- 5+ years of experience in working as Database developer in database such as MYSQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- 1+ year of experience in Big Data and NoSQL database developer like MongoDB.
- Hands on experience in BI Best Practices/Methodologies, Relational structures, Dimensional data modeling, and Structured query language (SQL) skills.
- Deep understanding of OLAP, OLTP and Data Warehouse (DWH) architecture concepts.
- Hands on experience in relational databases and ETL/data integration concepts.
- Hands on experience in the design, development and deployment of ETL using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extensive knowledge of developing various types of reports using SQL Server reporting Service (SSRS).
- Experience in MongoDB document based data base system, and, none relational data modeling, and CRUD operations.
- Extensive knowledge of various MongoDB database design patterns and physical architectures for different use cases.
- Extensive knowledge with MongoDB Replica sets - multi node production in a sharded cluster.
- Experienced in working through the software development life cycle on the Waterfall model and very knowledgeable of the Agile SDLC model.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, goal-oriented, resourceful and innovative team player.
- Excellent team spirit and leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Databases: SQL server R 2/2012/2014/2016, MYSQL, and MongoDB 3.6/4.0
Programming Languages: SQL, Java Script, PHP, Python, C++
Databases Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, Power BI Desk Top, NoSQL Manager for MongoDB, MongoDB Compass, and Studio 3T.
ETL Tools: SQL server Integration services (SSIS), Import /Export (DTS)
Reporting and Analytical Tools: SQL server reporting services (SSRS), Report Builder, SQL server Analysis services (SSAS).
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Map source system data to data warehouse models.
- Designed SSIS packages to extract data from various data sources and load the data to staging tables.
- Develop SSIS packages to extract data from an SFTP server.
- Involved in the Migration of Data from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012
- Developed SSIS package that maps data from multiple source tables and merges only unique records to a production table with incremental load.
- Perform data cleanliness, logic consistency, and result accuracy as per client’s requirement.
- Used different transformations like Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join, Aggregate, Fuzzy Grouping etc. for creating different SSIS packages.
- Assist a reporting team optimizing the ETL process to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Engaged in application design and schema less data modeling team discussions for big data in MongoDB environment.
- Design, build and maintain Big Data ETL workflows/pipelines to extract, transform and load data from relational SQL server to a MongoDB test sever using ODBC connector.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Work with business requirements analysis to identify and solve business problems.
- Design, Develop and test ETL (extraction, transformation, and load) processes using SSIS.
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
- Implement stored procedures and effectively query a database.
- Excellent experience with effective teamwork in an Agile team setting.
- Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution.
- Provide support and fix issues in the packages.
- Used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, and data integrity.
Backend Web Developer
- Part of the code development team to the Integration of user-interface elements with server side logic.
- Working with the development team to iteratively determine the best way to meet project goals in a timely, robust and scalable manner.
- Give design recommendations for database functions that meet business operating standards while improving the efficiency of business processes.
- Developing and customizing Content Management System (CMS) and deployment.
- Designed the database architecture for client projects.
- Developed Data Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams and Data Structure Diagrams.
- Ensured availability and security for database in a production environment.
- Involved in debugging and testing of software modules, documentation, code reviews with other engineers.