- 6+ years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and Support of Data Warehousing and Data Integration Solutions using Informatica Powercenter.
- Expert knowledge in working with Informatica PowerCenter 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x (Designer, Repository manager, Repository Server Administrator console, Server Manager, Work flow manager, workflow monitor) and Knowledge of Informatica 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x in installation and setup.
- Hands on experience with Informatica Data Explorer (IDE) / Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) tools for Data Analysis / Data Profiling and Data Governance.
- Helped with data profiling, specifying and validating rules (Scorecards), and monitoring data quality using the Informatica Analyst tool.
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality toolkit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ
- Good knowledge of Data warehouse concepts and principles Star Schema, Snowflake, Enterprise Data Vault, SCD, Surrogate keys, Normalization/De normalization.
- Experience in integration of various data sources with Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL Server and Worked on integrating data from flat files.
- Expertise in Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) to Extract Load and Transform (E - LT) for high performance and faster responsiveness.
- Expertise in Oracle Data Integration to Extract Load and Transform (ELT) for high performance and faster responsiveness.
- Created shell script to run data stage jobs from UNIX and then schedule this script to run data stage jobs through scheduling tool like Autosys and Tivoli.
- Understanding & Working knowledge of Informatica CDC (Change Data Capture).
- Applied the concept of Change Data Capture (CDC) and imported the source from Legacy systems using Informatica Power Exchange (PWX).
- Experience in profiling data using Informatica Data Quality 10.0(Analyst tool).
- Extensively worked on Informatica PowerCenter Transformations such as Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, Sequence Generator, Normalizer, Union, and XML Source Qualifier.
- Highly experienced in developing, designing, reviewing and documenting Informatica work products like Mappings, Mapplets, Reusable transformations, Sessions, Workflows, Worklets, Schedulers and experienced in using Mapping parameters, Mapping variables, Session parameter files.
- Proficient in ETL (Extract - Transform - Load) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Informatica Power Center tool.
- Worked on SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Extensive experience in error handling and problem fixing in Informatica.
- Designed complex Mappings and expertise in Performance Tuning.
- Experience in troubleshooting by tuning mappings, identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in various levels like source, target, mappings, and session.
- Involved in Implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions, Star Join Schema modeling, Snowflake modeling, FACT tables, Dimension tables, denormalization.
- Experience in Business Intelligence with Cognos 10.1.1,Cognos 8.x series .
- Experienced in Data warehouse reporting with Cognos 10.1,8.0, 8.2 BI Series, Cognos.
- Experience in Oracle9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, Teradata, and DB2 etc.
- Worked on Oracle to Teradata Migration.
- Have solid Experience in Informatica and Teradata mix in Enterprise distribution center environment.
- Extensively created and used various Teradata Set Tables, Multi-Set table, global tables, volatile tables, temp tables.
- Extensive Experience in UNIX (AIX/Solaris/ HP-UX 11.x), and Windows Operating system.
- Extensively used SQL and PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, and Packages.
- Excellent overall software Development life cycle (SDLC) experience, Conceptual and Logical Thinking, Goal oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
ETL Tools:: Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Power Exchange, IDDSQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Repoerting Services (SSRS).
Databases:: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, IBM DB2, SQL Server, Teradata, Base SAS.
Reporting Tools:: Microstrategy,Business Objects, Crystal Reports, OBIEE.
Data Modeling: : Erwin 3.x/4.x, Embarcadero.
Scheduling Tools:: Crontab, Autosys, Maestro,Tivoli
Languages:: SQL, PL/SQL, C, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Development Tools:: PL/SQL, SQL, Developer 2000, Oracle Developer Suite, SQL Plus, SSRS, Toad 8.x/9.x/10.x.
OLAP Tools:: Business Objects 5.0, Oracle Discoverer 4.1, Cognos Series 8 v8.2/8.3/8.4, Transformer6.5Power Play 6.5.
Operating Systems:: UNIX (putty), Sun OS, AIX, Windows 2000/XP/2003, Mainframe.
Office Applications:: MS-Office 2000/2003/2007, Visio, MPP.
Other Utilities: : SQL *Loader, MultiLoad, Teradata SQL Assistant.
Confidential, Morrisville, NC
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Proficient in understanding business processes/requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Understanding the Business Requirements and Develop an ETL process to load data from source to target.
- Created ETL mappings using Informatica Power Center to move Data from sources like flat files, databases, loaded into Oracle, SqlServer.
- Created ETL mappings & Mapplets for various layer of data loads like Staging, DWH, Data Mart.
- Extracted data from various heterogeneous sources like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, MS Access, and Flat Files.
- Developed SQL Scripts, Packages and Procedures for Business rules check to implement business rules.
- Worked on the performance and high priority critical issues to meet deadlines for SSIS package execution and for SSRS reports rendering.
- Extensively used various active and passive transformations like Filter, Router, Expression, Source Qualifier, Joiner, Look up, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Rank and Aggregator.
- Experience in scheduling tools like Tivoli, Autosys.
- Used Autosys Scheduling tool to schedule the Informatica workflows and written autosys box and command jobs.
- Used UNIX commands (Vi Editor) to perform the DB2 load operations.
- Extensively used ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) ELT tool to load data from various source systems to a target Data warehouse.
- Extensively worked with SCD Type-I, Type-II and Type-III dimensions and data warehousing Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Responsible for best practices like naming conventions, Performance tuning, and Error Handling.
- Designed IDQ mappings which is used as Mapplets in Power center.
- Experience in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) for cleansing and formatting customer master data.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Source level, Target level, Mapping Level and Session Level.
- Solid Expertise in using both Connected and Un connected Lookup transformations.
- Extensively worked with various lookup caches like Static, Dynamic, and Persistent Cache.
- Developed Re usable Transformations, and Re Usable Mapplets.
- Responsible for the data management and data cleansing activities using Informatica data quality(IDQ)
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings for Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD.
- Worked on fine tuning one of the slow running fact tables in exadata, while it took much less in while loading the same in Netezza.
- Worked with Index Cache and Data Cache in cache using transformation like Rank, Lookup, Joiner, and Aggregator Transformations.
- Worked with Session Logs and Workflow Logs for Error handling and Troubleshooting in all environment.
Environment: Informatica 10, IDQ, Toad, Autosys, Unix, Oracle 11g,Teradata, PL/SQL, Tivoli, FTP.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality 9.0.1 (IDQ) toolkit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities using IDQ 9.0.1.
- Perform System Analysis and Requirement Analysis, design and write technical documents and test plans.
- Created a Hybrid process in IDQ by combining both IDQ Developer and analyst version through LDO(Logical Design Objects).
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS.
- Created master & work repositories and configured ODI connections for source and target systems in topology.
- Worked extensively on IDQ Analyst for Profiling, Creating rules on Profiling and Scorecards.
- Worked with Management for creating the requirements and estimates on the Project.
- Assisted Business Analyst with drafting the requirements, implementing design and development of various components of ETL for various applications.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, table spaces and data quality checks.
- Designed IDQ mappings which is used as Mapplets in Power center.
- Developed numerous mappings using the various transformations including Address Validator, Association, Case Converter, Classifier, Comparison, Consolidation, Match, Merge, Parser.
- Design/developed and managed Power Center upgrades from v7.x to v8.6, Migrate ETL code from Informatica v7.x to v8.6. Integrate and managed workload of Power Exchange CDC.
- Created Complex ETL Mappings to load data using transformations like Source Qualifier, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Joiner, Dynamic Lookup, and Connected and unconnected lookups, Filters, Sequence, Router and Update Strategy
- Identified the bottlenecks in the sources, targets, mappings, sessions and resolved the problems.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions both SCD Type 1 & SCD Type 2.
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases, and SQL QA Scripts to perform Unit Testing, System Testing.
- Communicate with business users to understand their problem if required and send workaround to solve the issue and find the root cause and advice if required any enhancement.
- Developed MLOAD scripts to load data from Load Ready Files to Teradata Warehouse.
- Design and develop mappings, sessions and workflow as per the requirement and standards.
- Responsible for making changes in the existing configuration wherever required, making customizations according to the business requirements, testing and successfully moving the changes into production.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) 9.0.1, Data vault, Informatica IDQ Analyst, Oracle 11g, Teradata,PL/SQL, FTP, MS-Excel, MS-Access.
Confidential, Raliegh, NC
- Developed Source to Target Mappings using Informatica PowerCenter Designer to load data from various source systems like ORACLE, Sql Server and Flat files to the target.
- Involved in using SQL Loader to bulk load data in Oracle database.
- Involved in fixing invalid Mappings, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Testing of Informatica Sessions, Workflow and the Target Data.
- Tuned performance of Informatica session for large data files by partitioning and changing appropriate properties like increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and target based commit interval.
- Developed Shell Scripts, PL/SQL stored procedures, table and Index creation scripts.
- Creating reports using Business Objects for various Oracle application Projects.
- Extensively used pmcmd commands.
- Scheduled the sessions and workflows to run at specified intervals by using Crontab.
- Created unit test plans and test scenarios. Extensively used the Informatica Debugger for debugging the mappings associated with failed sessions.
- Involved in preparing detailed ETL design documents.
- Involved in unit, Integration, functional and performance Testing
Environment: Informatica Power Center, UNIX, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, ERWIN, Business Objects, TOAD.
- Analyzing and Understanding the business requirements.
- Developed Restful web services to expose ODATA end points for web clients.
- Implemented ETL and business logic with various tasks and transformations.
- Written many customized queries, implemented many performance improvements across packages.
- Populating the Data from different source systems into DW using SSIS.
- Performed data reconciliation across various source systems.
- Created Unit test cases and Implemented unit test results.
- Involved in Test Driven Development and various testing phases of new product development and defects resolving.
- Actively participated in the preparation of Business, Use case documents, High/Low Level design documents, Technical Specification Documents.
- Worked with various transformations (Derived column, lookup, multicast, conditional split, Union all & sort.
- Coordinated with all the technical resources and delivery of the quality solutions in the timely manner with overall project objectives.
Environment: ASP.NET MVC 4.0, C#, REST-WCF, WEB API, SSIS, Flat files, MS SQL Server 2008.