- Over 10+ years of experience in Information Technology as an ETL Developer, experience in all phases of life cycle of Requirement Analysis, Fun.ctional Analysis, Design, Development, implementation, Testing, Debugging, Productions Support, and Maintenance of various Data Warehousing Applications.
- Experience in designing and development of ETL Methodology using Informatica PowerCenter 9.6.1/9.0.1 /8. x, Informatica PowerExchange 9.6.1/9.0.1 , and Informatica DataQuality 9.6.1.
- Experience in creating Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets and Data marts and Data warehouse.
- Expert in performance tuning of Informatica mappings, identifying source and target bottlenecks.
- Experience in Bill Inmon and Kimball data warehouse design and implementation methodologies
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, E - R modeling, developing Database Schemas (Star schema and Snowflake schema) used in relational and dimensional modeling.
- Extensive Experience in integration of various data sources like ORACLE 12c/11g/10g, Teradata 14/13, Netezza, UDB DB2, Mainframes, SQL server 2012, SAP, Sybase, Informix, MySQL, Flat Files, MQ series and XML, Flat files
- Experience on Informatica Cloud Integration for Amazon Redshift and S3
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Type 1 and Type 2 for initial and history load using Informatica .
- Expert in Performance tuning, troubleshooting, Indexing and partitioning techniques on Sources, Targets, Mappings and Workflows in Informatica .
- Expertise in Teradata utilities like Multi Load, Fast Load, Fast Export, BTEQ, TPUMP, TPT and tools like SQL Assistant, Viewpoint
- Well-versed in tuning Teradata ETL queries, remediating excessive statistics, resolving spool space issues, applying compression for space reclamation etc.
- Proficient in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Lineage Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch
- Extensive experience in Data analysis, ETL Techniques, MD5 logic for loading CDC.
- Experienced in writing UNIX shell scripts, SQL Loader, Procedures/Functions, Triggers and Packages.
- Superior SQL skills and ability to write and interpret complex SQL statements and also mentor developers on SQL optimization and ETL debugging and performance tuning
- Exposure of end to end SDLC and Agile methodology
- Skilled in creating & maintaining ETL Specification Documents, Use Cases, Source to target mapping, Requirement Traceability Matrix, performing Impact Assessment and providing Effort estimates, deployment artifacts
- Worked many years in onsite offshore model. Provided technical design leadership to ensure the efficient use of offshore resources and the selection of appropriate design, ETL/CDC logic.
- Extensive experience of providing IT services in Healthcare, and Banking industries.
- Strong Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS, HBaase, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, NoSQL etc.)
- Possess excellent communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and with the Team
Confidential - Seattle, WA
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Co-ordination from various business users' stakeholders and SME to get Functional expertise, design and business test scenarios review, UAT participation and validation of data from multiple sources.
- Defined and developed brand new standard design patterned, ETL frameworks, Data Model standards guidelines and ETL best practices
- Provided technical design leadership to this project to ensure the efficient use of offshore resources and the selection of appropriate ETL/CDC logic.
- Performed detailed data investigation and analysis of known data quality issues in related databases through SQL
- Actively involved in Analysis phase of the business requirement and design of the Informatica mappings.
- Performed data validation, data profiling, data auditing and data cleansing activities to ensure high quality Cognos report deliveries
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Type 1 and Type 2 for initial and history load using Datastage.
- Used various transformations of Informatica, such as Source Qualifier Transformation, Expression Transformation, Look-up transformation, Update Strategy transformation, Filter transformation, Router transformation, Joiner transformation etc. for developing Informaticamappings.
- Developed Informatica mappings for TYPE 2 Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Era data utilizes like BTEQ, FASTLOAD, MLOAD, and FASTEXPORT.
- Created sessions and work-flows for the Informatica mappings.
- Heavily used Informatica Cloud integration using Amazon Redshift connector and integrated data form various sources
- Configured sessions for different situations including incremental aggregation, pipe-line partitioning etc.
- Created mappings with different look-ups like connected look-up, unconnected look-up, Dynamic look-up with different caches such as persistent cache etc.
- Created various Mapplets as part of mapping design.
- Involved in writing Oracle stored procedures and functions for calling during the execution of Informatica mapping or as Pre-or Post-session execution.
- Created effective Test Cases and performed Unit and Integration Testing to ensure the successful execution of data loading process.
- Documented Mappings, Transformations and Informatica sessions.
- Analyzed Session Log files in case the session failed to resolve errors in mapping or session configurations.
- Involved in designing the ETL testing strategies for functional, integration and system testing for Data warehouse implementation.
- Extensively involved in testing by writing some QA procedures, for testing the target data against source data.
- Worked on Data Profiling, Data standardization, error handling and exception handling.
- Worked on Merge, match and reference table to find duplicate and generate report.
- Written Unix shell scripts for file manipulation, ftp and to schedule workflows.
- Co-ordinated offshore team on daily basis to leverage faster development.
Confidential - Brooklyn, NY
- Participated in the Design Team and user requirement gathering meetings.
- Extensively used Informatica Designer to create and manipulate source and target definitions, mappings, Mapplets, transformations, re-usable transformations.
- Created different source definitions to extract data from flat files and relational tables for Informatica Power Center.
- Used Star Schema approach for designing of database for the data warehouse
- Developed a standard ETL framework to enable the reusability of similar logic across the board.
- Created different target definitions using warehouse designer of Informatica Power center.
- Created different transformations such as Joiner Transformations, Look-up Transformations, Rank Transformations, Expressions, Aggregators and Sequence Generator.
- Created stored procedures, packages, triggers, tables, views, synonyms, and test data in Oracle.
- Extracted source data from Oracle, SQL Server, Flat files, and XML files using Informatica, and loaded into Netezza target Database.
- Extensively transformed the existing PL/SQL scripts into stored procedures to be used by Informatica Mappings with the help of Stored Procedure Transformations.
- Used PL/SQL whenever necessary inside and outside the mappings.
- Created Models based on the dimensions, levels and measures required for the analysis.
- Validate the data in warehouse and data marts after loading process balancing with source data.
- Created, launched & scheduled sessions.
- Fixed Performance issue in Informatica mappings.
- Teradata utilizes like BTEQ, FASTLOAD, MLOAD, and FASTEXPORT.
- Customized Unix shell scripts for file manipulation, ftp and to schedule workflows.
- Created design specification which includes BI dependency plan, job scheduling and cycle management documents
- Worked closely with the business analyst's and Production Support to resolve any JIRA issue.
- Co-ordinated offshore team on daily basis to leverage faster development.
Confidential - St. Louis, MO
- Developed internal and external Interfaces to send the data in regular intervals to Data warehouse systems.
- Extensively used Power Center to design multiple mappings with embedded business logic.
- Involved in discussion of user and business requirements with business team.
- Performed data migration in different sites on regular basis.
- Involved in upgrade of Informatica from 9.1 to 9.5.
- Portfolio Management Enhancement: Analyzed/developed business requirement, designed/created database and processes to load data from Broad ridge using Informatica, SQL Server etc.; fixed defects; Wrote complicate stored procedures to generate data for PM web reports.
- Created complex mappings using Unconnected Lookup, Sorter, and Aggregator and Router transformations for populating target tables in efficient manner.
- Attended the meetings with business integrators to discuss in-depth analysis of design level issues.
- Provide work Bucket hour estimation and budgeting for each story (agile process) and communicate status to PM.
- Was responsible for Performance Tuning at the transformation Level and Session level.
- Creation of tables, packages, mappings, batch jobs, roles and users in Informatica MDM Hub.
- Worked with business users and analysts to understand the requirements for mastering the data obtained from various sources and loading the golden records to the target MDM database.
- Involved in MDM Design and Developmental activities.
- Added new sources to the existing MDM implementation.
- Experienced in creating and configuring Address Doctor, Identity Match reference data components for MDM Hub & Cleanse Server(s).
- Experienced in integrating Informatica MDM with Informatica PowerCenter IDQ.
- Involved in data design and modeling by specifying the physical infrastructure, system study, design, and development.
- Extensively involved in performance tuning of the Informatica ETL mappings by using the caches and overriding the SQL queries and by using Parameter files.
- Analyzed session log files in session failures to resolve errors in mapping or session configuration.
- Written various UNIX shell Scripts for scheduling various data cleansing scripts, loading process and automating the execution of maps.
- Created transformations like Expression, Lookup, Joiner, Rank, Update Strategy and Source Qualifier Transformation using the Informatica designer.
- Created mapplets and used them in different mappings.
- Written PL/SQL Procedures and functions and involved in change data capture (CDC) ETL process.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension Type II for different Dimensions.
- Involved in Informatica, Teradata and oracle upgrade process and testing the environment while up gradation.
- Written Unit test scripts to test the developed interfaces.
- Managed enhancements and coordinated with every release with in Informatica objects.
- Provided support for the production department in handling the data warehouse.
- Worked under Agile methodology and used Rally tool one to track the tasks.
- Written thorough design docs, unit test documentation, Installation and configuration guide documents.
- Performed bulk data imports and created stored procedures, functions, views and queries.