- 9 years of IT experience in managing quality assurance effort for domain like Health Insurance Mortgage, Investment Banking, ERP Sales and Distribution, Government, biomedical, and Financial domains.
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Software Testing
- Expertise in testing Data Warehousing tools (Informatica, Ab Initio, SSIS, DataStage), applications, Business Intelligence tools like (OBIEE, SSRS, Microstrategy, Cognos), Java and Web logic based applications, Quality assurance and management, Risk, Compliance, Data management, Internal audit and Enterprise risk management projects and programs.
- Expertise testing health care related data like Claims, Medical, Risk, Prevention data. Experienced working with HIPAA, ICD9 and ICD10 codes, Healthcare Facets.
- Sound understanding in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Management Life Cycle(PMLC), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Spiral, RAD, V Model and Agile models and iterative model and associated artifacts starting Business Case, ROI, Design, Test and Implement.
- Involved in the Process changes like Change Management (CM), Change Request (CR) and implementing industry best practices using tool like Clear Quest.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, SOAPUI
- Experienced in Test Life Cycle, reviewing requirements using DOORS, Planning tests, Documentation, Execution and Defects
- Experience on working XML, XSD and XSL, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP and latest features like Policies and Services.
- Involved in testing SOA with RESTful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third - party API using Test complete and SOAPUI
- Designed and developed automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver and Junit for end to end regression testing of the application
- Exposure and Trained on Coded UI
- Experience on Selenium Webdriver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Experience on creating Scripts using C# in Visual Studio
- Expert in planning and executing Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance Testing, Compatibility Testing for Java and .net based web application, Data Warehouse Application; UNIX based applications and Client Server applications.
- Experience testing ETL, PL/SQL, UNIX batch jobs using scheduling tools such as Autosys, Cron tab.
- Very good experience working with UNIX commands and UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Experienced in writing detailed Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Data Management Plan and maintained Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) for large releases, application enhancements, maintenance releases and defect fixes for various applications.
- Widely experienced executing test cases for UAT environment
- Used automated Query Surge tool to validates data from source to target database
- Knowledge in creating Business Scenarios, Test Scenarios, Test Cases for System, Integration, Regression using HP Quality Center and User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Hands on testing experience on mobile apps IOS and Android
- Maintained and updated Requirements Traceability matrix (RTM) having Business Requirements, Technical Requirements, Test Scenarios and Test Cases for test completeness and Internal Audit (IA)
- Ability to independently develop, maintain and execute Test plans and Test scripts.
- Managed all testing artifacts in HP Quality Center, TFS (Team Foundation Server), utilized the same for test execution and reporting.
- Hands of Experience of developing Automation script using Java and python
- Expert in writing Complex SQL queries for backend testing and created several queries on the fly for user specific requirements for trouble shooting day to day production issues to identify root cause.
- Experienced in analyzing Data Flow Diagram (DFD) and Data Model, Entity relationship diagrams.
- Performed well under stress, working with multiple applications testing concurrently, coordinating QA activities with various teams and supported project management teams in release activities.
- Coordinated Release management for Application Maintenance Releases and Production Defects fixes.
- Ensured SDLC standards and application quality goals met by Quality Assurance Testing strategy.
- Excellent communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in leading Software Testing projects and expert in coordinating testing effort between Onshore and offshore teams.
Methodologies: RUP, OOP, UML, Agile Modeling, SDLC model, Waterfall Model, Spiral model, Use Cases, JAD
Requirements tools: Rational Requisitepro, DOORS, JIRA, Rally
Data modeling and Design: ER Diagrams and MS VISIO, ERWIN
Databases: Oracle11g, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, DB2, Teradata, Mainframe
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center (V10.0), ALM, QTP, SOAPUI, Selenium, QuerySurge, REST API
IDEA Tool: Eclipse, Visual Studio, RStudio, intellij, Netbeans
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP, UNIX
Defect Management Tools: Rational Clearquest and HP Quality Center (10.0), ALM, JIRA, BugZilla
ETL Tools: Informatica, Ab initio, DataStage, SSIS
Reporting Tools: OBIEE (10.1.3.4.2 ), Microstrategy, Cognos, SSRS, Tableau
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Automation / ETL /Data warehouse /Data Analyst /Report /SharePoint / Web Interface Tester
- Designed and developed automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver and Junit for end to end regression testing of the application
- Analyzed the business and technical process workflows and mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required, business rules to be applied, target tables, columns and data types.
- Analyzed the business and technical requirement document for SSRS and Cognos Report application and analyzed the mapping document between report and source database.
- Analyzed the business requirements for web applications and SharePoint application.
- Conducted Operation readiness testing, deployment testing, functional testing, negative testing, count testing and regression testing.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum BDD environment with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber JVM.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Webdriver and Java
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed and executed the test script using C#
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and JENKINS.
- Developed automation scripts using cucumber tool in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) framework.
- Extensively used different ETL tools to load data from Oracle database, SQL Server, Flat files to the Data warehouse.
- Used Ant, SVN, Selenium RC, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Used Xpath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Involved in implementation of ETL best practices and Maintain, backup and restore the Informatics ETL repositories for the QA team.
- Worked with 4 different upstream data teams at time to make sure required source test data is available to start ETL and report testing using different source databases and databases tools
- Extensively worked on to test target data using different data source (Flat Files, Oracle, Vertica )
- Used ETL tools and Report application on daily basis.
- Worked on very complex relational databases and transforms logic during ETL Testing.
- Monitored the ETL jobs on Informatica, SSIS and DataStage tools and make sure job ran smoothly.
- Performed Troubleshooting to resolve the ETL job failing issues and coordinated with Development teams.
- Developed high level test matrix based on business requirements, functional and technical specifications, and development standards for assigned projects/applications.
- Developed ETL test cases based on test matrix including test data preparation for Data Completeness, Data Transformations, Data quality, Performance and scalability.
- Developed Test Cases for Report, SharePoint and Web applications for UAT environment.
- Performed functional, format testing and data validation for report applications.
- Using SQL validated the data of report application against the source database/Web applications/flat files.
- Performed data validation, triggered the ETL jobs, monitored ETL jobs and extracted the large volume data using UNIX commands and scripts.
- Preformed functional, negative and regression testing for Web application projects.
- Extensively worked on to develop test plans and test strategies for ETL, Report, and SharePoint and Web application projects.
- Developed automation scripts using java.
- Created Defects for ETL Report, SharePoint and Web application using Clearquest and JIRA tool
- Attended daily basis Status Meeting, Scrum meeting, Business Requirement review meeting, Database review meeting, Project plans meeting, introspecting meeting, Defect Review Meeting.
- Reviewed Test Plan, Test Strategies, Test Cases, open defect list and Go-No/GO recommendation documents with project team.
- Developed SQL queries /scripts to validate the data such as checking duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Scheduled and trigger ETL jobs using scheduler tools Tivoli and Control M.
- Automated the export/import data processing for test database
- Performed Count Validation, Structural validation, Constraint validation, Complete data validation, Null validation, Negative testing, Duplicate testing
- Extensive SQL querying on Staging, Data warehouse and Data Marts.
- Ensured Error logs and audit tables are generated and populated properly
- Involved in Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Prepared daily status report and send it to the project team.
- Worked on agile methodology for many projects.
- Leaded the many very challenging projects by self and completed it successfully as well worked as member of Test Team.
- Developed test plan, test cases and executed to test dashboard and graphs project on Tableau tool
- Extensively worked with SSIS ETL dev, Datastage ETL dev, Informatica ETL dev, SSIS Report dev, Cognos Report dev, Business, SharePoint dev/admin, Web application dev, Project Enterprise Architect, Database Architect, Database Admin and Project Deployment team.
- Developed test strategy and executed test cases for mobile apps IOS and Android.
- Managed enterprise wide systems, Integration, User Acceptance and end-to-end quality assurance testing including: test design, test strategy, development, enhancement, documentation, and test execution of projects using Automated and Manual Testing tools.
- Tracked and reported the issues to project team and management during test cycles.
- Updated and maintained existing test Matrix and test cases based on code changes and enhancements to assigned applications.
- Contributed in the development of knowledge transfer documentation.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, JUnit, Java, Web Services, RESTful Services, Script, Python, CSS, SOAPUI, Cucumber, XPath, C#, Eclipse, MS Visual Studio 2017, HP Quality Center 11.0, MS Server 2012/2016, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint 2016, DB2, Toad 12.11,Oracle 10g/11g, DB visualizer 10.0, Informatica Power Center 9.1, Tableau, Datastage 9.1, JIRA 7.4, IBM rational ClearQuest, Cognos 10.0, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Control-M, WinSCP, UNIX, Windows 7,HTML,Rally, PL/SQL, XML
Confidential, Addison, TX
ETL Tester / Web QA Analyst
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Too
- Involved in Design and development of test plans based on high-level documents (BRD & FRS).
- Involved in writing and implementing the Test plan, Test cases, Test Procedures, Test sets using Use cases and requirement specifications.
- Analyzed customer and business needs to determine business and functional requirements.
- Gathered and documented business requirements for system gaps that require development in credit card project.
- Participated in functional requirement reviews and code reviews.
- Analyzed existing business processes and provided recommendations for improvements and efficiencies in credit card project.
- Developed Test Script and Testing Web Services using Selenium tool to test integration system
- Worked with Business Analyst and Developer to resolve the defects.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Use Cases diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Extensively involved in testing the application developed in Agile Methodology and detailed designs.
- Analyzed the user/business requirements and functional specification documents.
- Analyzed and optimized the use cases and created the Test cases based on them for Change Requests.
- Have leaded small offshore team to develop Test Plan and Test Script
- Executed all Test cases in different phases of testing like Smoke, Regression and System testing of the application.
- Developed the Teradata SQL (Teradata SQL) script
- Have tested scheduler scenario on Autosys, ASZ zena.
- Validated the Informatica workflows according to business requirement documents.
- Used Informatica workflow manager to run the workflows and workflow monitor to verify their status and logs.
- Widely experience in verify the log of ETL jobs
- Validated the Data warehouse(DWH) Table structure part of ETL testing
- Execute batch processing and verify the ETL jobs status and data in database tables
- Develop parameter driven ETL process to map source systems to target data warehouse with Informatica complete source system profiling.
- Tested all the rules which implemented during ETL job move data from source to target Data Warehouse(DWH)
- Developed complex SQL queries to test ETL jobs source to target Data Warehouse(DWH)
- Involved in defining Test Scenarios for the applications and performed manual testing in HP Quality Center.
- Created and executed different types of test cases for the Change Request and existing functionality of the application.
- Responsible for checking of data in database by writing and executing SQL statements.
- Extensively involved in testing the application developed in Agile Methodology
- Involved in meetings with Automation team for Development of Automation Scripts for Change requests to run the along with regression tests suites of business priorities on Loan Application.
- Involved in backend testing using UNIX commands.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10.0, / 11, Oracle 10g/11g, AS 400 IBM iSeries DW, Informatica Power Center 9.1, SQL Server 2008, Teradata 13.0 Autosys 10.0, Toad 10.0, ASG Zena 3.1,WinSCP, UNIX, DB Visualizer 10.0, VBScript, Windows 7 HTML, Web Services, Selenium, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, XML
ETL / DWH / Web Interface / BI QA Analyst / Data Analyst
- Reviewed business requirements (BRD), application requirements (SRS), Use Cases, System Module Specification, System Interface Specification, System architecture diagram.
- Also reviewed data flow diagram, data model to better understand cube/dimension presentation.
- Prepared test data/mock data for identified scenarios, submitted remedy ticket/ work order # to coordinate with DBA’s to migrate production data into System Integration Testing environment.
- Created quality assurance readiness review document and reviewed with stakeholders and project management teams before test execution.
- Created test cases for Smoke testing, System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Stored and managed test cases in HP Quality Center for multiple releases, baseline and used for Regression testing and System testing.
- Verified the application outputs like reports on the different browsers like Safari, IE, Chrome and Firefox.
- Tested the customer service application supporting tips for the different browsers.
- Tested the customer service application functionality and modules, roles and responsibilities.
- Created Regression test sets in Quality Center Test Lab module and executed the same for Regression testing.
- ETL - Data extraction process, transformation and loading from Upstream.
- Used Informatica workflow manager to schedule and execute the workflows, Informatica workflow Monitor to identify the status and to verify the session and workflow logs.
- Validated PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, and Functions by writing PL/SQL functions and Anonymous blocks.
- Tracked, logged, and drove defects to resolution, enhancements using Rational Clearquest and taken care that the defect life cycle was followed.
- Validated reports generated by reporting tool.
- Verified test results (viewing the log files using VI editor, querying the database using the SQL) documenting the defects.
- Involved in testing the UI screens, reports which was used by the internal business team.
- Validated PL/SQL, UNIX, ETL batch jobs scheduled using Autosys.
- Utilized DOORS as a requirement repository (RTM) and synchronized with Quality Center
- Created test status reports throughout the testing life cycle using quality center, reports and graphs, test case execution data and communicated to stakeholders project management team.
- Validated Customer facing and Ad hoc reports developed in Oracle OBIEE.
- Trained business users in various occasions about application enhancement quality assurance tools such as rational ClearQuest, quality center and QA industry best practices.
- Logged and drove defects to resolution using rational clear quest for multiple releases.
Environment: Quality Center 11, Rational ClearQuest, DOORS, Informatica Power Center 8.6, Agile, OBIEE, Oracle 11g, Toad, Autosys, ASG Zena, Essbase, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Putty, TFS, SharePoint
Confidential, Carlsbad, CA
ETL / DWH / BI QA Analyst / Web Tester / Data Analyst
- Reviewed requirements document such as BRD, DMS and design document and other artifacts to better understand the process, its underlying data.
- Actively reviewed business requirement to identify ambiguous and unclear requirements, worked with clarify those items.
- Utilized and managed the requirements from DOORS.
- Assisted in System and User Acceptance Test Plan for Mortgage Application release 081,082 and 091.
- Created System test scenarios and User acceptance test scenarios to test all mortgage application releases.
- Created detailed test cases independently to test web application created using java for internal and external purpose.
- Validated various SSIS and SSRS packages.
- Conducted Smoke testing, Regression testing, System testing, and End to end testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Validated Autosys batch schedule jobs which schedule PL/SQL, ETL jobs.
- Performed cross browser testing for this web application with Safari, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Mobile browsers (different versions).
- Validated various Microstrategy reports which are of tabular format, Crosstab format, ad hoc reports.
- Executed various Ab initio graphs through UNIX in the co-op environment.
- Coordinated with business analyst and business users to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Customized critical test cases for business user execution during the UAT.
- Created test case result document for all the testing.
- Assisted load testing team with functional scenarios of the final mortgage application.
- Validated XML files as part of system testing and compared the data with database.
- Identified defects in system testing, end to end testing, regression testing logged these defects using Rational ClearQuest with proper severity and priority and performed defect life cycle.
- Worked with automation team to develop automation regression testing framework and automation regression testing QTP scripts.
- Performed database testing using SQL queries with joins, unions, arithmetic and aggregate functions.
- Created test status reports, summary reports and communicated accurate progress to stakeholders.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10.0, Oracle 9i, Toad, Ab Initio, SQL, PL/SQL, Autosys, Windows XP, SQL Server 2008, Microstrategy, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Unix Scripts, Unix, Agile
ETL / Report / Backend tester / Data Migration
- Worked extensively with the business analyst to gather business requirements (functional and non-functional) in terms of SRS and facilitate technical meetings.
- Coordinated with the development team during the implementation phase.
- Tested the Integration points of the web portal system.
- Wrote SQL queries to pull data from the existing database for testing the web processing Suite.
- Validated various Informatica workflows according to Business requirement documents and Data mapping specifications.
- Wrote Test cases and Test scenarios for manual testing and Automation needs.
- Conducted data driven testing to conduct backend testing.
- Validated Cognos reports for the cosmetics and data presented on them.
- Executed ETL through Ab Initio.
- Coordinated with the UAT lead for conducting UAT testing, Integration, Black box testing.
- Various versions of the documents generated during the project were maintained and managed using Rational Clear Case.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the application.
- Defects, which would enhance the usability of the application, were logged using HP Quality Center.
- Created Test Traceability Matrix (TTM) rosters and UAT Test checklists for all the test cases.
Environment: SQL, Oracle 9i, Toad, PL/SQL, DB2, Windows XP, Java, Cognos, J2EE, Java Scripts, JSP, Ab Initio, MS VISIO, MS Excel, Word