- Over 7 years of experience in the developing, testing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse, Data Mart Design, ETL, Tableau, OLAP, Client/Server applications.
- Experience across all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum including business requirement analysis, data mapping, build, unit testing, systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- Proficient in Data Warehousing clustered environment using Informatica PowerCenter Client tools - Mapping Designer, Repository manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor and Server tools - Informatica Server, Repository Server manager.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse/Data mart, File feeds, ODS, OLTP and OLAP implementations teamed with project scope, data modeling, ETL development, System testing, Implementation and production support.
- In depth knowledge of Testing methodologies, concepts, phases and types of testing, developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Procedures, Test Reports and documenting test results accordingly after analyzing Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Working experience in Logical and Physical data models that capture current & future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Involved in the Performance Tuning of the DataStage jobs using different methodologies like configurations of the environment variable file, designing and editing configurations
- Experience in analyzing the error caused to failure of the ETL load with reference to the log file and report them to the corresponding team to get it rectified
- Worked with Quality Center/ALM to store Business Requirements, Test Cases, Test Runs, and Test Results for every iteration, store defects and link them back to the requirements
- Experience in System Testing, Integration Testing, End-to-End Testing of complex multiple Interfaces and Regression Testing on Windows and UNIX environments.
- Strong at developing complex mappings with custom transformations and XML Sources.
- Experienced in developing Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers, SQL queries using SQL Server and Oracle.
- Expertise in identifying the Source and Target bottle necks and implementing the Performance tuning techniques at mapping, session and database level.
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes; monitoring Informatica sessions as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, MS Access.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager and SSIS, Power Exchange, Ab-Initio
Data Modeling tools: Erwin, MS Visio.
Languages/Utilities: SQL, JDBC, PL/SQL, Python, UNIX, Shell scripts, SOAP UI, Perl, Java Script, HTML, XML
IDE/Tools: Putty, Toad, SQL Developer, SQL Loader, HP Quality Center
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
Testing Tools: QTP, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quality Center, Test Director, Clear Test, Clear Case.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
ETL Informatica Developer
- Involved in various phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development and testing to production.
- Analyze business requirement, define development scope and develop technical specification documents.
- Code, test, modify, debug, document, and implement ETL workflows/mappings using Informatica PowerCenter tools.
- Created the Low-Level Design Document which includes ETL Source to Target Mapping Document and defined the overall ETL Process.
- Created Facts and Slowly Changing Dimension Tables, Keys (Unique and Primary) and Indexes to build the ODS and EDW Databases for the EDW Product DataMart.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension Type 1 and Type 2 for inserting and updating Target tables for maintaining the history.
- Developed post and pre-session Shell scripts for tasks like merging flat files after creating/deleting temporary files and changing filenames to reflect file generated date.
- Created mappings and mapplets to transform the data according to the business rules using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Designed and tested UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL testing process to automate the process of loading, pulling the data for testing ETL loads.
- Developed a Plan for Informatica Data Validation Option opportunities for the project.
- Tested integration and validation of data from various sources to targets using SQL queries and ETL process.
- Involved in Data loading and data conversion process and tested the data.
- Provided a single environment for data integration and data migration with role-based tools that share common metadata using Informatica data virtualization.
- Created sessions, batches for incremental load into staging tables and scheduled them to run daily.
- Used shortcuts to reuse objects without creating multiple objects in the repository and inherit changes made to the source automatically.
- Performed the Back-end Integration Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements.
- Tested Informatica ETL mappings that transfer data from Oracle source systems to the Data Mart
- Review Test scripts and Test close summary with Business and development.
Environment: Informatica 9.5.1/9.6.1, Informatica Cloud, Oracle 11g, Linux, Putty, Toad, Sql Developer, Excel, Word, Power point, Flat files, XML files, Agile, retail business, Visual Studio(TFS), HP Alm/Quality Center
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
ETL Informatica Developer
- Involved in DWH development using star schema and snowflake schema (dimensional modeling) and maintenance of Data warehouse
- Integrated and loaded data into DWH from various sources like flat files (delimited, fixed width), sql server, oracle, xml files etc.
- Created complex mappings to load data into DWH using various transformations like filter, source qualifier, expression, joiner, aggregator, connected and unconnected lookup, update strategy, transaction control, sorter, router, sequence and xml generator to implement the business logic
- Loaded fact and dimension table in data warehouse
- Created workflows and various tasks like session, command, email task, assignment task etc. to execute the mapping and complete the workflows
- Analyzed session statistics and extensively involved in performance tuning of source and target. And tuned the performance of various transformations such as joiner, lookup, aggregator etc.
- Extensively used informatica functions like to date, iif, to decimal, to interger, isnull, ltrim, rtrim, substr, instr, concat, length, trunc, upper, lpad, reg extract, Decode, isnull, Chr() etc.
- Used target load plan and constraint base loading to implement priorities for loading different target, and used all client tools like repository, designer, workflow manager, mapplet designer, task designer, monitor, debugger etc.
- Edited and modified the existing workflow based upon changed requirement from business
- Used sql override, look up override, mapping variable, parameters, mapplet and different functions and created type1 and type2 mappings to populate the dimension tables in DWH
- Wrote Unix shell script and executed from command task and post session command to implement the file edit and validation process.
- Similarly, wrote scripts to FTP inbound and Outbound files to remote server.
- Extensively used various Linux commands like sed, awk, mv, cp, date, grep, ls, cd, loop, conditional statement, regexe, find, sort, head, tail, diff and vi editor
- Created unit test cases and executed to check and pass all different scenarios for unit testing
- Responsible for technical specification design and analysis of business requirement from business and client team. And closely worked with data architect and modeler.
- Closely worked with lead, senior managers, QA, DBA, Informatica admin and off-shore team and worked with production support team to solve any issue in production.
- Similarly, worked with release engineering team.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, Oracle 11gR2, Clearcase, Obiee, Putty, Microsoft excel, Sql developer, Toad, Flat files, Autosys, pl/sql developer, Excel, ClearQuest, Windows, SQL*Plus, EDW, Unix, Finance Domain, Agile
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Involved in business analysis and technical design with business and technical staff to develop requirement document and ETL specifications.
- Extensively Used Informatica Powercenter as an ETL tool to extract data from legacy source systems to Target system. Extracted data from multiple operational sources for loading into staging area, Data warehouse, Data Marts using SCD's (Type 1 and Type 2) loads
- Created ETL Mappings, sessions and workflows using Informatica Power Center to move Data from multiple sources like XML, Flat files, SQL Server, and Oracle into a common target such as Data Marts and Enterprise Data warehouses. Used direct and indirect flat files (delimited and fix width) as a source of data..
- Used Informatica Designer to create complex mappings using different transformations like Filter, Router, Connected & Unconnected lookups, Stored Procedure, Joiner(all type of joiner), Update Strategy, Expressions and Aggregator transformations to pipeline data to Data Mart and Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Implemented various loads like daily loads, weekly loads, quarterly loads and on demand load
- Extensively used parameter file to pass mapping and session variables and parameters
- Tuned performance of sessions and mapping. Identified source and target bottleneck, transformation error, and resolved the problem.
- Created Job Stream and added job definitions in Tivoli Workload Scheduler(TWS)
- Created Unix shell script and edited existing script in development and testing server
- Executed Unix shell script to copy files, run workflow and archive file from staging area
- Used Clear Quest for defect management
- Attending weekly calls with the Development team and responded various issues.
Environment: Informatica, Solaris Server 10, Oracle 10g/11g, Toad, Putty, Microsoft Visio, Tivoli workload scheduler (TWS), Sal Server 2008, Clear Quest (CQ), Clear Case
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirement for database changes, ETL and Business Reports
- Extracted Data from different source systems like Oracle, Flat files, and sql server
- Extensively used various Data Cleansing and Data Conversion functions like LTRIM, RTRIM, TO DATE, Decode, and IIF functions in Expression Transformation.
- Worked with various transformations in Informatica power center like Filter, Aggregator, Joiner, Rank, Router, Sorter, Source qualifier, and Update Strategy transformations.
- Extensively worked with Joiner functions like normal join, full outer join, master outer join and detail outer join In the Joiner transformation.
- Worked with PL/SQL developer to create function, store procedures, trigger etc. in database
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings for Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD.
- Responsible for best practices like naming conventions, Performance tuning, and Error Handling
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Source, Target, and Mapping Level
- Performance tuning of SQL scripts using Oracle Explain Plan.
- Responsible for Unit testing and Integration testing of mappings and workflows.
- Reviewed and tested Informatica ETL code and assisted to write test plans.
- Responsible for 24/7 Informatica production support.
- Involved in various meetings, seminars, presentations and group discussions.
- Created Unix shell script with pmcmd command to execute workflow in informatica PowerCenter.
- Used shell scripts to copy, move, archive, transfer files to different locations
- Closely worked with QA, BA, Project Manager and other developer team.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Oracle 10g, Pl/SQL, TOAD, Erwin, SQL SERVER, Teradata, Unix, BTEQ, Unix, Windows, Putty