- Around 8 years of IT experience in Quality Assurance for ETL, BI, Web based, Client/Server applications using Manual and Automated testing tools.
- Wrote extensive SQL and PL/SQL scripts to test the ETL flow, Data Reconciliation, Initialization, and Change Data Capture, Delta Processing, Incremental process.
- Have the ability to evaluate an ETL/BI specification, verify it with Systems experts and data architects, and assess if it complete and fully understand EDW and ETL Architecture
- Experience in Business Intelligence in generating various reports using Cognos and OBIEE
- Strong knowledge of test methodologies: Object Oriented test methodology, Service Oriented Architecture, Top to bottom and Bottom to top test methodology, QA Validations & QA Compliances
- Expert in writing UNIX Shell scripting for various needs including text processing, data archiving, data parsing and database connectivity
- Experience in system analysis & design, coding, documentation, implementation and testing (BLACK BOX as well as WHITE BOX)
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using Informatica.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting and configuring corn-jobs for ETL Loads
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing, GUI Testing, System and Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Data Driven & Keyword driven Testing
- Used Test Director, Quality Center and Business Process Testing for management of test plan, test design, test execution and defect log phase. Rational Quality Manager for management of STLC including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries to perform data driven tests and involved in front-end and back-end testing. Strong knowledge of RDBMS concepts. Developed SQL queries in Oracle databases to conduct DB testing. Having good knowledge on Oracle Data Integrator
- Utilize Cloud Services for data processing and transformation, and ensuring requirements are met during data load
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.0, DB2 8.0/7.0, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
Operating System: Win 3.x/95/98, Win NT 4.0, Windows 2000/2007
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Service (EMR, Lambda, SQS, SNS, API Gateway), Sales Force (Work Bench),1010 Data, Reltio and Snowflake
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1/9.5/9.0/8. x/7.x, (Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Informatica Server)
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 10g/11g/12c, Discoverer, Tableau
Testing Management Tools: Quick Test Pro 8.0/9.1/9.2, Win Runner 6.0/6.5/7.01/7.5, Test Director 8.0 and Load Runner 8.0, HP Quality Center11.52/9.2, Rational Robot 2001, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest. Test Manager and Zephyr
Programming Language: C, C++, HTML/ DHTML, XML, Java Script, SQL, TSL for Win Runner, VB script for QTP, Shell script
Dimensional Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling
IDE: Toad (Tool for Oracle), Toad for DB2, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, Query Analyzer
Methodologies: Agile, Water Fall, V-Model
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
Sr. QA Lead ETL/ BI / Tester
- Coordinating directly with project managers, corporate users, developers, architects, systems analysts and end users to determine business rules and system requirements
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center - HP ALM - 11.0
- Expertise in data validation of reports, functionality using OBIEE by writing complex SQL queries at the backend
- Prepare test strategy document referring functional design and technical design documents for OBIEE reports and Interactive Dashboard in BI platform
- Participate and represent QA team in meetings and discuss any concerns and issues regarding testing, resolving defects, presenting defect status reports, resolving requirement, and review design inconsistencies.
- Direct internal cross-functional departments as per requirements and find mutual solutions to problems.
- Develop and execute test strategies, test plans and requirement Traceability matrices
- Utilize Quality Center 10, ALM - HP 11 and Zephyr tools for all test management, development, execution, documentation and defect management activities
- Build complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries
- Data ware house report validation on projects developed on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g, Exadata, RPD and ETL processes
- Perform ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Prepare test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica graphs
- Experience using Informatica workflow manager to run the workflows both through monitor and Linux commands - Putty.
- Monitor session log files in Informatica to verify the software design
- Perform data validation in System Integration Test Environment and run ETL test cases and capture the results to make sure that data is accurate and correct
- Participate in production check out validation for the releases and publish the Test Results Summary and present metrics to Clients
- Involved in the implementation of Salesforce system to replace existing L inc CRM system. Tested end-to-end ETL mapping
- Created test scenario to verify data flow in Oracle Siebel Customer Relationship Management Application
- Involved in cloud projects where DWH data sent to cloud and validated ETL using 1010 and Reltio tools
- Experience in test data refresh using Informatica cloud server
- Ensure and performed data load to cloud Data Warehouse (Snowflake) using AWS lambda service.
- Performed extensive SOAP UI webservice validation including to ensure functional requirement is fulfilled
Environment: Informatica 9.5/9.6.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Quick Test Pro 9.2, OBIEE 10.1.3.4/11.1.1/12 C, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Flat Files, Control-M Scheduler, MDM, Tandem, Oracle, SQL Plus, MS Office, Core FTP/FileZilla, Discoverer, Load Runner, Work bench- SOQL, 1010 DATA, Reltio, XML, Informatica cloud, SOAP UI and AWS Services.
Sr. QA Lead ETL/ BI / Tester
- Create, Implement and Execute Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data based on the Technical Design Document and Requirements Specification Document.
- Involved in setting up Test Environment, Test Data Source, Test Cycle, Release Cycle for functional, Integration, System, Regression testing’s and UAT of the application.
- Experience in translating business requirement to functional requirements and prepared use cases.
- Experience in integration of various data sources with Multiple Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL
- Ran SQL queries to verify the number of records from Source to Target and validated the referential integrity, Time variance, Missing records, Nulls/Defaults/Trim spaces rules as per the design specifications
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
- Used UNIX to verify the session log files for error and warning details
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Tested the reports generated by OBIEE and verified and validated the reports using SQL.
- Involved in Identifying of the unused test cases in the Test Plan in Quality Center and prepared a consolidated doc to delete the test cases
- Verified correctness of data after the transformation rules were applied on source data
- Analyzed functional specifications to add and update existing test objectives for subsequent releases
- Managed defects using IBM Rational Clear Quest Web, and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues
- Used QTP for Checkpoints, Regular Expression and Accessed Data Tables for multiple applications.
- Involved in writing test scripts and functions in Test Script Language using QTP for automated testing.
- Used methods as Data Parameterization and Checkpoints for enhancing scripts in QTP.
- Report defect issues into the bug reporting/tracking systems and followed up with the development team until resolved the status of the defect accordingly using Quality Center.
- Perform Data Integration, Data comparison and Data Validation for Back End Testing by using SQL Queries (TOAD, SQL Developer).
- Involved in testing Data Marts and Mapping Sources and Targets, performed data validation while dealing with missing data and reconciling during extracts and loads
- Experience to validate the quality of Data Extracts from the source system before loading it to the database
- Involved in the validation of data at various levels (Source, Staging, Warehouse )
- Tested list reports, cross-tab reports, dashboard reports, Master-Detail reports and chart reports using multiple queries in a single report, drill- through reports and conditional formatting to highlight the business needs Tested Dash Board Reports and Drill down / Drill Up reports
- Tested Filters, Prompts, Calculations both at package level and report level
- Developed reports using Ad-hoc reporting
Environment: Informatica 8.1(Repository Manager, Repository Sever Administration Console, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor), PL/SQL, SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 9i/8i, TOAD 7.5, DB2 7.0, Putty Client, Visio 2003, XML, Windows 2000, OBIEE 9.0.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specification
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Data validation and Data integrity testing done by executing SQL, PL/SQL statements
- Involved in extensive data validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Used Quick Test pro to write the automated test scripts by using various actions and reusable actions
- Configured Quick Test Pro with Quality Centre and Maintained the project information in Quality Centre
- Worked in keyword view as well as expert view of Quick Test Pro
- Kept up with the test schedule and interacting with software engineers to ensure clear communications on requirements and defect resolutions during all phases of testing
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica Mapping
- Developed test scripts using SQL and PL/SQL according to the mappings and rules specified in mapping document
- Reviewed test cases, validation steps and test scripts with business users and team lead
- Compared the actual result with expected results and validated the data by reverse engineering methodology i.e. backward navigation from target to source
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Executed SQL Queries for testing integrity of data in database (Backend Testing)
- Created Manual Testing strategy and performed Database Testing using SQL Queries by retrieving data from Oracle Database
- Involved in the System testing and in UAT with business users
Environment: Informatica 7.1, SQL server SSIS (2005), SQL server SSRS (2005), Oracle 9i, Quick Test Pro, Unix, Flat Files