- Overall 10+ years of IT experience that includes 6+ Years of experience in design and development of Data warehousing projects using Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x
- Solid working experience in designing and developing mappings using various informatica transformations and creating workflows using workflow manager.
- Good working experience in production support, monitoring the ETL load process, deploying code to various environments.
- Experience in performance tuning of Informatica Sources, Targets, Mappings, Transformations & Sessions
- Worked on databases like Oracle, SQL server, Sybase.
- Experience in identifying query execution plan and improved the performance by modifying the queries.
- Working experience on Star Schema and Snowflake Schema methodologies and handling Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts to support and automate the ETL process.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts together with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.1 ( Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager), Informatica Data Integration Hub (DIH)10.0, SSIS
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Sybase, MS Access.
Miscellaneous Tools: TOAD, SQL*Plus, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
Continuous Integration: JIRA, IBM DEVOPS
Version control: SVN
General Software & Programming: .NET, SQL, PL/SQL .
Data Modeling: Erwin 5.0/4.0
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/98/XP/NT, UNIX (Redhat Linux, AIX,Solaris)
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. ETL consultant
- Gone through the business requirements and prepared mapping specifications.
- Used Informatica Power Center for extracting Source data and loading into staging tables
- Used mapping variables to filter data to extract the delta data.
- Extensively worked with Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor. Used Repository manager to create the deployment groups.
- Developed transformation logic and designed various Complex Mappings and Mapplets using the Designer
- Worked on various transformations like Source qualifier, Lookup, Aggregator, Expression, Router, Filter, Update Strategy and Stored Procedure.
- Used workflow monitor to monitor the running workflows and sessions.
- Reviewed bad record logs and resolved the data issues by applying transformation rules.
- Worked with pmcmd command to run the workflows from the Unix script
- Involved in INFA DIH POC to publish and subscribe the data
- Created auto pass through publications to transfer the data to downstream systems.
- Used TOAD to test, debug SQL and PL/SQL Scripts, packages, procedures, triggers, and function.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.0, Informatica Data Integration Hub (DIH), Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Oracle Solaris OS
Confidential, Chicago IL
Informatica ETL Developer
- Going through the business requirements documents to develop the technical specifications.
- Gone through the source xml schema definition files to understand the structure and validated the xml schema definition with the xml source file.
- Designed the etl mapping process flow to develop the mappings.
- Developed informatica ETL mappings to read the xml data from the MQ and loaded the data into ODS.
- Used transformations like MQ Source qualifier, xml parser, look up, expressions, router, aggregator, sorter, joiner in the mappings.
- Used mapping parameters to assign the default constant values which are used in the mappings.
- Created mappings to load various ODS tables as well as mappings to load data into policy, broker, transaction types, cause of loss, kind of loss, claim and loss ratio fact tables.
- Created reusable tasks and work flows in the work flow manager.
- Used sql override at the session level to run the workflow with different data for loading data into ad - hoc requested tables.
- Prepared test data into test ODS to claims data mart mappings.
- Unit tested and supported UAT testing.
- Prepared deployment documents to deploy the objects into target environment
- Involved in post production support as per the SLA
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5.1, Oracle 10g, MQ, XML, Windows, Redhat Linux
Informatica ETL Developer
- Attending design discussions to design the reusable components and to add the new features easily in the future
- Developed xml to staging mapping specifications
- Defined parameters and variables in the parameter files.
- Well commented the code.
- Designed and developed mappings to read flat file sources and generated XML files.
- Designed and developed predefined mappings to read DB data and generated XML files. This helps minimize the coding time when clients has relational OLTP sources.
- Involved in designing and developing mappings to read XML files and loading into staging tables.
- Designed and developed mappings to read from staging tables and loading to Dimension tables and fact table.
- Used XML source qualifier, source qualifier, expression, router, sorter, aggregator, lookup(connected, unconnected), mapplets.
- Used SQL Overrides where necessary to read the required data.
- Added content to the overall product design document
- Unit tested the developed code and fixed the issues identified while unit testing.
- Prepared documentation for the mappings developed so that the documentation can be incorporated into final product doc.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.0.1, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Flat Files, UNIX, Windows 2003/2005/2008.
Informatica ETL Developer
- Went through the requirements documents and designed technical documentation
- Analysis, Design and Development, testing of Informatica transformations and workflows for extracting the data from the multiple sources.
- Developed complex mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Lookup (connected and unconnected), Expression, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Update Strategy and Router transformations.
- Used Normalizer to read the data coming from Mainframe Cobol files.
- Created and defined parameters to define the required source and target DB connection values in the parameter file. Parameter files also used to define the source files path.
- Designed and Developed the Informatica tasks like session, decision task, and control tasks.
- Did query tuning by analyzing SQL Override SQL statements
- Worked with different Informatica tuning issues and fine-tuned the transformations to make them more efficient in terms of performance.
- Used session logs and workflow to debug sessions
- Created Unix script which runs the pmcmd command to execute the workflows
- Created jobs in tidal scheduler to all the unix script which internally runs the workflow
- Supported UAT while users performing the UAT
- Promoted objects from DEV to UAT environments.
- Involved in training support team on the project and informatica powercenter workflows
- Day to day support to answer supporting team.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.0.1, Oracle 10G, SQL, PL/SQL, Flat Files, MS Access, COBOL Files, UNIX (AIX), Tidal scheduler 5.
Confidential, Portland OR
Informatica ETL Developer
- Developed mappings to populate Reference data tables which provide codes and descriptions for dimension tables in the database.
- Developed mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Lookup, Expression, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Update Strategy and Router transformations.
- Implemented efficient and effective performance tuning procedures
- Fixed invalid Mapping’s, tested Stored Procedures and Functions, Unit Testing of Informatica Sessions, Workflows.
- Created Sessions, reusable Worklets in Workflow Manager
- Created workflows with session task, event wait, event raise, email, command and pre/post SQL.
- Worked on UNIX shell scripts. Developed UNIX shell scripts to run the pmcmd functionality to run the workflows
- Prepared run book to submit to support team
- Prepared SLA document to agree on both source files and target delivery to the reporting system
- Supported production runs after production deployment for the first few runs
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6, Oracle 9i/10G, Flat Files, Redhat Linux
- Involved in Analysis and Design, discussed with client requirements, prepared necessary specifications, prepared analysis and design documents.
- Developed and maintained the mainframe online systems.
- Migration of applications from CSP V3.3 to CSP V4.1 and CICS/ESA TO CICS TS FOR S/390
Environment: VS COBOL-II, CICS, DB2, VSAM and JCL, XPEDITER, MF-Revolve/2000
- Analyzing existing COBOL programs and created system documents.
- Development and Unit testing for COBOL and FOCUS components.
- Worked on JCL, SORT steps and PROC for batch applications.
- Reviewing of Programs, Test plans and Test Results.
Environment: MVS, COBOL, JCL, DB2, FOCUS.