- Data Warehouse Lead /Architect with demonstrated expertise in Leading Projects, Data Warehouse Architecture & Design and People Management.Proficient in all phases of software development life cycle, specializing in design, reviews, implementation and Performance tuning.)
- Extensive knowledge of all components of Data Warehousing (Data Modeling, ETL, BI)
- Skilled at handling complex projects and rapidly evolving requirements.
- Ability to build and maintain enterprise data warehouses by employing new ideas, methods and technologies.
- Lead various teams at Amazon to successfully build, deploy and maintain multiple data warehouses
- Lead various teams at Confidential to successfully build, deploy and maintain data warehouses for multiple customers over period of 6 years.
- Lead Micro cluster Migration project at Amazon (Migrate multiple Data Warehouses into a 10 Rack cluster having 300 TB space. Data was migrated from Exadata Oracle Databases and hence many customizations were required from data modeling, ETL and BI standpoint)
- Lead Oracle BI Financials team at Amazon (Take care of Accounts Payable, Receivables and General Ledger Reporting)
- Expertise using Oracle Exadata capabilities (compression, query optimization etc.)
- Lead Proof of concept for Unified Sub ledger Reporting using parallel processing in Oracle (DBMS EXECUTE)
- Lead Prepaid Data warehousing team at Confidential Holdings - responsible for gathering requirements, design, build implementation of Prepaid Data Warehousing (including Prepaid Revenue Module)
- Data Architect / Team Lead for Disney Studios Confidential Planning / BI Implementation. Led 6 member ETL team for solution Implementation
- Redesigned HR Data Mart for Confidential Inc. Led 3 member team for prototype Design / Development.
- Lead 12 member ETL Team to successfully deploy Phase I and Phase II of Broadband DW for Verizon, with extensive contribution to ETL Architecture /Design, as well as System Testing/Production Deployment.
- Worked on Big data projects at Amazon using Hadoop, HBase
- Worked on Amazon RedShift
Sr. Data Warehouse Architect / Lead
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Created project plan, analyzed effort estimate and lead 6-member team to successfully complete the project.
- Reengineered ETL, OBIEE components, which were written for Exadata to run on regular Cluster setup.
- Project completed on time and on budget
- Manage QA, prod implementation and post production support for all data warehouses migrated to cluster.
- Manage all Customer communications and trouble tickets for the project.
- Lead various enhancement efforts for AR, AP, GL subject area reports (Add new geographies like India, Russia, Brazil etc.)
- Lead 3 member team to customize OBIA ETL modules / reports for Exadata Appliance.
- Redesign the standard OBIA data model to suit amazon scale. (2 billion AR, AP transactions a year). This includes adding aggregate layers, retiring many standard OBIA code modules and replacing with custom modules.
- Lead 2 member team to design, pilot and implement encryption processes for storing /retrieving critical /highly classified data related to Amazon customers / suppliers as well as internal unpublished financial info.
- Create data lake in Hadoop (AWS private cloud) for handling Unstructured / ION / JSON files from Amazon Tax source systems
- Design / Deploy data warehouse in HIVE for Audit Reporting
- Design / Deploy process to archive data in Amazon RedShift.
Data Warehouse Lead
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Created Data Integration architecture and overall Data Integration design of Telco prepaid components
- Collect Requirements, Design and Lead team to build Prepaid Revenue Module for Confidential .
- Assist in the development of the data integration work stream
- Reviews Data Integration project deliverables in order to ensure compliance with Architectural Standards and meeting SOW deliverables list
- Lead 10 member team (Onsite / Offshore) in creating Physical Data Integration models, ETL components, Unit Testing and Documentation for prepaid components
- Capabilities of the Confidential BI Data Warehouse Solution include
- A Single source of truth for data across all Markets in which Confidential operates Mobile Networks (Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil)
- Retire various Metric definitions used for the same metric (ex Revenue). Standardize metric definitions within and across markets
- Serve as Data Repository for all Usage, Revenue Information
- Homogenize data across various systems (Billing, Networks, Rating, Recharging systems, prepaid systems)
Data Warehouse Lead
Confidential, Burbank, CA
- Understand Confidential Planning Publishes and support Data Architect in creating Site Schemas to support reporting for various sites
- Serve as the SME for Confidential Planning Publishes and communicate requirements between Reporting, ETL and Planning team.
- Design overall ETL Architecture, ETL Components and led 6 team members in Implementing Informatica based ETL Solution.
- Capabilities of new Confidential Planning / Reporting suite for Disney Studios include
- Retire existing SAP BPS (SAP Planning tool) and Implement Confidential Planning / reporting suite
- Create plan for various sites with multiple versions. Publish multiple versions separately and Capable of fine tuning the publish tables to suit ETL needs
- Site specific Data Marts are built which house the published data. Confidential Reporting suite runs against the Data Mart to produce reports.
- Source Actuals data from SAP as well as other external sources.
- Ability to perform Ad-Hoc reports, compare plan / actuals data between various sites.
ETL Lead / Data Architect
Confidential, Mountain view, CA
- Analyze the existing complex views to understand the business rules and requirements.
- Create Star Schemas to support the reporting requirements
- Led 3 member ETL Team to come up with ETL Design Documents, ETL Architecture and Tech Design document for 9 Star Schemas
- Review the design documents prepared by team, provide feedback, share with Clients and get necesssary approval for Development work.
- Led the ETL Team in Development of ETL components for the 9 star schemas which load data from GHR source systems into HR Data warehouse. Provide Effort, Schedule estimates with development using KETL.
- Capabilities of new Core HR Data Mart Include
- Retire existing Complex views written as a layer above ODS which are difficult to maintain and change. These views mimic a physical star schema for Microstrategy for reporting.
- In corporate new business requirements / change requests in creating the 9 star schemas for Head Count, Attrition etc.
- Ability to perform Ad-Hoc reports.
- Faster report execution due to pre loaded star schema.
- Future data model Changes to suit business requirements can be easily incorporated.
DATA WAREHOUSE MIGRATION LEAD
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyze Architecture, Data Model, Loads, Outgoing Feeds of the existing host system
- Interact with downstream systems and propose new optimized data feed design and obtain sign off.
- Lead 3 member Design team to arrive at the solution blueprint aimed at migration of Confidential from Mainframe to Unix DB2
- Analyze all loads and decide whether to opt for push or pull strategy based on source system, data volume etc.
- Analyze and document all ETL processes and study the feasibility of conversion to Informatica ETL.
- Ensure existing reporting system using Business Objects can function seamlessly using the new Unix based Data Warehouse
- Prepare project plan, deliver blueprint as per the prepared project plan and allocated budget.
- Capabilities of new Unix based Confidential Include
- Retire host based SDW thereby replacing all COBOL / Assembler based routines performing ETL with Informatica / SQL / Korn scripts. The new DW is flexible to change requests and easier to maintain
DW ARCHITECT/ ETL TEAM LEAD
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Performed Requirements Analysis to add new Star Schemas to Siebel Analytics.
- Designed Logical and Physical Data model for the new Star Schemas.
- Designed and Implemented Overall ETL Architecture except for Siebel Analytics.
- Provide high level ETL Design to team members, perform code reviews, aid in system test plan development and system testing.
- Capabilities of Confidential project include
- Consolidate customer data from Subscription, Advertisement, Preprint data, and Confidential customer interactive websites to identify potential customers. USPS address data (CDS) for Dallas region was used to identify list of potential addresses that can be targeted.
- Customers with no solicit constraints like Do not Call, Do not Mail, Do not Email can be identified and excluded from campaigns.
- Led 4 member ETL Team in Development of Staging, EIM and DW loads to Siebel Analytics. Provide Integration plan for all ETL components, Implement ETL components & workflows, and review for functionality, performance and interoperability with Siebel components
- Performance tuning of Data Warehouse components (Oracle & Informatica) during UAT /Production Deployment
- Led DW Team to Analyze and resolve all critical DW issues during UAT and Production deployment.
ETL ARCHITECT/TEAM LEAD
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Managed a 12 person ETL Team in development, maintenance and implementation of Workflow, PL/SQL & Korn scripts for real-time ODS & DW loads.
- Performed estimation, analysis, design, coding, unit testing, project planning, and reviews,
- Effectively performed as team lead.
- Capabilities of MDR include:
- Single Data Repository comprised of data from ordering, billing, provisioning, and trouble ticketing systems. This enabled MDR to effectively present an end to end view of customer/sales data, furthering client satisfaction.
- Real-Time reporting capabilities (20 to 30 mins) enabling business customers to view and analyze the status of an order or repair ticket, as well as current inventory.
- Conceptualized and developed test specifications
- Successfully managed and executed integration and transition of MDR ETL Phase I, II to UAT, and subsequently to production.
- Led ETL performance tuning team (DB & Informatica) in achieving terms of service level agreements. Accomplished significant reductions in ETA’s for both real time ODS loads and DW.