- IT professional with around 6+ years of extensive working experience in Data Warehousing and ETL technologies in Health care and Banking & Finance domain
- Strong Working Experience with various clients in Health care /Finance industries.
- Very strong experience in Informatica Power center suite which includes Mapping Developer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager.
- Experience in design and development of Data Warehouse, Marts.
- Expert in designing the ETL architecture, Load Strategy and the Data Flow.
- Solid understanding of Data Modelling (Star and Snow Flake Schemas), Physical and Logical models, DWH concepts, ER diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams/Process Diagrams.
- Designed and developed complex mapping logic using varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Filter, Expression, Router, Normalizer, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator.
- Elaborate experience in databases using Oracle 11g/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Packages, Explain Plan, Cursors, Constraints, Triggers, Indexes, Views, Database Links and Export/Import Utilities.
- Immense knowledge in Health care payer operations, Interfaces, Reports, Letters and system Migrations, Health Administration - Claims processing (auto adjudication) Claims pricing and testing, HIPAA, enrollment, Medicare, Medicaid, CDHP.
- Expertise in Data Extraction from Flat Files (fixed width, delimited), XML files, Relational sources and Sales Force source using Power Center feature in Informatica.
- Experienced in automating the Informatica jobs also experienced in Informatica scheduler, Autosys.
- Extensive experience in creating Talend jobs using Big data components like Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Pig and Spark.
- Experienced in handling SCDs (Slowly Changing Dimensions) using Informatica.
- Extensively worked on Data migration, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes and providing data mining features for data warehouses.
- Extensive experience in Performance Tuning and optimizing ETL process and coming up with the best design to obtain superior performance.
- Good understanding of PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and other database components. Experience in converting PL/SQL procedures to ETL Interfaces.
- Experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Database/ Data warehousing/ Client/ Server/ Legacy applications for Finance and other industries using Data Modelling, Data Extraction, Data Transformation, Data Loading and Data Analysis.
- Created UNIX Shell Scripts to automate the ETL process.
- Experience in UNIX working environment, writing UNIX shell scripts for Informatica pre & post session operations.
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, & insurances in HIPAA ANSI X12 4010, 5010 formats including 270/271, 276/277, 835, 837, 999, ICD 9, ICD 10.
- Strong experience in using FACETS which includes the Membership, Product, Provider components Billing, Claims Processing, Commissions, Claims Processing, Customer Service, Utilization Management, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI
- Good understanding of healthcare industry, claims management process, Medicaid and Medicare Services and insurance sector
- Familiar with HIPPA EDI Transactions such as 835, 837(P, D, I) 276, 277, 278 and experienced in creating maps in inbound and outbound EDI interfaces for 810, 850, 855 etc
- Excellent soft skills, team building skills. Have played Technical Lead / Sr Software Developer roles for various projects and handled team as big as 10-12 team members.
- Extensively involved in system analysis development and implementation of Data warehouse systems using SDLC.
- Good Experience in creation of Quality related documents (Function specification, ETL architecture design, High Level and Low-Level design, and Unit Test Case documents).
- Performed System Analysis and QA testing and involved in Production Support.
- Experienced in various testing activities like Unit testing, System Integration testing and User acceptance testing.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/8.x/7.x, OLAP, OLTP, Data Profiling, Data Migration and Data Cleansing.
Languages: PL/SQL, T-SQL, My-SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, XML, C, C++
Operating Systems: UNIX (SunSolaris10, HP, AIX Linux), Windows
Tools:: Informatica Power Center (9.x/8.x)
Databases: Oracle 11g, DB2, SQL Server 2005, PostgreSQL, HDFS, HBase
Domain Knowledge: Finance and Accounting, Investor Communication Services, HealthCare Management Consulting
Office Tools: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel
Data Warehouse ETL Developer
- Primary ETL developer responsible for designing and developing various Systems adhering to the relational and dimensional data modeling standards.
- Currently working as ETL lead, for overseeing the design and development of various ETL components.
- Extracted data stored in Oracle 11g/10g and Flat files and loaded data into Oracle Data warehouse.
- Worked with Source Analyzer, Data Warehouse Designer, Workflow monitor, Mapping Designer, Mapplets and Transformation Developer in Informatica designer.
- Developed several complex Mappings, Mapplets and Reusable Transformations to facilitate daily weekly and monthly loading of Data.
- Used Informatica features to implement Type I, and II changes in slowly changing dimension tables.
- Developed entity-relationship diagrams and data dictionaries to accomplish tasks. Develop logical and physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using ERWIN.
- Extensive experience with EDI ANSI X12, XML, EDIFACT, HIPAA, and other XML based standards.
- Provided EDI Support to various clients' onsite and offsite. Extensively worked on EDI 837 and 835 for Claims
- Analyzing and troubleshooting all EDI issues to maintain accuracy
- Strong experience on HIPAA Health domains.
- Created and Configured Workflows and Sessions to transport the data to target warehouse Oracle tables using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Scheduled Informatica sessions and workflows using Informatica Scheduler in Business process as requested.
- Performed extensive debugging and performance tuning of mappings, sessions and workflows including partitioning, and cache management.
- Worked on various complex ETL Components using Informatica involving different source systems like Flat Files, Relational sources and Sales Force
- Implemented the intraday load functionality to capture 'Frequently Changing' data from Source system.
- Implemented deals, real time inserts/updates using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Oracle performance tuning to achieve insert/updates in multiple tables through different procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring the production night cycle and providing production support in case of any failures.
- Created and maintained various project related documents like high level design documents etc.
- Created, executed and documented associated test cases.
- Reviewed the deliverable of peer group.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, (Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor), Oracle 11g/10g, EDI, Claims, Flat files, XML files, ODBC, Windows NT, UNIX, Shell Scripts, SQL scripts.
Data Warehouse ETL Developer
- Gather business requirements, study the application and collect the required information from developers, and business. •
- Participate in design and analysis sessions with business analysts, source-system technical teams, and end users.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining ETL jobs, including ETL implementation and enhancements, testing and quality assurance, troubleshooting issues and ETL/Query performance tuning
- Designing, developing, maintaining and supporting Data Warehouse or OLTP processes via Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) software using Informatica.
- Manage and expand current ETL framework for enhanced functionality and expanded sourcing.
- Worked on analyzing Hadoop cluster and different Big Data analytic tools including Pig, Hive, HBase and Sqoop.
- Translate business requirements into ETL and report specifications. Performed error handing using session logs.
- Worked on Power Center Tools like designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor and repository manager.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, and functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Done Code reviews of ETL and SQL processes. Worked on upgrading Informatica from version 9.x to 10.x.
- Created complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter and Sequence
- Identifying performance issues in the code and tuning it to complete the jobs within the given SLA time.
- Performance tuning at Informatica and database levels depending on the bottlenecks identified with the jobs.
- Developed mappings using Informatica Power Center Transformations - Lookup (Unconnected, Connected), Filter, Expression, Router, Joiner, Update Strategy, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, and Sequence Generator.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality 9.x (IDQ) toolkit, analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ.
- Performed Relational Data Modeling, ER Diagrams (forward & reverse engineering), dimensional modeling, OLAP multidimensional Cube design & analysis, define slowly changing dimensions and surrogate key management.
- Worked with the testing team to resolve bugs related to day one ETL mappings before production.
- Maintained ETL release document for every release and migrated the code into higher environments through deployment groups.
- Created change request before code deployment into production to get required approvals from business.
- Created weekly project status reports, tracking the progress of tasks according to schedule and reported any risks and contingency plan to management and business users
- Experienced working with team leads, Interfaced with business analysts, third party vendors and end users.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x, IDQ, OLAP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Windows, UNIX.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodologies.
- Understand the Requirements and Functionality of the application from specs
- Involved in the development of Informatica mappings and tuned existing mappings for better Performance.
- Develop required Unix shell scripts to automate ETL processes.
- Responsible for testing the mappings and ensure that the mappings do the transformation as proposed.
- Creating report structure and mapping in BI tool "Jasper" and integrate to Talend / Hadoop (Pig, Hive, HBASE etc).
- Developed Mapplets and Worklets for reusability.
- Created mappings using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Router, Lookup, Update Strategy, data masking and Sequence Generator etc.
- Involved in Unit Testing, create test cases to check whether the data loads into target.
- Prepared technical specifications for the development of Informatica (ETL) mappings to load data into various target tables and defining ETL standards.
- Scheduling daily, weekly and monthly loads for the managers according to the business specs.
- Develop workflows, sessions used command task in workflow manager.
- Involved in The ETL process is handled by defining and deploying mappings. OWB gives the user a highly graphical and easy-to-use interface.
- Implemented Performance tuning in Mappings and Sessions by identifying the bottlenecks and Implemented effective transformation Logic.
- Responsible for developing various data extracts and loading routine using Informatica, Oracle stored procedure (pl/sql), packages, triggers, UNIX.
- Created detailed process flow designs and drafts high-level Standard Operation Procedures.
- Performed tuning for PL/SQL procedures, Views, and Informatica objects.
- Monitored data warehouse month-end loads to ensure successful completion.
- Used Informatica Power Center Workflow Manager to create sessions, batches to run with the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Tuned mappings and SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created and ran the Workflows using Workflow manager in Informatica Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository manager.
- Gap analysis by map ping the functional requirements to the Business Requirements worked on the report design to create User Interface mock-ups.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, Oracle 11g, TSQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL*Loader, UNIX, Windows 2007, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, PD
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Working on building new data warehouse for customer data information.
- Experienced working with team leads, Interfaced with business analysts and end users.
- Worked with data modelers to understand financial data model and provided suggestions to the logical and physical data model.
- Document unit test cases and provide QA support to make testers understand the business rules and code implemented in Informatica.
- Defined and configured schema, staging tables, and landing tables, base objects foreign-key Relationships, look up systems and tables, packages, query groups and queries/custom queries.
- Used Cleanse Functions to Cleanse and Standardize while data is loading into stage tables.
- Enabled delta detection to extract the Incremental Data
- Defined the Systems, Trust Scores and Validation rules.
- Created the Match/Merge rule sets to get the right master records.
- Created mapping using various transformations like Joiner, Filter, Aggregator, Lookup, Router, Sorter, Expression, Normalizer, Sequence Generator and Update Strategy, data standardization, address validator etc.
- Implemented SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2 for loading data into data warehouse dimension tables.
- Implemented error handling for invalid and rejected rows by loading them into error tables.
- Implementing the Change Data Capture Process using Informatica Power Exchange.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of ETL code by addressing various issues during extraction, transformation and loading of data.
- Worked with Support team to migrate the ETL code to Production servers from development servers by creating a mapping document and Request for Change (RFC) of the process.
- Involved in Knowledge Transfer sessions to Support team after completion of UAT signoff.
- Handled Production issues and monitored Informatica workflows in production.
- Extensively worked on batch frame work to run all Informatica job scheduling.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Informatica MDM 9.1, Oracle, PL/SQL, DB2, RALLY, HP Quality Control, Informatica Power Exchange 9.