- 7 + years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Deployment of technical solutions to business requirements.
- Extensively worked on Data Warehouse Full Life Cycle Projects for Health Care, Financial, Retail and Insurance industries.
- Well acquired on Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x Designer Tools (Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, and Transformation Developer), Workflow Manager Tools (Task Developer, Worklet and Workflow Designer) and Repository Manager & Admin console.
- Experience in using Oracle 11g for performing ETL functions using stored procedures.
- Extensive experience and exposure on several areas of the data warehousing and Business including requirements gathering, data warehouse architecture design, development, quality planning & assurance, data analysis and implementation.
- Working knowledge with Informatica CDC for daily loads.
- Excellent understanding of the System Development Life Cycle. Involved in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of various applications.
- Extracted data from various sources ranging from various RDBMS like Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata and Sybase, and Flat Files to load data into data marts and data warehouse.
- Expertise in working with TOAD for creation of Tables, Materialized views and normal views.
- Proficiency in working with PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, and triggers.
- Actively involved in Performance Tuning, maintaining Staging area, Backup and Recovery process, product support on various platforms.
- Effective implementations of change data capture using Power Exchange for daily loads.
- Performed data quality checks using data quality tools.
- Good experience working with large databases and performance tuning.
- Efficient in Optimizing, Debugging and testing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of Shell Scripting and job scheduling on platforms like UNIX.
- Able to interact effectively with other members of the Business, Quality Assurance, Users and other teams involved with the System Development Life cycle.
- Excellent analytical, functional, design and development skills with excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with the executives and perform independently as well as team environments.
- Worked closely with the business analyst's team in order to solve the Problem Tickets, Service Requests. Helped the 24/7 Production Support team.
- Resolving productions issues for any scheduled jobs failures and reporting issues to the concerned teams.
- Documenting the Cut over plans, Design documents and Run books for the Production support teams.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.X \9. X \8.X
Database: Oracle SQL, MS SQL
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, UNIX/Shell
Job Scheduling: Informatica Scheduler, Autosys, Tivoli, ESP
Database Tools: SQL Navigator, SQL Loader, TOAD
Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, HPSM
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2003/2000, UNIX/Linux
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Senior ETL Developer
- Created complex mappings in Powercenter Designer that can also be reusable, consisting of transformations such as Expression, Filter, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, and Stored procedures.
- Developed mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformation required, bulk loading routines, business rules, target tables, columns and data types.
- Created various workflows and tasks, while configuring them with various tools such as Email Task and Scheduler, as per the functional specifications/communication.
- Performed Testing, Debugging, Validation and Performance Tuning of Data Warehouse to develop optimum solutions for data warehouse deliverables.
- Used the Debugger to run Debug sessions and set up breakpoints across mapping sessions to verify the accuracy of data to find data effects during production issues.
- Work with ETL Admin team to migrate the objects from the development environment to the production environment following the change management process.
- Work with UNIX / DBA teams related to OS and database related issues.
- Applied enhancements to Fact tables, Dimension Tables, and Control status tables that were needed as part of data loading requirements.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, SQL server, Oracle 11g, MS SQL server 2008, Unix, AutoSys scheduler
Informatica/ ETL Developer
- Involved in Business Requirements analysis and design, and preparation of technical design documents.
- Developed technical design specifications to load the data into the data mart tables conforming to the business rules.
- Used Erwin for Logical and Physical database modeling of the staging tables.
- Involved in design and development of complex ETL mappings and stored procedures in an optimized manner.
- Developed complex Informatica mappings to load the data from various sources using different transformations, such as Source Qualifier, Connected and Unconnected Lookup, Update Strategy, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Filter, Normalizer, Rank and Router.
- Cleansed the source data, extracted and transformed data with business rules, and built reusable components such as Mapplets, Reusable transformations and sessions, Worklets, etc.
- Developed workflow tasks like reusable Email, Event wait, Timer, Command, Decision.
- Migrated data from Oracle to DB2 database.
- DB2 Performance tuning of both system and database management of DB and DBM configuration.
- Analyzing queries, both Adhoc and Online, and providing trace and log analysis.
- Worked with DB2 Explain, Run stats, REORG and other ONLINE and Offline utilities.
- Implemented partitioning and bulk loads for loading large volume of data.
- Implemented weekly error tracking and correction process using Informatica.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6/9.0.1, Teradata, Oracle 10g, DB2 9.0, Windows 7, PL/SQL, Flat files, MS SQL Server 2008, MS - Access
- Studied the existing OLTP system(s) and Created Star Schema designs using Data warehouse concepts, such as Fact Tables and Dimension Tables, in the Data Mart.
- Created Entity Relationship diagrams, Function Relationship diagrams, Data flow diagrams and enforced all referential integrity constraints.
- Created SQL tables with referential integrity and developed queries using SQL.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings based on the business requirements.
- Involved in extraction of data from various sources like Flat files, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Created complex mappings involving Filter, Router, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, Sequence generator, Joiner, and Aggregator transformations.
- Used Lookup Transformation to access data from tables and to improve performance of the sessions.
- Validate the data in the target tables once it was loaded.
- Used Performance Tuning strategies to fine - tune existing mappings for performance optimization.
- Worked on bug fixes on existing mappings to produce correct output.
- Scheduling and running the workflows, and monitoring them regularly.
- Involved in writing complex queries for generating different reports as per client needs.
- Designed and developed several ETL scripts using Informatica, UNIX shell scripts.
- Documented ETL development standards as per client requirement.
- Used PMCMD command to automate the Power Center sessions and workflows through UNIX.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.3, Teradata, DB2, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Shell Scripts, UNIX (AIX), Erwin.