- Successfully Implemented TDM End to End in Confidential.
- Successfully Implemented ETL - Data Subset in Confidential
- Strong skills in Data Requirement Analysis and Data Subset/Masking using Informatica TDM 10.1
- Extensively worked on data extraction, Transformation and loading data from various sources like Oracle, DB2, Mainframe Sequential/VSAM files, Copybook, MY SQL, NOSQL, LDAP, SQL Server and Flat files.
- Responsible for all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Strong experience in ETL using Informatica Power Center 10.1/cloud, Talend and Data stage 9.3.
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Extensive experience in ETL design, development and maintenance using Oracle SQL, Informatica Power Center v10.1.
- Well versed in developing the complex SQL queries, unions and multiple table joins
- Business Data Analysis using Tableau 9.3 and above
- Leveraged UNIX shell scripting and Autosys for scheduling workflows.
- Experienced at Creating effective Test data and development thorough Unit test cases to ensure successful execution of the data.
- Managed a team of 9 and have good experience with onshore-offshore working model (HOTO).
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills using tools like Visio and PowerPoint.
Data warehousing Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.6/10.1, Talend, Data stage 9.3
Data Masking Tools: Informatica DDM 9.5/9.6/10.1, Informatica ILM TDM v 9.5/ 9.6/10.1
Data Visualization Tools: Tableau 9.3/10.1
Billing: Amdocs DDP and CES, CSG
Databases: Oracle10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MySQL, LDAP, Salesforce, Mongo DB, IBM Db2 and Firebase Real-time database
Mobile Platform: Android 4.x and above
Programming GU: SQL, NOSQL, Java, HTML and UNIX Shell Scripting
Tools: /Utilities: Oracle SQL Developer, SQL server management studio, Jxplorer, Eclipse, Attunity studio, Sublime Text, Toad Data point and Notepad++
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS High Sierra, Cent OS, and Ubuntu
Editors: Notepad++, Oxygen XML and Atom
Confidential, Weehawken, NJ
Informatica Architect & Lead Developer
- Install and maintain Informatica Power center / TDM and Power Exchange in RHEL.
- Gather the mainframe sequential file/ VSAM copybooks from the application owner
- Import the copybooks, Create and export the data map to remote node
- Import the data map into Power center/TDM
- Create the masking logic (rules/mapplets) in accordance with the business requirements
- Create and maintain Masking workflows / Plan and execute them successfully
- Fix the issues and workflow failures
- Create JIL and schedule the power center workflows using Autosys
- Monitor and fix the power center job failures
- Create connections to DB2 database in accordance to the company standards
- Import the DB2 metadata into Power center/ TDM
- Analyze the table level relationship using data models and data domains
- Create Entities and groups in accordance to subset requirements
- Create Plan and generate/execute workflows successfully in TDM
- Fix the TDM job failures
- Create and maintain the Autosys schedule for data subset
- Create python script to create the Autosys JIL
- Manage and co-ordinate the team of 9 in USA /India
- Enable and manage concurrent workflow executions
- Utilized transformations like lookup, joiner, rank, data masking, router, SQL
- Improved the performance by using the full push down optimization
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Production Data Subsetting
- Install and maintain Informatica Power center in Cent OS /Unix
- Create and maintain stages using Data stage parallel job / sequence job.
- Migrate data stage mappings to power center repository.
- Analyze snowflake dimensional models and develop load plan
- Worked with multiple ETL sources like oracle sql database, MS SQL Server, NOSQL, Salesforce, Flat files, CSV, XML, Excel, PDF and LDAP
- Configuring Power Exchange to access Active Directory (LDAP) and HP Non-Stop SQL DB
- Took advantage of Linux Cron Jobs to schedule the data extraction scripts
- Data Cleanup and refresh the lower environment in regular intervals
- Analyzed and communicated ETL development issues, including problems with data integrity, data design, and functional and technical issues
- Performed data quality analysis, gathered information to determine data sources, data targets, data definitions, data relationships, and documented business rules
- Created transformations and mappings using Informatica v9 Power center to move data from multiple sources into targets
- Created ETL transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier Transformations in the Informatica v9 designer
- Integrated various data sources of Oracle, SQL server, CSV and sequential files into staging area
- Performed analysis, design, and programming of ETL processes
- Created source to target mappings, edit rules and validation, transformations, and business rules. Analyzed client requirements and designed the ETL Informatica mapping in PC /B2B
- Generated Graphs on the Data utilization, total amount of data exists in the db using PHP Scripts
- Generate mapping in Informatica cloud to move data between different instances of salesforce
Business Intelligence - Data Analyst
- Generated multiple reports using Tableau Desktop & Online
- Designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Coordinates testing of designed applications.
- Assignments include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Data Migration - Informatica Developer
- Responsible for Business Analysis and Requirements Collection.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed and customized data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository Manager.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL override.
- Created mapplets to use them in different mappings.
- Developed mappings to load into staging tables and then to Dimensions and Facts.
- Used existing ETL standards to develop these mappings.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, worklets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Used Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD mappings to update slowly Changing Dimension Tables.
- Completely replaced SQL* loader to load data from flat files to the database tables in Oracle with the help of Power center.
- Modified existing mappings for enhancements of new business requirements.
- Used Debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Wrote UNIX shell Scripts & PMCMD commands for FTP of files from remote server and backup of repository and folder.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, target, mappings, sessions, and system levels.
- Prepared migration document to move the mappings from development to testing and then to production repositories.