- Data Warehouse ArchitectData Warehouse and ETL Engineering BI Integration Multi - OS Environment
- Accomplished Data Warehouse and BI Professional offering more that fifteen years key experience.
- Practiced in successful development and management of business critical information systems, Data Warehouse/Mart Architecture and Design, Data Architecture, Business Intelligence Integration, Extraction/Transformation/Load (ETL) techniques on multiple database platforms and operating system environments, Computer Programming and Scripting, IT Security and System Administration.
- Highly personable and self-motivated professional with the versatility to work among diverse groups and handle complex problems effectively.
- Highly experienced database and data warehouse architect with intense experience within diverse, fast-paced environments.
- Large Scale Databases and Data Warehouse Engineering
- ETL, OLAP Cubes and Business Intelligence
- Best Practices Implementation
- Change Management and Analysis
- Technology Personnel and Asset Management
- Disaster Recovery and Contingency Planning
Areas of Expertise: Data Warehouse, Data Marts, ODS, ETL, Database Design, Complex SQL Scripting
RDBMS: SQL Server 7/2000/2005/2008 R2/2012/2016, Oracle 8/9/10/12, MS Access
Database/BI Tools: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, Business Objects (5 - XIR3), Dundas, ERWin Data Modeler, TOAD, SQL Developer (Oracle), AQT, MS Profiler, Quest Spotlight / Foglight, Tableau
Programming Languages/Tools: MDX, Visual Basic, PL-SQL, Confidential -SQL, SQL*Plus, C/C++, Cobol, XML, VBScript, Jscript, HTML, Java, VB.NET, CSS, ASP.NET, Visual Source Safe, Visual Studio
Application Package: Sungard Banner, Confidential, Amdocs, InterVoice, Autonomy, Virtuoso, Oryx, Surepay, SAP
Data Warehouse Specialist
- In charge of the architectural design and implementation of the Confidential . This project started after I developed an ODS that is use to hold and standardize billing information from 11 billing systems in the company (and we keep adding more with each acquisition).
- Implement a multilayer/steps plan to achieve the Confidential goal. The layers are: the ODS, multiple Data Marts (integrated with conformed dimensions), and the BI layer.
- Lead designer for all database models and ETL strategies
- Technical mentoring to all database developers on the team. We gather requirements, create project plans, and develop all designs and code related to the Confidential and the ETL process.
- Design multiple SSAS Cubes to support all the data analysis for Sales, Finance, Commissions, Business Units, Products, DSO and Human Capital among others.
- Use SSIS as the ETL tool. The ETLs use a very complex extraction and transformation scripting processes as well as built-in transformation available in the tool.
- Implemented the usage of Excel to interact with Cubes with great success. The reports use a combination of pivot table, cube functions and MDX. This allows power users to do their own analysis without my team to mediate.
- Use SSRS as the main reporting tool. We provide a variety of canned reports for recurring data needs and we develop several reporting models that allows Ad hoc reporting against the Data Marts and the ODS.
- Tableau is our official Dashboard tool. We still use Excel for some of the dashboards because of the flexibility and powerful OLAP integration that offers the tool.
- Methodology use for the design of the Confidential is a combination between Kimball and Inmon. ODS databases use a semi-normalize (not 3F) structure and the data marts use dimensional modeling (Type 1/Type 2 dimensions).
- All the data marts were designed with a start schema.
- Technology used for the Confidential is mostly Microsoft BI Stack.
Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Architect
- Lead architect for the VP of Operations’ Data Warehouse Project (Marketing, Sales and Customer Care) and Lead designer for the ETL (SSIS), and eventually in charge of the architectural design of the Confidential
- Used SMEs to gathered requirement from all different functional areas that will be part of the data warehouse initiative and to define project scope and timeframe.
- Define data models for the data warehouse/data marts; translated business requirements into dimensional data model that support the billing/invoice Systems.
- Designed and developed SSAS Cubes, Business Objects Universe, Dashboards, Scorecards and Ad hoc reports for all levels of management in the company.
- Developed a variety of Oracle procedures/packages that serve as a bridge between the main ETL processes (SSIS) and some Oracle sources. All this processes were managed from a Unix environment using Korn Shell scripting.
- Design and develop the new reporting repository database (CDR/EDR database) for the Prepaid Platform Surepay.
- Develop processes to extract PrePaid (Oryx/Surepay) information and generate reports based on business needs. All extraction scripts are a combination of ASG, Batch, VB scripting and SSIS. All this processes were part of the Confidential a later point.
- When Confidential & Confidential acquires Centennial, I was in charge of the design and development of a data repository and all reporting that were used as the primary source of information when both companies merged. Most of the information comes from the Confidential .
Databases and Technology Manager
- DBA for 5 Sql Servers that integrate traditional relational data and Full-Text engines.
- Coming up with custom-tailored backup/restore and disaster recovery plans for production servers.
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures.
- Implementing and administering database replication\redundancy\fail over between SQL Server databases as well as dissimilar databases.
- Upgrading and upsizing databases from earlier versions to the latest versions.
- In charge of the supervision of the Technology Department Team.
- Bring technology support to 4 countries (Puerto Rico, Chile, Venezuela and Argentina).
- In charge of the infrastructure implementation for the company’s new search engine system Autonomy and support up to 8,000 client accounts in the company.
- Ensure the 24x7 data availability for the 4 countries Web Sites and Databases.
- Manage and administer a technology infrastructure that is made up of 10 application servers, 5 Sql database servers, 2 search engine servers, 3 firewalls, 2 routers, 3 switches and 2 T1 lines.
Senior Data Warehouse and BI Consultant
- Administer the Post-Paid (Amdocs) and Pre-Paid (InterVoice) report databases (Oracle 8).
- Administer the Marketing Data Warehouse (Oracle 9i) to ensure data integrity for the Business Intelligence applications and Ad- hoc Reports.
- Coordinate with the project manager the migration from the actual Business Intelligence application (Microstrategy) to Cognos.
- Revised, standardized and prepared new Standard Operation Procedures for the utilization of the existing Marketing Data Warehouse.
- Revised and modified the existing report packages and marketing campaigns to fixed and ensure the data extracted is accurate and correct.
- Develop of new report packages for churn analysis and projection, month closing overview and Pre-Paid and Post-Paid databases reconciliation.
- Prepare and coordinate all Marketing campaigns in a weekly and monthly basis for Customer Migration, Inactivity Campaigns, Welcome Calls and SMS between others.
- Architecture and design a Data Warehouse from AS/400 (primary), Excel and Access databases.
- Convert all Confidential (running on AS/400) queries into Confidential -SQL scripts.
- Developed several ETL packages for the data warehouse using SQL Server 2000 DTS .
- Administer the Data Warehouse (DBA role) in areas like security, maintenance, updates, table-spacing, backup, etc.
- Manage the project to implement a Business Intelligence solution (BusinessObjects 6) for the different business units and departments.
- Data modeling, universe setup, security and development of all OLAP reports using Business Objects.
- Generate 72 reports for areas like Finance, Sales, Supply Chain, Six Sigma, Customer Service, Credit and Accounting.
- Implemented and Administer InfoView repositories and Web publication of BusinessObjects reports and documents through IIS Services.
- Used programming and analytical tools such as Query Analyzer, Toad from SQL Server, and OLE-ODBC .
- Prepared all documentation and training related to Data Warehouse design, schema, naming convention and DTS packages. Also the BusinessObjects Security, Universes design and Freehand SQL report scripting documentation.
- Analyze, optimize and normalized the Oracle 9i database design for the Information Protection Program (IPP) PR Region Web Application.
- Define roles, users, default profiles and security schema in the database.
- Verify and recommend changes to the application data layer.
- Develop the database reverse engineering processes to create the deployment package for the application.
Financial IT Specialist/Manager
- Creation of financial reports utilizing data mining techniques (PL/Sql, Business Objects, Monarch) to extract information not available in SCT Banner built-in reports.
- Develop user interface forms to interact with the Oracle Database (Oracle Forms)
- Create and modified SCT Banner reports using Pro*C/C, Cobol and Oracle Reports to accomplish specific user needs.
- Fixed critical security issues that were identified in past audits by implementing all Unix scripts through the SCT Banner Job Submission interface (using Pro*C/C and PL/SQL).
- Develop different kinds of Unix Shells and PL/Sql|Sql*plus scripts to automate the office workflow in an Oracle 9i/Unix environment.
- Develop and implement SOP’s and policies related to the usage of SCT Banner Financial module.
- Recommend and approve all Information Technology equipment requirements for the Finance Vice presidency.
- Implement and Administer a Windows 2003 File Server to store all vital financial information and develop a daily/monthly back-up plan.