- 3 + years of working experience in software design, development, and coordination.
- Experience in Database development in MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 .
- Strong experience in creating database objects and writing complex queries on MS SQL Server
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence and ETL technologies such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in importing/exporting data between different sources like SQL Server, Access, Flat files, Excel etc. using SSIS.
- Expert in creating, configuring and fine - tuning ETL workflows designed in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used most of the transformations in the data flow task using SSIS.
- Experience in developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the data warehouse.
- Worked independently as part of a team for creating database objects in SQL server for new development projects for enhancements.
- Proficient in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Functions, User profiles, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity, SQL joins and Query Writing.
- Expert in creating and deploying SSRS reports on the portal for user accessibility.
- Experience in configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Exposure to development of scripts using Unix shell scripting.
- Worked in building the ETL process using stored procedures and UNIX shell scripts through scheduled batch process.
- Extensive experience in designing the Data models for OLTP & OLAP database system.
- Strong Data Modeling experience using ER diagram, Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema modeling, Snow-flake modeling.
- Knowledge in designing reports using Power BI and Tableau through training.
- Exposure to all types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor.
- Knowledge in Utilizing Power Query in Power BI to Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Knowledge in creating and developing Power BI reports and dashboards with data sources like SQL Server, Excel, CSV files, oracle and other services.
- Knowledge in using Table, Matrix, Bar, Card, Gauge, Slicers visualizations and custom Visualizations like multi slicer and Hierarchy slicer.
- Good knowledge on DAX expressions like filters, Aggregate, Mathematical Functions etc.
- Knowledge in creating calculated columns and measures using DAX Expression.
- Comfortable in working with filters, relationships and transformations of Edit Query section.
- Knowledge in using Power BI gateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Experience in Object oriented analysis, design/development methodologies.
- Strong skills in creation of shell scripts for reporting and file transfer.
- Significant experience working with clients, technical teams for executing concurrent multi-technology projects.
- Good ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts and technologies.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Good experience in project flow design and preparation of Detailed Technical Design document and Technical Specification Document.
- Managed multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to appropriately prioritize tasks as needed.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, analytic skills and strong ability to perform as part of a team.
- Self-starter and self-organizer and the ability to work in a high pressure fast paced environment
Tools /Methods: MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Report Services (SSRS), SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Power BI, Tableau, Microsoft Excel
DB and Languages: MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, TSQL
Scripting Tools: UNIX Shell Scripting
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
Other Skills: HTML, CSS, Microsoft Office tools, MS Access, notepad++, Data-modeling, Requirement Documentation, Technical Design Preparation, Project Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Project Planning and Estimation
- Worked in multiple projects for the team in design, creation and loading of new database models and enhancement of the internal applications in SQL Server.
- Designed and implemented the dimensional model, SSIS package configuration and ETL for the project in SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- Collected the business requirements from business team and prepared the requirement document coordinating with them.
- Analyzed the requirements and converted them to the technical design document.
- Worked on the normalization and de-normalization of data models to optimize the performance of reconciliation and reporting logics.
- Worked on the enhancement projects, analyzed and fixed the existing issues with the application in ETL and SQL jobs calling SSIS packages.
- Worked in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file to MS SQL Server by using SSIS services.
- Data Loaded in SQL Server 2008 using SSIS ETL and developed different packages in SSIS for the task.
- Analyzed the data requirement and created the database models in SQL Server.
- Developed SSIS packages to implement ETL involving multiple databases, data files, complex transforms, file transfers and control flows.
- Used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Worked in Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of Data Models and ETL process.
- Worked on the development requests for the Allocation - Reporting - Reconciliation applications.
- Created project specification, design and testing documentations and worked in database and process enhancement projects.
- Created database objects - Tables, Procedures, Functions, Triggers in SQL server as part of the project enhancements.
- Developed TSQL procedures and functions involving complex algorithms to create reports and generate data files for the downstream systems.
- Created SQL queries for the user requirements and helped the business teams when they needed urgent data from the central database.
- Designed, created and deployed SSIS packages for the ETL enhancements.
- Designed and developed multiple reports in SSRS and configured the schedules and delivery based on the requirement.
- Worked closely with the business team in gathering the requirements for developing the reports
- Coordinated with the application teams, vendor teams and support teams to fix the existing application issues and to enhance the functionalities.
- Within the short period, learned the application systems and worked in multiple enhancements and automation projects.
ETL Tools: MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Technologies: SQL Server 2008/2012, TSQL, Data Modeling
Tools: Visual Studio 2008/2012, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Office tools, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Worked as part of the Database team and involved in the database and ETL Development tasks.
- Developed various database components and SQL Queries on SQL Server for the reporting requirements.
- Created database objects like Tables, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors, Triggers etc. in coordination with the application development team.
- Designed and implemented ETL process and ETL enhancements for reporting projects for the client.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages for loading data from Source databases to Data Warehouse in SQL Server.
- Loaded data in Dimension Tables in SQL Server using SSIS Packages.
- Extensively used most of the SSIS transformations for the ETL process of new projects and enhancement of the existing projects.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export data from OLE DB Source, Flat files, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2008.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
- Created Data Models from data sources and defined the dimensions, levels and measures in the model.
- Worked in Unix environments and involved in modifying some of the legacy system reports in Unix.
- Implemented client reports using the scheduled UNIX jobs coded in shell scripts and SQL stored procedures.
- Created reports from Data Warehouse using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created complex stored procedures to generate reports using SSRS.
- Analyzed the business requirements and created the detailed technical requirements documents based on that.
- Debugged and fixed the issues in existing application components.
- Provided extensive pre-delivery support for bug fixing.
- Production support tasks including handling the user requests and bug fixes for the applications.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC for Designing & giving recommended approach to satisfy the requirements.
- Tuned complex Stored Procedures for faster execution and Developed database structures as per the requirements.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Technologies: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Data Modelling
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Visual Studio, MS Office Tools, MS Excel
- Involved in Design, Development, and Testing and Support phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Joining as a programmer trainee got trained in Database development with SQL/TSQL, ETL/BI tools -SSIS, SSRS and UNIX shell scripting.
- Worked in development projects and involved in Requirements gathering, Requirement analysis, defining scope, Design analysis, impact analysis, Integration and deployment.
- Created ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
- Developed database objects including tables, clusters, Indexes, views, sequences, packages, triggers and procedures as part of various projects.
- Involved in handling the changes in scripts and procedures per the database changes.
- Developed reports using complex queries for the client requirements and set up the FTP using shell scripts.
- Coded MS SQL packages and procedures to perform data loading, error handling and logging.
- Designed and developed transactional and analytical data structures.
- Debugged and modified software components.
- Created and modified several UNIX shell scripts as per the changing needs of the project and client requirements.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Databases: MS SQL 2008
Technologies: UNIX shell scripting, TSQL
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), MS Access, MS Excel