugger to identify issues in mapping execution.
- Re-engineered lots of existing mappings to support new/changing business requirements.
- Monitored production jobs on a daily basis and worked on issues relating to the job failure and restarted failed jobs after correcting the errors.
- Developed reusable transformations, mapplets, sessions , work lets to make Informatica code very modular and reuse as required
- Performance tuned SQL statements, Informatica mappings, used Informatica parallelism options to speed up data loading.
- Using Informatica Power center9.1 to make the changes to the existing ETL mappings in each of the environments.
- Collaborated with Project Manager, Tech Lead, Developers, QA teams and Business SMEs to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database and use them as a Stored Procedure Transformation.
Environment: Informatica Power Centre 9.1, Repository Manager, Designer, Work Flow Manager, SQL Server, Teradata, XML Files, Flat Files, CSV files, PL/SQL, Windows.