- Having around 5 years of strong Data Warehousing experience using Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x (Source Analyzer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation developer) with Oracle, DB2, Teradata and MS SQL databases.
- Extensive experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data using Informatica from heterogeneous sources.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, design, development, testing, Production, and support for production environment.
- Created complex mappings that involved implementation of Business Logic to load data in to staging area.
- Solid expertise in upgrading Informatica and MDM.
- Extensive experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading ( ETL) data from various sources using IBM Websphere DataStage, Ascential DataStage. Worked on DataStage client tools like DataStage Designer, DataStage Director and DataStage Administrator .
- Used Informatica reusability at various levels of development.
- Developed mappings/sessions using Informatica Power Center for data loading.
- Performed data manipulations using various Informatica Transformations like Filter, Expression, Lookup (Connected and Un - Connected), Aggregate, Update Strategy, Normalizer, Joiner, Router, Sorter and Union.
- Developed Workflows using task developer, worklet designer and workflow designer in workflow manager and monitored the results using workflow monitor.
- Building Reports according to user Requirement.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension methodology for accessing the full history of accounts.
- Optimizing performance tuning at source, target, mapping and session level.
- Participated in weekly status meetings, and conducting internal and external reviews as well as formal walk through among various teams and documenting the proceedings.
- Created mappings and sessions to implement technical enhancements for data warehouse by extracting data from sources like XML, Teradata and Delimited Flat files. Created UNIX Shell scripts for Informatica post and pre session operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively while working as a team member as well as individually.
- Experience in working in an onsite-offshore structure and effectively coordinated tasks between onsite and offshore teams .
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/8.x/7.x, Power Exchange, Informatica Data Quality, IDE, B2B Data Transformation Studio.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2008, MS-Access, Teradata
BI Reporting Tools: Dashboards, Micro Strategy, BI Publisher, BI Administration.
Data Modeling Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Visio and UML.
Web: Oracle Apex, Microsoft Front-page, HTML and XML.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, UNIX, Linux.
Scheduling Tools: Autosys 11, Crontab, Tivoli, Tidal
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Informatica ETL Developer
- Worked on the Business teams (upstream and downstream) to gather the future project related requirements.
- Designed the data flow in ETL and database between various Informatica transformations and different databases.
- Worked on the ETL Specs document by managing the data modeler tools for Oracle Database.
- Created Dimension tables and Fact tables across the Schemas in Development, QA and Prod Environments.
- Strong experience in Informatica and MDM Operation Resiliency and Disaster Recovery.
- Worked with MDM Architect to create roadmap for Customer MDM
- Loaded data to MDM Base tables.
- Worked on the ETL Informatica Mapping, Mapplets, Sessions and Workflows as per the ETL Specification document.
- Reviewing and validating the code developed by other ETL resources and publishing in Stack Repository.
- Providing and delivering the data as required by BI teams like Oracle OBIEE, and Micro Strategy teams.
- Scheduling the jobs in scheduler tool like, Stone Branch, Active Batch and Control -M as per the business requirement.
- Creating the SFTP profile setup to open a SFTP site for various upstream and downstream teams to deliver/send the files securely.
- Accessing the Power exchange tool to verify/validate the content in Mainframe files to initiate the batch process.
- Maintaining or Creating the Disaster Recovery (DR) Plans to secure and regenerate the data warehouse data.
- Organizing and Maintaining the database for lower and upper environments and corresponding UNIX Servers.
- Responding/ Resolving the Incidents raised by other teams to BIDW/ARDW team in timely manner.
- Implemented the File validation techniques, Session Control, Batch Load and Audit control mechanisms by creating the Informatica mappings and developed well organized architecture in lower and upper environments.
- Responding to Third Party Audit Company raised questions/Ad hoc requests by providing the sample data with the complex SQL/PLSQL queries and stored Procedures.
- Creating the basic-intermediate UNIX shell scripts to generate the parameter files dynamically and invoke the workflows.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6, MDM, Micro strategy Reporting tool, UNIX, Power Exchange, Citrix Receiver, Oracle 11g, SQL d eveloper, PL/SQL developer, Oracle APEX, Active Batch Job Scheduler, UNIX shell scripting, GITHUB, SVN, Informatica Power Center Repository Manager
Confidential, Houston, TX
Informatica ETL Developer
- Designed and developed complex mappings by using lookup, expression, update, sequence generator, aggregator, router, etc., transformations to implement complex logics while coding a mapping.
- Worked in requirement analysis, ETL design and development for extracting data from the Oracle DB.
- Actively involved in Analysis phase of the business requirement and design of the Informatica mappings. Performed data cleansing activities to ensure high quality Cognos report deliveries.
- Developed and maintained ETL (extract, transformation and loading) mappings to extract the data from multiple source systems like oracle, sql Developer, sql server and flat files and loaded into oracle.
- Developed Informatica workflows and sessions associated with the mappings using workflow manager.
- Created sessions, reusable worklets and workflows in Workflow Manager Used Event wait to trigger the file and run the process.
- Analyzed Session Log files in case the session failed to resolve errors in mapping or session configurations.
- Used Debugger to test the data flow and fix the mappings.
- Responsible for testing, modifying, debugging, documenting and implementation of Informatica mappings.
- Performed unit and integration testing and written test case.
- Debug through session logs and fix issues utilizing database for efficient transformation of data.
- Extracted data from different databases like oracle and external source systems like flat files using ETL tool.
- Developed mapplets, reusable transformations, source and target definitions, mappings in Informatica.
- Generated queries using sql to check for consistency of the data in the tables and to update the tables as per the business requirements.
- Migrated the ETL -Workflows, Mappings and sessions to QA and Production Environment.
- Created documents that have the detail explanation of the mappings, test cases and the expected results and the actual results.
- Good understanding of source to target data mapping and business rules associated with the ETL processes.
Environment: Informatica Powercenter 9.6.1/9.5.1 , Informatica Data Quality, Oracle 11g, Sql Server 2012, XML/HL7/delimited Files, Toad for Oracle 11, Windows Server, Batch Scripting, dynamic deployment groups, Informatica Scheduler.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems into target database.
- Mappings, Sessions, Workflows from Development to Test and then to UAT environment.
- Developed Informatica Mappings and Reusable Transformations to facilitate timely Loading of Data of a STAR SCHEMA.
- Developed the Informatica Mappings by usage of Aggregator, SQL overrides usage in Lookups, source filter usage in Source qualifiers, and data flow management into multiple targets using Router.
- Involved in creating and maintaining various database objects like SQL Joins, synonyms and aggregate conditions and worked on various databases and their connectivity from various parts of the Source Systems.
- Involved in extracting the data from the Flat Files and other RDMS databases into staging area and pro-actively involved in Storage of data.
- Created Sessions and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement and loading into data warehouse.
- Provide support to Business Objects enterprise environment.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Router and Aggregator to create robust mappings in the Informatica PowerCenter Designer.
- Preparing Business Objects-Database mapping document.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Migrated Mappings, Sessions, Workflows from Development to Test and then to Production environment and development.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, ETL, Business objects Oracle, DB2, PL/SQL, SQL Server, Windows Server.