- Hands on manager of Big Data Solution Architecture Technology responsible for development and reporting teams.
- Provided supervisory and reporting for an additional 150 staff members. Delivery of DWH for $600Mil program including business requirements, infomatica technology and DWH.
- Delivered data initiatives essential for success of Intermediate Holding Company ( Confidential ) Day 1 delivery including Referentials, Data Quality, Dashboards and Data Lineage.
- Managed the industry leading Confidential Risk Management Reference Data Repository.
- Participated in re - engineering efforts including rationalization, architecture review, DWH design and Big Data technology review process.
- Evaluated Big Data solutions such as Hadoop and Teradata.
- Successfully delivered projects mastering referential and application data in support of regulatory and institutional mandates.
- Strong background in Investment Banking and Financial Systems with more than 25 years of hands on and management experience.
- Delivered Data Quality project including dashboard and data mart
- Delivered Data Governance technology initiatives for Confidential, CCAR and Basel
- Managed Infomatica team to deliver market data solutions
- Strong background in financial industry technology and subject matter
- Provided leadership to teams of 36 BA/AD/PM resources at diverse locations
- Expertise in all of the following dbs: Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase IQ
- Primary contact to Enterprise Data Master team for Global Risk Organization
- Risk Management, Credit Risk, Market Risk Compliance - Regulatory Rules
- Data Governance, Master Data Management, Data Mapping, Data Quality
- Securities Lending - Reuters, Bloomberg, IDC Data Feeds
- Big Data experience with Hadoop, Sybase IQ, Teradata
- Data Warehouse design and implementation - Reference Data and Market Data
- Data Design - physical and logical design - Erwin, Power Designer, Rational Rose
- Interfaced well with business users and developers: bridge between users and AD
Data Warehouse Technology Manager
- Managed implementation of DWH MDM project providing reference data supporting all regulatory initiatives for International Confidential in North America. Developed and managed team of 4 BA/DA/PM resources.
- Managed development and implementation of Data Quality program in compliance with multiple regulatory rules. Recruited, developed and managed 7 resources.
- Managed development and implementation of Data Quality Mart and Tableau Dashboard including implementation of business rules and technical rules. Managed team of 5 resources.
- Managed development and implementation of Metadata Lineage project in fulfilment of Data Governance regulatory initiatives. Utilized Infomatica features to deliver data journey from source to Axiom reporting. Managed team of 6 resources.
- Developed processes for requirements validation, change control, test case development, technical validation and approvals using HP ALM and process management. Managed team of 12 testers, developers and QA analysts.
- Worked closely with Data Stewards and other subject experts to assess, measure, improve and report data quality metrics to various stakeholders.
- Providing project management and status reporting to upper management for analytic development and data mapping effort.
- Supervised team of 8 developers and 6 data analysts.
- Delivered multiple large data migration projects utilizing project management methodology to drive the project scope to completion despite numerous obstacles and unforeseen issues.
- Plan, develop and deliver various project documents including scope document, user specifications, BRD and test plan.
- Supporting risk modelling, scenario development and asset management functionality. Measured gaps in coverage and quality for data mapping effort.
- Developed strategy for implementation of business requirements utilizing existing resources on time and within budget.
- Validation of proper execution of action plans for MRIAs and MRAs raised by Confidential and Confidential, specific to Pre-Provision Net Revenue (PPNR) processes, Trading Risk and Loan Portfolio in conformance with the Confidential 's CCAR/DFAST/ICAAP Control Framework Standards.
Confidential, NY, NY
Vice President-Technology Manager
- Responsible for 40 TB Reference Data Repository (RDR) including the rationalization and Big Data re-engineering effort.
- Provided single source of risk related reference data to Confidential Global. Delivered on requirements for Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting System.
- Worked closely with data operations and market data vendors to deliver migration of 40 TB DWH.
- Accomplished project with enterprise significance (met 2 of the top 50 CIB objectives for 2013). Evaluated Hadoop, Teradata and IQ as architectural solutions for rapidly expanding DWH.
- Hands on manager of 11 employees.
- Delivered all business analysis, project management and reporting to program management.
Senior Analyst/Project Manager
- Established planning committee for consolidated single source data warehouse repository. Documented plans for single source market data repository for all of BP IST.
- Hands on SQL Coding, Database Object Design and data remediation
- Collaborated with business and technology while employing DATA MINING to verify issues and validate solutions
- Supported CAPITAL MARKETS trading platform and business users
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented multiple design changes in support of data warehouse and trading applications
- Supported CREDIT RISK and MARKET RISK platforms on behalf of BP
- Partnered with management to establish policies developing the authority of reference data team. Established data standards and methodologies for growing reference data organization.
- Evaluated Business Requirements for trading floor benches. Supported derivative trading and financing activity. Supported compliance with regulatory bodies including CME.
- Worked closely with business users to prepare design documents. These included BRD, Instrument Master Design (Functional) Specification, Validation Specification and Test Plan
- Data Aggregation and Regulatory Reporting Compliance System
- Provided support to Openlink Endur users. Worked directly with energy traders and analysts. Gathered requirements and created deliverable documents.
- Documented plans for single source market data source for all of BP IST including Goldensource, Eagle Pace, Eagle Star, Asset Control and Markit Cadis.
- Project Management in accordance with SDLC. Followed ITIL processes while participating on incident teams and SDLC procedures for projects.
Confidential, Washington DC
- Managed application changes to Confidential project in order to empower Confidential booking of mortgage servicing changes. Supported mortgage modification process and calculation of Loan Event, Cost Basis, Amortization and delta to existing loan system.
- Hands on SQL coding and application/database design in conformance with full lifecycle development process. Completed DATA MINING and ANALYSIS in order to verify data modelling, mapping and transformation
- Worked closely with CAPITAL MARKETS team to assure a well planned application change and implementation
- Interacted directly with representatives of the Performing Mortgage Loan System and the Troubled Loan System. Provided financial systems support to new cost basis items in compliance with FAS91 for the Confidential general ledger. Supported RISK MANAGEMENT team with data attributes needed to analyse company position data.
- Received data from upstream systems such as the National Servicer Organization and the Servicer Investor Report. Presented results to downstream systems such as Real Estate Owned and Amortization.
- Provided Business Cases after interviewing all stakeholders. Prepared Technical Spec Document and Business Requirements. Mapped all requirements and developed test documents using functional specifications.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Database Technology SME
- Designed and implemented prototype data warehouse. Assisted Confidential efforts to identify tax avoidance using Sybase IQ.
- Hands on development of SQL Scripts and Unix Shell scripts.
- Developed Test Cases and Use Cases. Analyzed results using DATA MINING techniques. Delivered all required documents in accordance with Project Management methodology.
- Architected connectivity between platforms Sybase, Oracle and SQL Server.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Consultant-Market Data Analyst
- Presented Request for Proposal (RFP) to market data vendors including Bloomberg, S&P, Moodys, Reuters and IDC.
- MANAGED RELATIONSHIPS with internal managers and market data vendors.
- Inventory and documentation of all market data feeds including reference data feed, securities pricing feed and portfolio analytics.
- Met with end users and vendors. Reviewed market data contracts.
- Negotiated price reductions from data vendors.
- Asset Management, Mutual Fund, Broker Dealer/warehouse, Wealth Management, Hedge Funds, Private Wealth Management, Registered Independent Advisors (RIA)
- Evaluated Thompson Beta and Wealth Station, Broadridge, Vestmark, Pershing, Blackrock Alladin, Advent Black Diamond
- Recommended service reductions to internal managers such as intraday pricing in favor of end of day pricing in order to realize cost savings.
- All Life Cycle and PM responsibilities completed in accordance with Agile methodology.