ETL Tools & Methodology: DataStage ( Server and PX), Talend, SAS, Repository Manager, Server Manager, Dimensional Modeling, Data Staging, Data Cleansing, Auditing, Planning, Complex Mapping, Transformations, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Scheduling Sessions, Scheduling Batch Process, Polling Sessions, Performance Tuning.
BI: Tableau, Business Objects, SSRS, Proclarity, MicroStrategy, Cognos
ERP: Peoplesoft (EPM, SCM), SAP ( BW, CRM, FI/CO), Oracle 11i, Baan
Operating Systems: UNIX(SunOS/Solaris), DOS, Windows, Mac OS, OS/2, QNX
Programming: Unix Scripting, C++, Java, VB, Perl, Basic, ABAP, SAS, Turing, Assembly (DLX)
Database: Netezza, Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Server
HealthCare Technologies: IBM Healthcare Data Warehouse, Joint Commission Core Measures, Epic ClarityInvision, Epsi, Allscripts, Premier, RL6
Admin Data Warehouse III / ETL Lead
Confidential, Arlington, Texas
- Prepare technical requirements documents and ETL and BI design documents.
- Designed Logical and Physical Data Models of a Data Warehouse projects that provides critical health care Quality Measures to THR’s leadership.
- Designed and implemented ETL jobs that extract Joint Commission Core Measures and load into a dimensional Data Warehouse.
- Designed and implemented ETL jobs that extract health care data from Confidential Systems, and load into the latest IBM Health Care Provider Data Warehouse, an normalized industry Data Warehouse model for hospitals and health care providers.
- Prepared infrastructure diagrams for all THR’s legacy and current Data Warehouse projects.
- Design and Implement BI reports using Tableau. Converted BI reports from Cognos into Tableau.
- Assisted in the design of Cognos BI reports.
- Replaced legacy ETL processes with IBM Datastage.
- Participated in a Database Migration project that convert Data Warehouse Projects from DB2 and Oracle to Netezza.
- Interviewed and evaluated job candidates for Data Architect, ETL and BI positions.
Environment: IBM Inforsphere Server Suite ( Including Datastage, Qualitystage, Metadata Workbench, Business Glossary, Information Analyzer and FaskTrack ), IBM IDA, IBM HealthCare Provider Data Warehouse, IBM Smart Analytics System 7700, IBM DB2, Netezza, Oracle 10g and 11g, MS SQL Server, Tableau, Cognos 10, Epic Clarity, Invision, Epsi, Premier, SAS Data Warehouse, Sagent.
Senior Systems Analyst
Confidential, Irving, Texas
- Prepared Statement of Work, Project Plans, IT Security and Risk Analysis documents.
- Coordinated with ERP owners and prepared Data Extract Specifications for more than 10 ERP systems.
- Designed and created conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Designed and implemented ETL jobs in Datastage ( both Server version an PX ) that extract bookings, shipments, logistics, items, billing information, suppliers and customers from Oracle 11i, SAP, Baan, GEMS and Great Plains.
- Collected requirements from end users and business analysts; designed and developed BI reports.
- Interviewed, selected, trained and evaluated ETL and BI developers.
- Performed day to day project coordination with off - shore developers.
- Estimated work efforts, hardware, software and license costs involved in Data Warehouse projects.
- Managed and installed IBM DataStage Enterprise Edition 7.5.1 on Redhat Linux, managed migration of ETL jobs from IBM AIX to Redhat Linux environment.
- Migrate ETL jobs from IBM Datastage to Talend.
- Design and implemented ETL jobs in Talend.
Environment: Datastage Enterprise (including PX and QualityStage), Talend, AIX, Redhat Linux, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, OBIEE, Crystal Enterprise, Hyperion, Discoverer,, ERwin, Oracle 11i, SAP, Baan, GEMS and Great Plains.
Confidential, Austin, Texas
- Designed and implemented shell scripts that automatically generate PX metadata schemas based on Teradata table definitions.
- Designed and implemented generic ETL jobs that extract multiple source data and load into staging tables.
- Designed and implemented generic ETL jobs that load multiple fact tables based on different given job parameters.
- Designed and implemented ETL jobs that parse complex xml files in real-time.
- Designed and implemented dynamic SQL using Teradata BTEQ scripts.
- Assisted in the setup and configuration of a Teradata Data Warehouse.
Environment: Unix (Sun OS), Teradata, Oracle, Datastage 7.5 with PX, Cognos
Computer System Analyst
Confidential, Corning, New York
- Installed and configured ETL Jobs for Peoplesoft SCM and FI marts
- Tuned Ascential Datastage environment to improve performance.
- Established best-practices for enhancing the delivered marts such as extending dimensions, adding new dimensions to delivered facts, and creating new star-schemas
- Designed, built and tested new mappings to add data to the Peoplesoft EPM Warehouse.
- Rebuild ETL jobs based on existing Peoplesoft SQR script.
- Performed complex data analysis for asserting business rule compliance and verifying overall data accuracy.
- Created ad-hoc and management reports using Cognos ReportNet.
Environment: Windows Server, Oracle, Datastage 7.5, Peoplesoft ( SCM, FI and EPM 8.8 &8.9), Cognos and BO.
- Designed and implemented ETL jobs that extract daily data from Mainframe systems and load to DB2 based Data Warehouse.
- Designed and implemented ETL jobs that extract data from Mainframe based Accenture Insurance Solution System to SAP BW.
- Involved in the implementation of ETL job that builds a Customer Accounting Data Mart for reports in Business Objects.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Datastage Enterprise Edition( PX ).
- Mentoring junior developers.
Environment: Unix ( IBM AIX ), DB2, Datastage Enterprise ( PX ) 7.5, SAP BW and Business Objects.
Senior Software Engineer
Confidential, New York City
- Assisted in the assessment of the data requirements and identification of data sources and data gaps.
- Involved in the development of data model and data marts.
- Prepared Data Warehouse and ETL design documents, such as Slowly Change Dimensions, Surrogate Key Generation, ETL Template Jobs and Job Scheduling.
- Developed ETL jobs that collect detailed credit risk information and store it in the PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) system using Datastage and Datastage Parallel Extender.
- Involved in the design, implementation of a Data Warehouse that manages GM Powertrain’s Claims Analysis Reporting Database, Diagnostic Trouble Codes, Onstar data and Techline Information System
- Involved in the implementation of Datastage TX ( Mercator ) jobs that parse complex hierarchical binary files.
- Extracted, transformed and load data from various GM information systems into data warehouse using Ascential Datastage 7.1..
- Designed and Implemented ETL jobs using Datastage Parallel Extender to process 3 billion GM Vehicle Regular Production Options, 2 billion Vehicle Components and 300 million claims.
- Assisted in the Implementation of Datastage TX ( Mercator ) jobs that parse complex hierarchical binary files.
- Implemented Unix shell scripts to schedule Datstage and Mercator jobs.
- Translated SAS code into Datastage functions.
- Installed Ascential Datastage, Datastage TX, and Parallel Extender on Sun OS.
- Managed Datastage projects and accounts for both BearingPoint and EDS developers.
- Designed and implemented Relational Database in Oracle 9i.
- Assisted in the implementation of Data Sharing Agreements with GM and EDS.
Environment: Unix (SunOS 5.8), Windows 2000, Datastage 7.1 & 7.1.R1 with Parallel Extender, Datastrage TX ( Mercator ), Oracle 9i, Microstrategy and SAS.
- Involved in project requirement analysis and system design for clients ( Bell Canada ).
- Built database connections to Oracle, Sybase and MS SQL Server.
- Involved in various Transformations such as Aggregate, Expression, Look up, Update Strategy, Filter, router, Stored Procedure etc.
- Assisted in the creation of various data models such as star-schema, snow flaks for the Data Warehouse.
- Implemented PL/SQL functions for performance improvement.
- Responsible for creating various reports using MicroStrategy and Crystal Report.
Environment: Unix (Sun OS), Windows 2000, Datastage 6.0, Oracle 9i, MS SQLServer 7, DB2, Sybase 11.9, and XML
Confidential, San Jose, California
- Assisted in the implementation of a COM server to enable the retrieval of maps and ATS(a C++ based real-time software component) vehicle information by multiple clients.
- Developed and tested a stream socket server software, which received information from clients through TCP/IP, and invoked COM calls to retrieve vehicle GPS information.
- Developed an ActiveX control software package, which enhanced web-based vehicle monitoring solution.
Software Programmer Analyst
- Designed, implemented and tested Viewing Application, a C++ based software component, which provided reports and visual displays of transport statistics on high speed image capture devices.
- Assisted in the implementation of a new remote control feature of Confidential ’s Windows Integrated Services for Item Processing ( Confidential ), a common transport control software that simplified the process of developing item processing applications.
- Using MS Visual C++ and MS Visual Basic.