- Solution oriented engineer with excellent analytical skills. Experienced in Big Data solutions, Analytics and NoSQL platforms. Has over 20+ years of experience in Data warehousing, Business Intelligence and ELT/ETL. Possess strong leadership and program management skills.
- Expert in translating business requirements to optimal solutions.
- Exposed to Big Data, MPP technologies, Cloud, Web and various other technologies.
Database: Greenplum MPP, Impala, Hive, Couchbase DBA, NOSQL, Oracle, Netezza and various other DB’s. Expert in SQL, PL/SQL, PL/pgSQL, Performance tuning, etc.
Big Data: HDFS, Impala, Hive, Greenplum to/from HDFS custom backup and restore, Hadoop eco system familiarity.
ELT/ETL: Informatica as well as custom data load jobs using SQL, PL/SQL, PLPGSQL, Perl and Unix shell scripts.
BI/Reporting tools: OBIEE, Business Objects, Birst, Oracle Application Express (Apex).
Multiple programming and scripting languages including: sh, Perl, java and Python
Oracle Database 10g: SQL and PL/SQL New Features Ed 1by Oracle University
System (Hardware & OS): and Networking management and Administration Web related technologies
Confidential, San Diego, GE
Senior Solutions Architect
- Level 3 support for Greenplum MPP. Help Infrastructure support team (Level 1) and Applications support team (Level 2) when issues bubble up.
- Support SQL on Cloudera Hadoop (Impala and Hive) specifically for performance related issues. Command Line and GUI Interface for Impala, Hive and other tools.
- Assist audit team in security compliance for the Data warehouse. Achieve goal of Authentication and Authorization based on LDAP role/user id. Custom application was by project managers to add roles and the groups to which they have access. Another application would synch the role/permission change to the database. Encryption between client and server was tested. Products were tried for encryption at rest and the performance impact measured. Kereboros was used on Hadoop side.
- Couchbase DBA, N1SQL, Replication, Scaling (MDS) and more: Trainings from Couchbase and short stint as DBA at Marriott.
- Support LDAP authentication to greenplum. Used kereberos credentials with kinit for Hadoop products.
- Custom script based Greenplum Database backup/restore directly to/from Hadoop as DB server often did not have space for backup.
- Real Estate application ETL design, develop and support. Jobs scheduled via control - M.
- Support custom user on boarding to Greenplum application.
- Supported Audit team to establish guideline and implement them.
- Supported different Lines of business with their Greenplum design, development, usage and best practices.
- DBA and script to back up and restore on DR server over WAN.
- ETL/SQL Code generator based on parameters stored in table.
Senior Solutions Architect
- Consulting in the field of Big Data, Analytics, NoSQL, Data warehousing, MPP, Data Integration/ETL/ELT, Business Intelligence and related technologies.
- Installing Software only Greenplum into a cluster of virtual machines running CentOS 5.7 in different configurations of single node, f2 segment nodes and 4 segments.
- Ensuring readiness at Linux level for the Greenplum install
- Installed Greenplum performance monitor, connectivity (ODBC and JDBC), Loader (gpload,gpfdist) and client (psql) packages
- Shell and SQL scripts to run data loads and queries to capture performance metrics
- Migrated tables and data from Oracle 10.2 to Greenplum
- OBIEE connectivity and Informatica 9.x Connector were tested
- Used Birst for Data Modeling, ETL, Dashboard and other reporting. Birst is a SaaS based BI solution delivered on the cloud.
- Created new dashboards and moved all KPI reports from Excel to Birst.
- Reconcile differences between Accounting numbers and BI numbers.
- Production support/Troubleshooting of Birst issues
- Adhoc requests from users were catered to.
- Reverse Engineered Data Model from SQL code as Keys were not present in DB and engineered into Wherescape (Greenplum does not enforce keys and hence the keys had not been created). DDL’s were generated, modified and applied to MySQL DB. MySQL Workbench was used to generate the ER Models
- Project involved migrating DB from DB2 to Greenplum.
- The Data warehouse in DB2 z/os was to be replicated in Greenplum appliance.
- Involved Perl scripting to convert EBCDIC fixed width data to ASCII delimited including uncompressing packed decimal.
- Change Data Capture (CDC) implemented. INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE records were captured by CA Log Analyzer on DB2 for select large tables.
- EBCDIC to ASCII conversion was done and latest version of the record for a given key was applied.
- Wrote scripts to generate scripts using arguments and metadata or DDL in file.
- Shell scripts and functions using PL/pgSQL were developed. The PL/pgSQL functions took schema name and table name as arguments using which SQLs were generated using its metadata of columns and data types.
- External tables and gpfdist was used for fast parallel loading.
- Windows tools were used to extract DDL and apply them in Greenplum.
Confidential, Brisbane, CA
DWH & BI Architect
- Transitioned to the nascent Canada track in Aug 2010 as the Data Warehouse (DWH) & Business Intelligence (BI) track technical lead (Architect) when the requirements were being gathered and the project was all in red. By Dec 2010, Development of 45 OBIEE reports of varying complexity accessing oracle DB was delivered to QA with development completing on time. Informatica was used to integrate data from various sources into the DWH in Oracle.GP Command Center integration
- Guide the System Integration partners in Design, Development and perform code reviews. Implementation and production support on an ongoing basis was provided after project went live in May 2011. Production OBIEE servers were maintained by a central team hosting merged RPD’s and Dashboards of multiple tenants. Had to integrate with the processes and timelines to move what was developed in local dev and QA’ed locally to central qa and subsequently production environment.
- Work with several teams from Engineering tracks like Yantra Order Management fulfillment system, ATG eStore order placement systems, ATG CSC customer management system, Fatwire Content management system and external data integrated via a combination of Informatica and TIBCO for source data.
- Worked with Product team for requirements, multiple Project teams for meeting plan dates and inter team coordination and System, Security, Networking teams for Infrastructure related issues.
- 5 years of experience meeting the Data warehousing and BI requirements of Confidential US track.
- Lead the Market Place initiative from DWH & BI track apart from several other key projects.
- Train, Guide and monitor work of System Integrator partner.
- Extensive direct interaction with business users to ascertain requirements, suggest options over and above requested. Also interacted with product managers (Business Analyst).
- DWH was originally on oracle with custom PL/SQL and shell scripts for ETL. Evaluated options of continuing with Oracle versus migrating to Teradata or Netezza. Netezza was chosen as the DWH DB and ETL tool Informatica was brought in.
- Hands on development in PL/SQL, SQL, Informatica, Business Objects, unix scripting etc.
Confidential, Concord, CA
- Develop, Tune and Test Referrals and Business Banking sales Projects. PL/SQL programs were written to ETL data from Production database to Data warehouse database.
- SQL, SQL* LOADER, DDL, sh scripts used extensively.
- Environment: Oracle 9.2, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, HP UX, Quest SQL Navigator, perl, sh.
- Performance tuning, Bug fixing. Executing monthly runs.
- Support Cross Sell, High Value Customers and Segmentation project
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Converted Settlement day based Accounting to Trade Day based accounting.
- Environment: Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.9.2, SQL Server 6.5, Perl5, Sun Solaris 7, MS Access, Win NT and trained Level I Server Administrators
- Maintained and Enhanced GL interface which involved the mapping of accounts in one system to that in another (ADP to Computron).
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented the applications and table structures.
- The Securities trading data is loaded each day by ADP and the interface posts it to the Profit and Loss Accounts and Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Wrote code and tested extensively to in corporate multiple feeds for the day's trade that didn’t make it to ADP
- The people finder application received personnel information from multiple sources and merged them together in SQL Server database on an NT system.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
- Environment: HP - UX 10.2, Informix 7.23, C++ Applications, sh, perl..
- Production support of 24X7 online applications
- Involved troubleshooting and bringing the application back up immediately if it goes down.
- Authorization (of requests from point of Sale terminals) and Capture (for settlement to merchants and between banks) applications were supported.
- Installed new and patch releases into production.
- Developed and implemented monitoring and reporting scripts.