- In - depth knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle(SDLC) including Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Implementation, and Maintenance.
- Experience in ETL tools such as Informatica Power Center, Informatica Power Exchange, Big data manager and SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS)
- Experience working with Data Virtualization tools(COMPOSITE).
- Solid understanding of Database,Datamart,Datawarehouse,Data Modelling concepts such as Logical,Physical models,Star schema, Snow flakes schema,Fact and Dimension tables.
- Hands-on experience with several SQL databases including Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, Teradata,XML files, CSV files and flat files and NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Knowledge in Hadoop, Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Hands on experience in HiveSQL, Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain.
- Proven understanding with Hadoop,Spark SQL, Hive, Pig, HBase and Kafka
- Designing Stored procedures involving complex JOINS,Conditional and CASE statements,Nested queries,Exception handling etc.,.
- Hands-on experience developing active script tasks using VB.NET
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and Performance tunning techniques
- Knowledge in programming languages such as Python and Ruby.
- Experience in working on cloud Platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS
- Scheduling and Automating ETL jobs using Autosys.
- Experience working with SOAP(XML) and REST(JSON) web services.
- Experience with Version control systems such as GIT and SVN
- Experience in CI/CD with tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience using Reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Data Visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Performing ETL system Testing using the DTF(Data Testing Frameworks)
- Experience working with database client tools such as SSMS, Toad, Agnityworkbench, Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Experience working in Waterfall environment as well as Agile methodology.
- Passionate about learning new technologies, team player and a quick learner
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.1, SQL Server Integration Services 2008 R2 and 2012,2014
Databases: Oracle11g/12C,MSSQLServer 2005/2008/2012, Nettezza,Teradata,MongoDB, Cassandra
Database programming: PL/SQL and T-SQL
Version Control Systems: GIT, SVN,CVS,TFS
Programming languages: Python and Ruby,Java,PHP, C#,VB.NET
Agile Environment tools: Jira, Rally, Kanbanize
Other tools: Autosys, Toad, SSMS, Agnity Work bench,Teradata SQL Assistant
Sr. ETL Developer
- Designing ETL SSIS packagesfor the migration of data from Netezza to MS SQL Sever and MS SQL Server to Azure.
- Working with Containers like For Loop, For each loop, Sequence containers in Control Flow
- Implementing various control flow tasks such as Data flow,Execute SQL, Bulk Insert, Script Task,Send Mail,XML,File system etc.,
- Working with several data flow tasks such as Aggregate,Conditional Split,Derived Column,Lookup,Merge,Merge Join, Multicast,Row count,Sort,Slowly changing dimensions,Union All etc.,
- Creating Event handlers such as OnError,OnProgress,OnPreExecute etc.,
- Creating Package Configurations, Variables and expressions in order to make the Package dynamic.
- Handled slowly changing dimensions (SCD) type 2 in order to maintain the history of the data.
- Involved in Performed tuning and optimization of slow running packages.
- Creating Indexes to optimize performance of T-SQL queries and created Views to reduce complexity of end user.
- Generating BAT files, JIL files, Configuring and Scheduling jobs using Autosys on Daily/Weekly basis.
- Deploying packages to file-system, MS SQL server, SSIS package store.
- Designed new reports and wrote technical documentation, gathered requirements, analyzed data, developed and built SSRS reports.
- Generated various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports and Matrix reports using SSRS.
- Working in Agile Environment, JIRA is used to track the progress.
- Interacted with vendors, developers and customers to manage the business requirements.
- Involved in meetings with SME’s to gather business requirements and to analyze source system data.
- Develop detailed technical specifications and mapping design documents in collaboration with data warehouse architect and SME’s.
- Using Informatica Power center tools - Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor etc.,
- Developing complex Informatica mappings such as Unconnected Lookup, joiner, Rank, Source Qualifier, Sorter, Aggregator,Router,Sequence generator,transformations to extract, transform and load the data to the targets
- Working with Normalizer transformation to load COBOL data sources.
- Creating Mapping variables and mapping parameters.
- Modified existing and developed new ETL programs, transformations, indexes, data staging areas, summary tables, and data quality routine based upon redesign activities.
- Involved in performance tunning of mappings and fixing bottle necks for the processes which are already running in the production.
- Developing shell scripts for Informatica Pre-Session, Post-Session Scripts.
- Knowledge on Incremental loadings, Commit Intervals,Session properties, Look up caches etc.,
- Increasing the performance of sessions by Partitioning.
- Production support - Monitoring and troubleshooting ETL jobs on Weekly basis.
SQL Server/ ETL Developer
Environment: Oracle12c,Toad,SQL, SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio(BIDS) VERSIONS 2012,SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS),SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS),Autosys, GitHUB,Kanbanize.
- Developed complex T-SQL code such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes and views for the application.
- Designed User Defined Functions (UDFs) Views,Common table Expressions (CTE) using T-SQL
- Used different types of Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables & calculations from different databases.
- Created SSIS package to load data from XML Files and SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 by using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Coded VB.net and C# scripts using script task to meet complex functionality requirements.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Performed operations like Data reconciliation, validation and error handling after Extracting data into SQL Server.
- Developed Unit Test Plans for SSIS packages for checking the functionality of each component.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent
- Generating reports using SSRS report builder and Report designer.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters Debugging Parameter Issues Matrix Reports and Charts.
- Generated and formatted Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Experience with high volume datasets from various sources like SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Flat Files.
- Write complex SQL queries for validating the data against different kinds of reports.
- Performance tuning on sources, targets mappings and SQL (Optimization) tuning.
- Created mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions Type 1 and Type 2 to implement business logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
- Developed mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup (connected and unconnected), Filter, Router, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations, Java transformation using Informatica Power Center.
- Experienced in writing Unix Shell Scripts for different purposes such as scheduling jobs and moving the files from remote server to local informatica server.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Participated in daily status meetings and conducting internal and external reviews as well as formal walk through among various teams and documenting the proceedings.
Jr. ETL Developer
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Integration Services(SSIS),SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), MsAccess2007, Windows Server 2003.
- Design mappings and perform Extraction, Transformation and Load of source data into data warehouse by using various transformations such as lookups, unions, aggregations, filter, router and source qualifier to meet the requirements.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Created mappings which involved Slowly Changing Dimensions, implementation of Business Logic and capturing the deleted records in the source systems.
- Reviewed and analyzed functional requirements, mapping documents, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Document data models in ERWIN and evaluate target tables for fact / dimensional structure.
- Troubleshoot data anomalies in data warehouse by finding source of data elements in an environment where mappings, sessions, stored procedure transformations, SQL overrides and changes in source or access to objects present a challenge for finding data lineage
- Use of DDL commands to create or modify database objects and issue grants to roles and schema owners; give direction to database admins on how to resolve access to objects.
- Work overnight for software releases to ensure the appropriate installation and verification of software to production.