- Successful background working with stakeholders to develop data - warehouse architecture framework including Big Data that aligns strategy, processes, and IT assets with business goals.
- Worked closely with project managers, developers, and focus groups to avoid redundancy, minimize expenditures, and improve overall synergy within organization.
- In-depth experience establishing best practices and guidelines for selecting, developing, and implementing data warehousing and data mining systems within enterprise.
- Acute knowledge of Big Data hardware, software, networking, applications, and systems engineering.
- Familiar with Big Data standard architectural concepts of Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA), and DHS Enterprise Architecture.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
Operating Systems: AIX, Linux, Solaris, HP UNIX, SGI
Programming: Python, C, C++, VC++, PERL, FORTRAN, Visual Basic, Java, Java Script, Pascal, BASIC
Systems: MS Office, MS Visio, Linux, XML, JSON
Databases: Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, MongoDB, HBASE, Confidential DB2 9.1, ORACLE 10g
Servers: IIS, Apache, NT 4.0, Windows 2000, MS SQL Server 2000
Others: Rational Suite, Tivoli, J2EE
Data Warehousing: Microstrategy, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise(OBIEE), Tableau, Cognos
ETL: Databricks, NiFi, Flume, ElasticSearch, Spark, Pentaho, FICO, ZoomData, Informatica Power Center and BigData Edition (BDE)
Source Control: Git, SVN, Perforce
Build Management: Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Monitoring and Log Management: Splunk
Hosting: AWS, HP Private Cloud, ServiceNow, Confidential BlueMix
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Solutions Architect Director, Big Data Analytics
- Designed and delivered Big Data solutions using Hadoop (Cloudera version)/Spark/Hive/HBASE/ElasticSearch meeting business needs of a large number of stakeholders in a very aggressive timeframe. Updated technical architecture as the requirements grew and successfully upgraded and scaled the platform several times.
- Designed a DR solution to AWS using S3, StreamSets, Spark, and RedShift. Led a POC development to demonstrate feasibility and performance.
- Managed delivery of over 50 data ingestion and reporting work streams to successfully implement the solution using Java, Hive, MapReduce and Spark on the Hadoop platform. Design and implemented data ingestion frameworks to pull data from different source systems such as Marklogic and Oracle.
- Evaluated and selected new Big Data technologies such as Pentaho, StreamSets, Databricks, Tableau and Cassandra. Led presentations for Client TRBs to add new technologies to the enterprise.
- Created presentations for clients and internal Confidential use Served as a client liaison for Confidential interacting with senior Confidential business and IT executives in an advisory role. Wrote whitepapers and created presentations to educate client personnel in effective use of the new technology.
- Led and Managed Technical Review Board (TRB) for ensuring compliance of new data streams to the existing Hadoop frameworks and guidelines. Over 50 different streams of data with thousands of ETL jobs running in parallel on Hadoop completing their work nightly. to educate and expand use of the Big Data system architecture. Contributed to other programs by either designing solutions or advising using RDBMS, Columnar and NOSQL databases. Also created POCs for demonstrating functionality.
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
Chief Architect, Data warehousing and Reporting
- Coordinate with architects and business experts across IS to translate key data warehousing/reporting strategic objectives into actionable and governable roadmaps and designs.
- Create future vision architecture to support Confidential ’s Reporting roadmap while meeting organization’s cost and risk reduction objectives.
- Outline current and future vision enterprise architecture, including traceability from business and IT strategies to suggested technologies.
- Analyze business and technology challenges, assess costs, and suggest solutions.
- Design and execute proofs-of-concept for critical enterprise capabilities, including building business case with costs, benefits, and efficiency measures.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on schedule, risks, defects, and design. Provided feedback and participated in various design reviews such as SRR, CDR and TRR.
Confidential, Fairlakes, VA
Enterprise Architect/Senior Manager, Data Warehousing
- Collaborated with key stakeholders and internal teams to define enterprise architecture principles, standards and guidelines, and blueprints for an SOA based PG&E Advanced Metering Initiative (AMI) to automate electric and gas metering data collection and monitoring.
- Developed, enhanced, and maintained reference architectures for various capabilities for the AMI solution. Solution consisted of a Metering Data Management (MDM) solution interfacing with the meters on the one end and the various corporate systems on the other.
- Translated PG&E business requirements into systems qualities and repeatable design strategies and patterns, such as adaptability, scalability, availability, and reusability.
- Assured enterprise application integration by selecting tools, specifying shared data and code resources, defining interfaces and data-flows, and monitoring progress.
- Performed design reviews across company and collected enterprise architecture performance metrics to assure continuous improvement.
- Conducted evolution planning for systems and technologies and maintained application life cycle inventory.
- Ensured development and in corporation of business architecture with other layers.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Enterprise Architect/Senior Manager
- Assisted senior Confidential, Confidential and Confidential architects in developing current and to-be systems architecture artifacts for Confidential -ICCE, Confidential -CC2001, and Confidential .gov.
- Helped analyze Confidential ’s legacy applications and systems to derive required business functions and rules from existing applications.
- Performed requirements definitions, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, lifecycle cost analysis and estimation, and governance for Confidential ’s CC2001 and DLA’s Integrated Development Environment (IDE) programs.
- Worked with 5-member team and project leaders to establish standards and guidelines for Confidential ’s Customer Communications 2001 (CC2001) program.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Designed, developed, and implemented mission critical server software for the $200 million Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS), Release 1.0 to allow delivery of the system on time, on budget
- Integrated new mission critical applications for the deployment of AWIPS 2.0
- Managed project teams in software development, resolving issues and building client relationships.
- Developed custom code for meteorological data collection. Led deployment of applications. Improved code re-usability and consistency. Optimized database access.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Senior Systems Engineer
- Develop real-time simulation models for German Nuclear Power Plants on a joint venture with SIEMENS.
- Engineered efficiency in software generation and data calculation through the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Developed code generator for automating real time software generation.
- Managed development of real time simulation models for business process outsourcer. Conducted design reviews.