- Over 10 years of experience in Development, Design, Testing, and Implementation with major focus in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications
- Extensive IT experience in Product & Marketing, Telecommunications and Financial domains such as Institutional/Commercial, Consumer risk banking and implementation of Basel systems.
- Strong administrative and development knowledge of both Cognos and Tableau BI tools. IBM Cognos Analytics or IBM Cognos BI 10.2/ 10.1/8.4 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Workspace & Workspace Advanced ). Tableau 8.x/9.x/10.x
- Experience in Installation and Configuration of various Cognos products on Windows and Unix platforms.
- Proficient in Meta data modeling with Framework Manager and experienced in layered approach such as Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layers .
- Created Complex Reports with advanced features such as Master Detailed sections, Conditional formatting, Render variables, Drill - th rough, Page set and Bursting using Report Studio.
- Worked on Security Access to client (using Access Manager and Reportnet with LDAP). Also worked with Data level, Object level and Package level securities in Framework Manager.
- Expertise in OLTP/ OLAP System study, Analysis and Developing Database Schemas such as Star Schema and Snowflake Schema used in Relational, Dimensional and Multi- dimensional modeling.
- Expertise in developing SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Materialized views and Packages in Oracle and SQL Server databases .
- Executed multi- tasking skills to work on multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline based environment.
BI Tools: IBM Cognos Analytics, IBM Cognos 10 BI Series, Cognos Metrics Manager, Cognos TM1 9.5, MicroStrategy, Tableau 8/9/10, Microsoft Power BI
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Cognos Decision Stream, OWB, Ab-Initio
Programming: VB, Java, C, Pro*C, SQL/SQR, PL/SQL, C++, Python, R
Java Technologies: EJB, RMI, CORBA, JSP
Front End: Developer 2000, Visual Interdev, and Visual Basic
Databases: Oracle (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c), Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Salesforce, Teradata
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/00/NT 4.0, UNIX (Solaris, HP), Windows 10/7/XP
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Sr. Cognos Report Developer
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Customer Master
- Product Master
- Pricing Master
- Membership Master
- Revenue Manager (RM)
- Contract Manager (CM)
- Business Information (BI) and Reporting
- Created Business Intelligence solutions with the use of IBM Cognos Analytics.
- Worked on the design, development and testing of reports, dashboards and cubes.
- Determined and recommended best methods to retrieve, analyze and display data on reports.
- Worked on feasibility review of the development effort for new requirements, identification of risks, and time estimation of coding effort.
- Design and development of reports and Framework Manager models against various applications/modules within Model-N/Revitas platforms such as Contract Manager, Revenue Manager, Master Data Manager; Validata and other Government Programs.
- Test and validate reports against J&J's internal systems/databases; and modify or tune SQLs and Scripts to improve performance of the reports.
- Responsible for development activities that include configuration updates to existing software and/or developing new programs and models to address a particular business need.
- Obtain an understanding of the infrastructure and configuration of the existing J&J’s environments, including Model-N and Revitas platforms.
- Train End Users to access reports and provide technical support.
- Documented the requirements, change requests, Test results and recommendations.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Designed & developed the reports using Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio and Analysis Studio.
- Worked as an administrator on Cognos suite of products.
- Design & development of multiple reports using various templates like list reports, cross-tab reports and chart reports.
- Involved in working with cubes and developed various NBA dashboard reports.
- Developed Standard Reports, Charts, Drill Through Reports, Master Detail Reports, Map Reports Using Report Studio and Query Studio.
- Created complex dashboards with pie charts, crosstab and Multi prompts in Report Studio.
- Developed various reports using functionalities like Render Variables, Conditional Blocking, Cascading Prompts, and Conditional Formatting.
- Involved in Performance tuning by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Cognos.
- Exposure on Cognos development Software development kit like SDK in order to customize reports.
- Coordinated with Development Team tasks & Deliverables and worked on high priority issues.
- Involved in writing Complex SQL queries to improve the performance of the report.
- Designed Database Tables, Indexes, Keys, Database Triggers and Stored Procedures in Oracle.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Administered users, user groups and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Created report schedules, data connections, projects, groups in Tableau server and worked closely with business power users to create complex Reports/Dashboards using Tableau Desktop 9.2/10.1
- Used Actions (Filters / Highlight / URL) to drill-down to detailed reports; and or navigate from one dashboard to another.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Utilized advanced features of Tableau software such as to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
Environment: Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition, Oracle SQL Developer, IBM Cognos 10.2.2 - Report Studio, Workspaces, Framework Manager, HTML, Java Script, PL/SQL, Tableau Server 9.2/10.1, Tableau Desktop 9.2/10.1, Hive, Hadoop, Sqoop, HQL
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. Cognos Developer
- Responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM's software development project methodology and the creation of BI solutions with the use of the Cognos suite of tools.
- Actively involved in design and development of Cognos related Framework Manager models - both relational and DMR models.
- Responsible for feasibility review of the development effort for new requirements, identification of risks, and time estimation of coding effort, along with leading the design and development of reports, dashboards and cubes.
- Assisted in the resolution of data quality and reporting issues.
- Gathered business requirements and converted functional requirements to reporting specifications.
- Created List Reports, Crosstab Reports, Drill through Reports with cascading prompts, filters, calculations and macros.
- Conducted/Organized end user training sessions to utilize reports effectively on Tableau and Cognos environments.
- Designed, developed and modified complex reports.
- Created intuitive and user friendly reporting environment, ad-hoc and static reports.
- Monitored and scheduled tasks, created data sources, managed and deployed content in Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop.
- Designed, created TM1 Workflow application using TM1 performance modeler.
- Configured TM1 cubes as a data source for Cognos BI reporting.
- Extensively used TI for loading data into Dimensions and Cubes, added new dimensions and cubes to existing environment.
- Created BI reports/dashboards sourcing TM1 cubes by following IBM recommended best standards for TM1/BI reporting
Environment: Salesforce, Oracle 11g, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, IBM Cognos 10.2.2 - Report Studio, Query Studio, Workspaces, Framework Manager, Transformer, IBM Cognos TM1, HTML, Java Script, Tableau Server 8.3/9.0, Tableau Desktop 8.3/9.0
Confidential, Oakland, CA
Sr. Cognos BI Developer
- Supported end user reporting requirements by developing reporting solutions on the Cognos BI platform.
- Work within the Corporate IT department and support day to day reporting needs for multiple business users.
- Design, Develop and Support Cognos BI content including Reports, Cubes, Packages, Dashboards, Presentation portals etc.
- Co-ordinate, Assist and Develop Cognos Framework Manager models, adjustments to accommodate new and existing business requirements.
- Assist in business requirements gathering process, including working with end users to interpret functional requirements into Report specifications.
- Developed and Performed tests on various enterprises, provide Dashboard solutions with the help of Cognos software and assist all end users.
- Monitor work and ensure optimal utilization of all SQL scripts; documentation of all database requirements and analyze data anomalies.
- Perform troubleshoot on all Cognos helpdesk tickets and resolve all queries for content; prepare standard reports and ensure accuracy of the same.
- Provide support to all Cognos issues and maintain knowledge on all new techniques; and prepare reports for all warehouse functions.
Environment: Cognos 10.2.1 - Report Studio, Metric Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Workspaces, Framework Manager, Transformer, HTML, Java Script, C#, PeopleSoft, SAS, DB2, Windows 7.
Cognos Reports Developer
- Developed and maintained over 85 reports on the Metrics and Insights website, serving about 1500 users every month.
- Used SAS to extract and transform data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Trained end users to use Report Studio, Query Studio, Workspace Advanced and Metrics Studio.
- Conducted post implementation feedback analysis to analyze the Cognos reports usage by the end users.
- Built various Segment Trend reports, which are used to analyze the current and future market trends by the Executive Management.
- Developed reports (MDX queries ) using Cube based packages .
- Built variety of Executive Dashboards for a quick glance of various attributes/KPIs for Executive management.
- Migrated and validated Essbase cubes in each environment (DEV, UAT and PROD) during a move on to the new Essbase servers.
- Upgraded all DEV, UAT and PROD servers with the latest Cognos 10.2 software.
- Utilized a separate Cognos IST environment to test each of the server environment upgrades.
- Developed various complex reports using List, Crosstab and Chart objects.
- Migrated Reports, Packages, Cubes and folders from one environment to other (DEV, UAT & PROD) upon BICC user requests.
- Created Data Connections in Cognos Administration, to connect various cubes through Framework Manager.
- Developed new Essbase cubes for internal clients.
- Created various roles to access the reports for different levels of users.
- Gathered software and implemented Firewall (Internal & External) securities to start development on Mobile reporting, to use our existing reports remotely over tablets and smart phones.
Environment: Cognos 10.2.1 (Framework Manager, Transformer, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio), Java Script, HTML, Java, SAS, Essbase v11.1, DB2, Windows XP, Oracle 11g, Unix