- Over 8 years of experience as a Hyperion Consultant, extensive hands on technical experience in many aspects of Data Warehouse and OLAP software systems design and implementation.
- Implemented Hyperion Planning Projects in version 11.x/9.x and migration project from 9.3.1 to 220.127.116.11and having strong knowledge of entire SDLC process.
- Worked on implementations related to Workforce, Capital Expense Planning applications, Public Sector Planning. Extensive knowledge of OOTB (Out of the box) functionality of all the modules.
- Extensive experience in the Implementation, development, design, analysis and implementation of various applications using Essbase 11.x/9.x, interactive reporting 11.x/9.x, Hyperion strategic finance, Hyperion Data integration management (DIM), Hyperion Workforce Planning, Hyperion Capital Expenditure Planning, Hyperion public sector planning, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Essbase Integration Services, Hyperion Essbase Studio, HAL, Hyperion web Analysis, Hyperion financial Reports, Essbase Spreadsheet Add - In, Hyperion Visual Explorer, Hyperion Smart View.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Hyperion EPM 11.1.2 version on windows/Unix environments including ETL Tools Oracle Data Integrator and DIM.
- Installed and Configured Oracle Data Integrator on windows and Unix Servers. Configured master and work repositories created agents, context.
- Strong knowledge of architecture of EPM 11.1.2 and oracle data integrator.
- Created ODI Interfaces to update Hyperion Planning/Essbase Metadata and to import Essbase Data and to export data from Hyperion Essbase to File System and relational databases.
- Proficient in Data Modeling Techniques using Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimension tables, RDBMS, and Physical and Logical data modeling for Data Warehousing and Data Mart.
- Developed EPMA as well as Classic planning application with Workforce and Capital expenses modules included.
- Worked on various data sources such as PeopleSoft, Teradata, Oracle, SAP, and loaded data by using various file formatssuch as text, excel xml etc.
- Good knowledge of understanding SDLC process in using Life cycle management utility.
- Expertise in Calc Scripts, MaxL Scripts, MDXscripts in BSO and ASO cubes. Strong experience in writing custom Essbase Calculations Scripts and complex business rules
- Experience in automation of planning and Essbase dimension build and data load.
- Extensive experience in testing the ETL, Business Intelligence, Client/Server, and Web application.
- Possess a broad understanding of database calculations such as formulas on dimension members, order of calculations in terms of dense and sparse dimensions, dynamic calculations, and developing calculation scripts.
- Able to effectively apply PL/SQL knowledge to retrieve, manipulate, and control data by creating efficient queries, functions, procedures, packages, and triggers.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the BI process to automate the process of running ad-hoc queries and reports.
- Developed complex dashboards and reports using interactive reporting studio.
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills with an aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Solid time management and multitasking skills, which help in conducting project meetings, reviews, walkthroughs, and customer interviews and user trainings as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a team-player with a results-oriented attitude
OLAP Tools: Hyperion Essbase 11.x/9.x/7.x, Excel Add-In, Essbase Integration services 9.x/7.x, Essbase Studio 11.x, ESSCMD, Maxl, Essbase administration services 11.x/9.x/7.x, Hyperion Enterprise performance suite 11.x, Hyperion Interactive Reporting 11.x/9.x/8.x.
GUI: Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, TOAD, Application Manager, SQL Developer
Business Intelligence Tools: Hyperion Planning 11.x/9.x, Hyperion Financial Management Suite (HFM) 11.x/9.x, OBIEE 11g/10g
Reporting Tools: Hyperion BI+ (Web Analysis 9.x, Financial Reporting 11.x/9.x) Hyperion Reports 7.x/9.x,Hyperion Analyzer 7.x, Hyperion Excel Add-in, OBIEE 10g/11g, Smart View.
Scripting: Unix shell, Maxl, PERL, ESSCMD,Calc Scripts, Business Rules, MDX.
ETL Tools: Informatica 8.x,6.x,7.x, Data Integration Manager
Dimensional Modeling: Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Physical and logical data modeling
Programming Languages: PL/SQL, C, C++, JAVA, HTML, DHTML, XML
Databases: Essbase, Oracle 11i/10g/9i,SQL SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, DB2, Netezza, Sybase 12.5
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX, WINDOWS 98/2000/2008/2012/ NT 4.0/XP
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. HyperionEssbase/Planning Developer/AdminResponsibilities:
- Team Lead for a team of six Developers who worked on an on-site & off-shore model.
- Worked with Subject matter experts (SME) and business analysts to gather the business requirements and went through the company chart of accounts to understand the accounting process.
- Provided 24/7 supportto make sure the application is up and running according to the SLA.
- Developed ASO and BSO cubes using Hyperion Essbase 11.1.2
- Crated Control-M jobs to automate the metadata and data updates for Hyperion Essbase and used Planning utilities to perform the rebuild operations.
- Designed and created various P/L statements and Balance Sheets for different departments using Hyperion Financial Reporting.
- Developed complex Hyperion Business Rules with run time Prompts and substitution variables.
- Worked on various simple and composite web forms in Hyperion Planning application.
- Created batch scripts using MaxL to automate Essbase application refresh process (dimension building, data loading, data exports and calc scripts).
- Embedded Menu, smart list in Hyperion Planning Web forms. Created Data validation rules in web forms to make sure user value would equal to a GL account.
- Created the BSO and ASO cubes in Essbase and Designed Aggregate storage cubes (ASO) to increase performance.
- Migrated Applications from 18.104.22.168 to 11.1.2 and Deployed in Prod region using Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- Involved in optimizing the ASO calc using Query tracking
- Created Sequences and placed the Hyperion Business Rules in the sequences as per client requirements and assigned security to Business Rules.
- Involved in designing and creating Multidimensional database cubes for financial and analytical business queries.
- Created and executed complex calculation scripts for calculations and MaxL scripts for automation.
- Involved in Automation of Hyperion Financial reports to run in web and pdf formats and send as attachments to people across the business.
- Administering security, user creation with Native and External Authentication, Filters, dimension level security and Groups.
- Provided database optimization with Dimension building, Data loading, Indexing, Calculations, and Cache management.
- Optimized the cubes memory by changing Dense/Sparse configuration.
- Executed performance tuning and optimization of both the data retrieval and data loading scenarios.
Environment: Hyperion Planning 11.1.2, Essbase 11.1.2, Hyperion Financial Reporting, EIS-Integration services 11.1.2, Essbase Studio 11.1.2, Hyperion smart view, PeopleSoft, MS Excel Add-in, WINDOWS 2012 Server, Batch Scripting, MaxL Scripting, VB Scripting, Control-M, BMC Remedy.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
Sr. Hyperion ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle which Required gathering, Development, Testing, and Production
- Developed multi-dimensional database (MDDB) application using Hyperion that stored and maintained company's financial and marketing data for trend analysis and reporting.
- Imported data from different data sources including OLTP database, excel and text files, created rule files and built dimensions and loaded data using Load Rules files.
- Integrated various source system Oracle GL, Oracle HR and capital expenditure sources to Hyperion Planning using ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) by creating and complex Interfaces.
- Created complex ETL on Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) to meet the end user data requirements.
- Created and maintained Rule files, Report Scripts and Calc Scripts. Used Control-M automation software for batch scheduling.
- Wrote batch scripts and scheduled them automatically to run ESSCMDS to take regular backups.
- Restructured cubes in Essbase outlines in order to optimize performance and calculations. Used incremental and complete backup methods to backup all the applications and databases.
- Used Hyperion Planning to develop Web Forms, Menu, Task Lists, and User Variables based on the Functional and Technical Requirements requested by the business.
- Managed Metadata and Security using Web based Planning and applied Security to the members of the following dimensions: Account, Scenario, Entity, Product, and Version.
- Developed complex Business rules in various Applications using complex functions.
- Used Essbase Administration activities such as filter creation, creation of users, and creation of groups and maintenance of Essbase Servers.
- Managed security across all Hyperion modules using shared services.
- Used Life Cycle Management Utility for migration purposes from one environment to other. Extensively worked with Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Analyzer and Essbase Excel Add-ins.
- Designed and implemented standard reports using excel pivoting and chart utilities.
- Optimized the applications to bring down the runtime and database size considerably.
- Created Transparent Partition for users to share data and outlines that are synchronized on multiple databases to provide users with certain updates on data values.
Environment: Hyperion Essbase 22.214.171.124/9.3.1, Hyperion planning 126.96.36.199/9.3.1, Essbase Integration services, Hyperion Interactive Reports, Hyperion Web analyzer, Financial Reporting Studio 11, Hyperion Utilities, MaxL, MDX, ODI, EAS administrative services, DB2, Smart View, MS excel Spreadsheet Add-In, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, Bothell, WA
- Involved in Installation and Configuration of Hyperion system consisting of Planning, Essbase and Financial Reporting Studio, Shared services and Workspace.
- Used Classic administration and EPMA environment to create planning cubes with dimension library, application library by importing GL information from ETL processed data mart.
- Developed and created Web forms for users to input the data into ESSBASE cube through Hyperion Planning.
- Created Applications, including the use of Workforce and Capex plan types.
- Designed and developed new Essbase cubes for corporate reporting framework using Aggregate storage (ASO) and Block storage (BSO).
- Involved in the development of calc scripts, rules files for loading budget and actual data to the Essbase cube.
- Provided the user provisioning by configuring user active directories to Shared services and creating groups, assigning roles and then adding users to the groups.
- Used MaxL in an interactive and batch mode to load data files and automate Essbase operations.
- Developed and maintained rules files, calc scripts, MaxL scripts and reports.
- Optimized the cubes performance by changing Dense/Sparse configuration.
- Created and scheduled batch jobs for complete automation processes for application refresh and backup.
- Developed batch scripts to automate the process of taking backups of the planning application, Essbase database, shared services and reports on a nightly basis using the Life cycle management command line utility.
- Performed migrations between the Production, QA and Dev environments using the Life Cycle Management utility integrated in the shared services console provided in 188.8.131.52 version.
- Developed HBR (Hyperion Business Rules) with Run-Time Prompts for realizing various business functionalities like creating a project, enter the planned amount for the project and consolidating to the upper level of the hierarchy.
- Involved in the development of various variance reports and regional reports using the Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio and adhoc reports using Smart view.
- Involved in the automation of nightly backups, extraction of data and loading data.
- Responsible for monthly maintenance of the hierarchy by loading the hierarchy using the outline load utility, maintenance of the application in sync across various environments by migrating the artifacts using LCM utility, production support thereby troubleshooting user issues.
Environment: Hyperion Essbase184.108.40.206, Hyperion planning 220.127.116.11, Hyperion Financial reports 18.104.22.168, Smart view, Essbase Spreadsheet add in, Oracle Applications, Essbase Administrative Services, Hyperion Shared Services, Hyperion Workspace 11.1.x, and Windows 2003.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Installation and configuration of whole suite of Oracle EPMproducts including Hyperion Shared Services, Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Workspace, Hyperion Smart View and other related tools - in all environments.
- Provided support for Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Reports and other Hyperion Suite.
- Involved in research and resolving complex issues related to any Hyperion Suite.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex Hyperion System related Issues.
- Setup Disaster Recovery environment for Hyperion customer of Oracle.
- Providing all round DBA support to resolve DB, Application, Tech Stack outages on production, development, test and staging on demand Customer environments.
- Closely worked with System Administrator to resolve server related issue.
- Involved in Setting up application instances required to create all the different logical environments in the system development life cycle (DEV, TEST, UAT, and PROD) helped in assisting clients and provided remote assistance in implementation.
- Imported security profiles from Hyperion planning to Hyperion Essbase.
- Improved the Performance (Optimized the Planning, Essbase system) by changing the dimension order and working on configuration file including Cache design techniques.
- Migrated reports from development to Preproduction and then to production.
- Involved in Trouble shooting the Production issues in support to the Planning Applications and all databases (Production Support).
- Involved in Automating data load process with MaxL scripts and scheduled to run Calc scripts after every data load.
- Researched and reported the Defects and Enhancements to the Hyperion Development team and enforce standards and best practices.
- Configured the Application server software to each individual application's requirements Performance Tuning with the Application server software for optimization of use.
- Performed recovery under various circumstances on production database.
- Successfully resolved archive log and NFS lock related issues.
- Troubleshooter connectivity issue from middle tiers to database tier.
- Synced up standby database with primary.
- Involved in the documentation of the related tasks in the project.
Environment: Hyperion Essbase 9.3.1, Hyperion Planning 9.3.1, Hyperion Financial Reporting 22.214.171.124, Web Analysis, Smart View, Workspace, Shared Services, EPM, UNIX, Linux.