- Almost 5 years of Experience in Designing, Development and Implementation of Data Warehouses & Data marts with Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x as an ETL tool
- Expertise in Dimensional and Relational Physical & logical data modeling using Erwin and ER/Studio.
- Extensive experience in implementing CDC using Informatic a Power Exchange 8.x/9.x.
- Experience in integration of various data sources with Multiple Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL Server and Worked on integrating data from flat files like fixed width and delimited.
- Extensively worked on Informatica tools Repository manager, Designer, Workflow manager, Workflow monitor .
- Expertise in Data warehousing, Data migration
- Worked extensively with complex mappings using different transformations like Source Qualifiers, Expressions, Filters, Joiners, Routers, Union, Unconnected / Connected Lookups and Aggregators.
- Experience in debugging mappings Identified bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow and evaluating transformations.
- Experience in identifying Bottlenecks in ETL Processes, improving the Performance of the production applications using Database Tuning, Partitioning, Index Usage, Aggregate Tables, and Normalization / DE normalization strategies.
- Extensively worked with Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers and involved in Query Optimization.
- Involved in all phases of data warehouse project life cycle. Designed and developed ETL Architecture to load data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, Flat files, and XML files, XML, and SQL server targets.
- Experience with Informatica Data Exchange and Data Transformation Center
- Ability to prioritize, multi - task.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Quick learner and adaptive to new and challenging technological environments.
- Excellent Communication/Presentation Skills.
- Analytical/Creative bent of mind.
- Positive attitude and open mind. Ever willing to receive and share knowledge.
- Ability to look at the big picture, but not loose track of small details.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET:
Data Warehousing Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1/8.6/7.1 (Data Warehousing designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets, Transformations), SSIS 2008.
Reporting tools: Qlik View 11/10, Business Objects 6.1, Web Intelligence, Cognos.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 4.1, E-R Modeling, Star Schema, and Snowflake.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Teradata, SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 , IBM
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Visual C++, Java, Visual Basic Script.
Web Technologies: ASP, Java Script, HTML, DHTML.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Windows NT/2000/XP, MS-DOS.
Utilities: Toad 7.x, SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader.
Confidential, CAETL Developer
- Referenced Functional Specification documents to understand the functional requirements to prepare the Technical Design documents
- Analyzed project requirements and participated to prepare the project plan at the task level
- Compared DB2 and Teradata databases properties/ metrics/ features to migrate DB2 warehouse to Teradata warehouse
- Prepared design documents as per the analysis of DB2 stored procedures
- Created the Teradata Set/ Multiset tables as per the data model/ requirements specifications
- Developed complex mappings to convert DB2 stored procedures into ETL mappings using Informatica Power Center to load data into Teradata
- Developed many Informatica mappings to replace DB2 targets with Teradata tables using Informatica 9.1.
- Tested and implemented appropriate Teradata loader utilities as per the load volume/ job requirements for better performance
- Designed delta or Incremental load process for all the ETL jobs
- Developed the error Logic for streamlining, automating the data loads for cleansing incorrect data and developed Auditing mechanism to maintain the load statistics of transactional records
- Worked on performance Tuning of the mappings to handle increasing data volume
- Prepared the scheduling document to implement the job dependencies, setup the sequential or concurrent jobs for better execution in each subject area.
- Design and review documents including Software Requirement Specifications to ensure all the requirements are covered
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1(Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Administration Console), PL\SQL, DB2, UNIX
Confidential, Richmond, VAETL Developer
- Participated actively in Client Scrum Calls, meetings with Project Manager and status meetings.
- Responsible for design and development of ETL solutions using Informatica 9.0.1.
- Designed and Developed mappings for loading the historical data and also developing the User Management Functionality using different transformations using Informatica Designer.
- Extensively used data conversions transformations, sort, aggregate and other transformations as per business logic.
- Developed customized email notifications using C# in script task.
- Used various Connection Manager Components to extract data from disparate sources like SQL Server, CSV, Excel.
- Performed data cleansing and data scrubbing of the staging data and integrating the data using SQL stored procedures and functions.
- Prepared the Deployment Instructions document and provided support to the on-site Admins for DB Scripts, ETL code, Dot Net code and SSRS reports for deployment in UAT and Production.
- Scheduled the Jobs to run the workflows at a defined frequency such as monthly loading of the historical data etc.
- Involved in unit testing of data and bug fixing of complex reports like ‘Suburb Scorecard’ developed using SSRS.
- Used Tortoise SVN for code repository and versioning.
- Used Version One for Requirements Gathering and Defect Tracking.
- Used "Atlassian, Inc" JIRA software for logging the hours on a weekly basis.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1,Oracle 10g/11g, DB2, SQL Server, Erwin, Windows XP, UNIX.
- Understanding user problems or that business is facing with the data and processes and find ways to correct them.
- Understand the definitions of each field, map the fields in the table(s) using Metadata Manager.
- Responsible for writing Technical Design Documents, follow Software Development Life Cycle & Coding Standards.
- Responsible for understanding of existing Informatica processes and find out ways to tune/improve them.
- Support the business groups by resolving issues and providing guidance and feedback to the user.
- Handle business and user inquires about data and processes.
- Development of SQL scripts in Oracle 9i or DB2.
- Write code in Informatica v8.1.1 and create Transformations, Mappings, Sessions and Workflows as per requirement.
- Create Projects in Trillium v13 to standardize incoming data & merge with existing data & find possible match of recs.
- Responsible for consistent and frequent updates to immediate manager about the project status and concerns, also to other project team members on a need bases.
- Support QA/UAT team in resolving the defects found.
- Deployment coordination, including seeking Change Management approvals and build management.
- Respond to support tickets and resolve issues based on the urgency and the importance of the issue
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1/8.5/8.6, DB2 Power exchange 8.1, Erwin, TOAD, PL/SQL, Oracle 11i/10g/9i, Linux, XML, Unix Maestro, Flat Files, Business objects.