- Over 9 years of experience in Information Technology including Data Warehouse development using ETL/Informatica Power Center across various industries such as Healthcare, Banking, Insurance and Retail.
- Extensive experience in developing ETL mappings, scripts and data integration using Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x.
- Exposure in using Informatica cloud and can expertise in picking up things with future cloud technology and migrations.
- Experience in all the phases of Data warehouse life cycle involving Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, and Deployment.
- Experience in working with business analysts to identify and understand requirements in order to create Technical Design Documents.
- Experienced in data profiling and data analysis.
- Attended data model review sessions with Data Modeler.
- Expertise in understanding Business Model Identifying Dimensions and Facts.
- Solid understanding of OLAP concepts and challenges, especially with large data sets.
- Experience in creating Reusable Transformations (Joiner, Sorter, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Aggregator, and Rank) for better usability.
- Strong knowledge of Entity - Relationship concept, Facts and dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions and Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema).
- Expertise in implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions - SCD Type 1 & SCD Type 2.
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, My Sql, SQL Server, and non-relational sources like flat files into staging area.
- Experienced with Teradata utilities Fast Load, Multi Load, BTEQ scripting, Fast Export, SQL Assistant.
- Experience in doing Tuning of Teradata Queries using Explain plan.
- Extensively worked with Sql and Pl/Sql.
- Hands on in configuring and creating Informatica and SSIS solutions for ETL and Business Intelligence Process for Data Integration and Migration services and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for Packages.
- Experience in doing performance Tuning of Data Base queries.
- Experience in UNIX environment, file transfers and job scheduling.
- Worked on Informatica Performance Tuning identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Experience in creating Reusable Tasks (Sessions, Command, Email) and Non-Reusable Tasks (Decision, Event Wait, Event Raise, Timer, Assignment, Worklet, Control).
- Involved in Unit testing, System testing to check whether the data loads into target are accurate.
- Experience in ETL Informatica & Database Upgrade Testing.
- Experience working in Agile methodology and ability to manage change effectively.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, enthusiastic, self-starter, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate latest technologies concepts and ideas.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.1/ 9.6.1/ 9.5.1/9.1.1 /8.6.1/8.1.1/7.1.2
Data Modeling: Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Ralph Kimball Methodology, Bill Inman Methodology, Star, Snow-Flake, Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Physical and Logical Modeling, Normalization and De Normalization.
Databases: Teradata 14/12, Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.x, MS SQL Server 2012/2008, DB2, Sybase, My Sql
Others: Toad, SQL Navigator, FACETS 4.3/4.7, Shell Scripting, Sql Assistant, Sql, Java
Environment: Windows, Linux, Unix Job Scheduling Autosys, Control M, Cron Job and Maestro
Confidential, Miami, FL
Sr.ETL Informatica Developer
- Involved in Requirement analysis in support of Data Warehousing efforts along with Business Analyst.
- Extensively worked with various Active transformations like Filter, Sorter, Aggregator, Router and Joiner transformations.
- Extensively worked with various Passive transformations like Expression, Lookup, Sequence Generator, Mapplet Input and Mapplet Output transformations.
- Worked with source databases like Oracle, SQL Server, My Sql and Flat Files.
- Responsible for definition, development and testing of processes/programs necessary to extract data from client's operational databases, transform, cleanse data and load it into data marts.
- Created complex mappings using Unconnected and Connected lookup Transformations.
- Responsible for the performance tuning of the ETL process at source level, target level, mapping level and session level.
- Implemented Slowly changing dimension Type 1 and Type 2 for change data capture.
- Worked with various look up cache like Dynamic Cache, Static Cache, Persistent Cache, Re Cache.
- Worked extensively with update strategy transformation for implementing inserts and updates.
- Worked with various Informatica Power Center objects like Mappings, transformations, Mapplet, Workflows and Session Tasks.
- Extensively used the tasks like email task to deliver the generated reports to the mailboxes and command tasks to write post-session and pre-session commands.
- Extensively used debugger to test the logic implemented in the mappings.
- Performed error handing using session logs.
- Tuned performance of Informatica session for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size and target based commit interval.
- Involved in production support when required.
- Monitored workflows and session using Power Center workflows monitor.
- Used Informatica Scheduler for scheduling the workflows.
- Provided 24*7 supports for Production environment for Extraction, Loading and transformation of data by remote monitoring.
- Monitoring the Extraction and loading processes of data and Involved in writing UNIX shell scripting for automating the jobs.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.1/9.6.1/9.5.1, Oracle 11g, DB2,Flat Files, XML, TOAD, Sql Assistant, Cron Job, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr.ETL Informatica Developer / Teradata Developer
- Worked with Business Analyst & Data Modelers in understanding the BRD - Business Requirement Document, Mapping Document and Data Model.
- Extracted data from different source systems - Oracle, DB2, My Sql, Flat Files and XML Files.
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica Power center 10.1/9.6.1/9.5.1 to implement the business requirements.
- Involved in Informatica cloud implementation process.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Used most of the Transformations available in Informatica - Source Qualifier, Filter, Router, Lookup (Connected & Un Connected), Expression, Update Strategy, Transaction Control and Sequence Generator.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions - Type 1 & Type 2 to maintain the history in Dimension tables.
- Involved in analysis for the migration of informatica to SSIS and knowledge on SSIS tool.
- Setup various SSIS packages and SQL jobs to automatically deliver reports and raw data to consumers and recipients.
- Good amount of experience working in Data Warehouse project i.e. creating and loading different Data Feeds through Informatica and SSIS packages.
- Developed SSIS Packages and loading the data from the raw feed files into target using MS SSIS.
- Worked with Huge data sets to load Fact Tables.
- Implemented Change Data Capture (CDC) for handling delta loads.
- Involved in Informatica upgrade process and testing the whole existing Informatica flow in new upgrade environment.
- Experienced in doing performance Tuning of Informatica objects- Finding the bottle necks at source, Target and mapping level and eliminating the with tuning methods.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external files.
- Involved in Enhancing existing Production informatica objects for change or additional requirements and pushing it back to production after successful QA testing.
- Expertise in using Teradata Utilities BTEQ, M-Load, F-Load, TPT and F-Export in combination with Informatica for better Load in to Teradata Ware House.
- Built several BTEQ to load data from Stage to Base after considering several performance techniques in Teradata sql.
- Involved in Teradata upgrade process from TD 12/TD 14.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Has a very good knowledge of FACETS tool and Healthcare domain, Worked on the various modules like Subscriber/Member, Groups, Enrollment, Claims, Billing, Accounting, Provider, MTM and Utilization Management.
- Good experience on FACETS CTP (Claims Test Pro) and FACETS Testing.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Pre and post session assignment variables were used to pass the variable values from one session to other.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks,
- Used Cron Job to schedule jobs.
- Performed unit testing at various levels of the ETL and actively involved in team code reviews.
- Worked with ETL Admin team for code migration activities and deployments.
- Worked with QA team for better understanding of code development.
- Implemented & followed organization level Informatica best Standards & Procedures.
- Involved in Solving Trouble tickets raised by Business users as part of application support team.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.1/9.6.1/9.5.1, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),Oracle 11g, DB2, Teradata 14/12, Flat Files, XML, TOAD, Sql Assistant, Cron Job, UNIX, Facets 4.7, Windows.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
Sr.ETL Informatica Developer / Teradata Developer
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and laid out the steps for the data extraction, business logic implementation & loading into targets.
- Responsible for Impact Analysis, upstream/downstream impacts.
- Created detailed Technical specifications for Data Warehouse and ETL processes.
- Used Informatica as ETL tool to pull data from source systems/ files, cleanse, transform and load data into the Teradata using Teradata Utilities.
- Worked on Informatica- Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, and Transformation Developer.
- Used most of the transformations such as the Source Qualifier, Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Connected and Unconnected Lookups, Joiner, update strategy and stored procedure.
- Extensively used Pre-SQL and Post-SQL scripts for loading the data into the targets according to the requirement.
- Developed mappings to load Fact, Dimension tables (SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2 dimensions) and Incremental loading and unit tested the mappings.
- Successfully upgraded Informatica 9.1 and to 9.5 and responsible for validating objects in new version of Informatica.
- Involved in Initial loads, Incremental loads and Daily loads to ensure that the data is loaded in the tables in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of Teradata SQL, ETL and other processes to optimize session performance.
- Loaded data in to the Teradata tables using Teradata Utilities Bteq, Fast Load, Multi Load, and Fast Export, TPT.
- Worked extensively with different Caches such as Index cache, Data cache and Lookup cache (Static, Dynamic and Persistence) while developing the Mappings.
- Created Reusable transformations, Mapplets, Worklets using Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer and Worklet Designer.
- Integrated the data into centralized location. Used migration, redesign and Evaluation approaches.
- Responsible for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and helped with User Acceptance Testing.
- Tuned the performance of mappings by following Informatica best practices and also applied several methods to get best performance by decreasing the run time of workflows.
- Worked extensively on Informatica Partitioning when dealing with huge volumes of data and also partitioned the tables in Teradata for optimal performance.
- Scheduling Informatica jobs and implementing dependencies if necessary using Autosys.
- Managed postproduction issues and delivered all assignments/projects within specified time lines.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1/9.1.1, Oracle 11g, My Sql, Teradata, Flat Files, Erwin 4.1.2, Sql Assistant, Toad, Winscp, Putty, Autosys, UNIX.
Confidential, Companies, IL
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Did an extensive requirement gathering, analysis and writing of technical specifications, supporting for various projects involved with Auto, Fire Data marts and State farm Organization Profile (SFOP).
- Worked with Business Analysts to get the functional Specifications, create test plans and scenarios to translate them into technical designs for implementation and deployment.
- Involved as an ETL Developer by gathering business requirements, Preparing Design specification, Designing mappings and Extensively used ETL to load data from flat files to Oracle Database.
- Worked extensively on transformations like Lookup, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Router, Source Qualifier, Sorter, Sequence Generator, Rank, Lookup, Normalizer etc.
- Designed and developed new mappings using Connected, Unconnected Lookups and Update strategy transformations.
- Implemented Slowly Changing dimension methodology for accessing the full history of accounts and transaction information.
- Error checking and Unit testing of the ETL procedures using Informatica session log and various tracing options.
- Developed joiner transformation for extracting data from multiple sources.
- Extensively used workflow manager for creating and scheduling various sessions.
- Fine-tuned the Informatica Mappings and Session to get better performance.
- Created scripts to verify that all the data has been moved successfully.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1/8.6/9.1.1, Oracle, UNIX AIX, Visio, Flat Files, Toad for Data Analyst, Control-M Scheduling Tool.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading of the data using Informatica.
- Designed the target load process based on the requirements.
- Enhancing the existing mappings where changes are made to the existing mappings using Informatica Power center.
- Testing and debugging the Enhanced mappings.
- Creating the ETL run book.
- Develop Mappings and Workflows to generate staging files.
- Develop Mappings and Workflows to load the data into Oracle tables.
- Developed various transformations like Source Qualifier, Update Strategy, Lookup transformation, Expressions and Sequence Generator for loading the data into target table.
- Created Workflows, Tasks, database connections using Workflow Manager.
- Developed complex Informatica mappings and tuned them for better performance.
- Created sessions and batches to move data at specific intervals & on demand using Server Manager.
- Responsibilities include creating the sessions and scheduling the sessions.
- Recovering the failed Sessions and Batches.
- Involving in extracting the data from SQL Server, Sybase and Flat files.
- Implemented performance tuning techniques by identifying and resolving the bottlenecks in source, target, transformations, mappings and sessions to improve performance Understanding the Functional Requirements.
- Responsible for identifying the missed records in different stages from source to target and resolving the issue.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning for mappings and ETL procedures both at mapping and session level.
- Developing, Testing and debugging the mappings in Informatica.
- Good experience in UNIX working environment.
- Preparing the documents for test data loading.
Environment: Informatica Power center 8.6, Sybase, Sql Server, Oracle, Flat File, UNIX shell scripts, Windows.
Confidential, LA, CA
Sr. Informatica developer
- Involved in requirement gathering, data Analysis, and user meetings, discussing the issues to resolve and translated the user inputs into ETL design documents.
- Worked with Informatica power center 8.6 tools like Designer, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager, source analyzer, warehouse designer, mapping & mapplets designer and Transformation developer.
- Developed Informatica mappings using source qualifier, joiner, Lookups (connected and unconnected), expression, filter, router, and aggregator, sorter, update strategy and normalizer transformations.
- Involved in making the changes to the existing data models to accommodate the new requirements.
- Responsible for Optimizing the ETL loads and also redesigning ETL Interfaces which were not providing the accurate data for the business.
- Worked with mapping parameters and variables, session parameters, pmcmd commands, email tasks.
- Responsible for fixing PLSQL procedures for getting the accurate data.
- Worked with SQL override, Lookup override, Lookup caches, Index and Data caches while designing the mappings also Worked with TOAD SQL*Loader for loading the data from external files into RDBMS tables and Fine-tuned the SQL queries using Explain Plan and Tkprof to speed up the session runs.
- Handled Informatica administration work like migrating the code, creation of users, creating folders, Worked with Shortcuts across shared, non-shared folders and wrote Autosys Jil scripts for scheduling the workflows.
- Created and executed unit test plans based on system and validation requirements. Worked closely with Business during the testing phase and fixed bugs that were reported.
- Developed reports which used Conditional blocks/Variables and associated them with queries to show data only when the conditions were fulfilled.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Oracle, UNIX, Windows, Toad, Autosys.
- Imported various Sources, Targets, and Transformations using Informatica Power Center Server Manager, Repository Manager and Designer.
- Created and managed the global and local repositories and permissions using Repository Manager in Oracle Database.
- Responsibilities included source system analysis, data transformation, loading, validation for data marts, operational data store and data warehouse.
- Used heterogeneous files from Oracle, Flat files and SQL server as source and imported stored procedures from oracle for transformations.
- Designed and coded maps, which extracted data from existing, source systems into the data warehouse.
- Used Dimensional Modeling Techniques to create Dimensions, Cubes and Fact tables.
- Written PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database. Tuned SQL queries for better performance.
- Scheduled Sessions and Batch Process based on demand, run on time, run only once using Informatica Server Manager.
- Generated completion messages and status reports using Informatica Server manager.
- Tuned ETL procedures and STAR schemas to optimize load and query Performance.
- Starting Sessions and Batches and make Event based scheduling.
- Managed migration in a multi-vendor supported Server and Database environments.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.2, DB2 v8.0, SQL, Windows 2000, UNIX, SQL Server 2000, Oracle 8i, Flat files, SQL *Plus, Business Objects 5.1.6.