- Total 11+ years of IT experience in multiple tools and technologies.
- Around 5 years of experience in ETL, Data Integration and Data Warehousing using Informatica, Teradata and Oracle technologies.
- Worked in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), starting from requirement gathering, analysis, design, testing, debugging, implementation, post implementation support and maintenance.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and good knowledge in PL/SQL programming and writing stored procedures.
- Knowledge of using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to derive the data using the expression language and loading data using various transformations.
- Knowledge on reporting tools like Tableau for data blending, connection with cubes, creating views, stories, waterfall charts and histograms.
- Good experience in Data warehousing applications, responsible for Extraction, cleansing, Transformation and Loading of data from various sources to the data warehouse.
- Strong experience with Informatica tools - Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformations Developer, Informatica Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Designed Informatica mappings/sessions using Transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Filter, Expression, Update strategy, SQL transformation, Normalizer etc.
- Create mappings using reusable components like worklets, mapplets using other reusable transformations.
- Experience in Integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files, DB2 and XML Files.
- Experience in using Informatica tool on implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD).
- Developed comprehensive models for managing and communicating the relationships between Base Objects and Performed the ETL process for loading the data into hub.
- Comfortable with both technical and functional applications of RDBMS, Data Mapping, Data Management, Data transportation and Data Staging.
- Good knowledge of Full Life Cycle Design and development for building data warehouse.
- Involved creating the tables in Teradata and setting up the various environments like DEV and PROD.
- Having experience in working with both 3NF and dimensional models for data warehouse and good understanding of OLAP/OLTP systems.
- Ability to work with limited resources, capable of multi-tasking, planning works around concurrent and time sensitive deliveries
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly understand business needs.
- Excellent Documentation and Process Management skills with an ability to effectively understand the business requirements to develop a quality product within deadlines.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Target Analyzer, Mapping & Mapplet
- Designer and Transformation Designer
- Extracted data from different sources to Staging Area and loaded the data to the target database by
- ETL process using Informatica Power Center.
- Performed the performance tuning at source, Target levels using Indexes, created instances and
- Partitioning in Informatica.
- Investigating and fixing the bugs occurred in the production environment and providing the on-call support.
- Performed Unit testing and maintained test logs and test cases for all the mappings.
- Maintained warehouse metadata, naming standards and warehouse standards for future application development.
- Parsing high-level design specification to simple ETL coding along with mapping standards.
- Created mappings and sessions to implement technical enhancements for data warehouse by
- Extracting data from sources like Oracle and Delimited Flat files.
- Development of ETL using Informatica 9.6 and 10.2.
- Prepared various mappings to load the data into different stages like Staging and Target tables and also to generate the files for downstream.
- Developed Workflows using task developer, worklet designer, and workflow designer in Workflo
- Manager and monitored the results using workflow monitor.
- Created various tasks like Session, Command, Timer and Event wait.
Confidential - IN
- Responsible for requirements gathering for an enhancement requested by client. Involved in analysis and implementation.
- Designed, Developed and Build Informatica Power Center Mappings and Workflows using Teradata External Loaders.
- Generated queries using SQL to check for consistency of the data in the tables and to update the tables as per the requirements.
- Development & Implementation of a data warehousing project and production support for enhancements and maintenance.
- Created Primary Indexes (PI) for both planned access of data and even distribution of data across all the available AMPS.
- Created appropriate Teradata NUPI for smooth (fast and easy) access of data.
- Involved in Performance tuning for sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Worked on Informatic Power Center tools - Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in full life cycle development including Design, ETL strategy, troubleshooting Reporting, and Identifying facts and dimensions
- Environment: Teradata 14.10/13.x/12.x, Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, SQL Server 2012/2008, UNIX, Flat Files Oracle 11g, Toad.
- Involved in analysis of source systems, business requirements and identification of business rule and responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL process using Informatica PC.
- Involved in informatica Upgrades process from one version to other versions.
- Created / updated ETL design documents for all the Informatica components changed.
- Extracted data from heterogeneous sources like oracle, DB2, XML, Flat File and perform the data validation and cleansing in staging area then loaded in to Data Warehouse Teradata using Teradata Utilities & Informatica.
- Written Teradata BTEQ, M-LOAD, and F-LOAD also used TPT in Informatica.
- Created Informaticatransformations/mapplets/mappings/tasks/worklets/workflows using Power Center to load the data from source to stage and stage to core/base.
- Made use of various Power Center Designer transformations like Source Qualifier, Connected and Unconnected Lookups, Expression, Filter, Router, Sorter, Aggregator, Joiner, Rank, Router, Sequence generator, Union and Update Strategy transformations while creating mapplets/mappings.
- Made use of reusable Informatica transformations, shared sources and targets.
- Used Mapping parameters & Variables.
- Implemented various loads like daily loads, weekly loads, and quarterly loads and on demand load using Incremental loading strategy and concepts of changes Data Capture (CDC).
- Identified performance issues in existing sources, targets and mappings by analyzing the data flow, evaluating transformations and tuned accordingly for better performance.
- Created mappings for Type1, Type2 slowly changing dimensions (SCD) / complete refresh mappings.
- Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, IDQ, Oracle 10g, Sql Server, Teradata 14.0, Flat File, XML, UNIX shell scripting.