- About 10+ years of experience in IT in analysis, design, development of software applications, expertise in Data warehousing solutions using Informatica Power Center, Power Mart, building Data
- Marts and generating OLAP reports using Business Objects.
- 7 years of experience in ETL mechanisms using Informatica PowerMart & PowerCenter 9.1/8.x/7.x/6x
- 7 years of experience in RDBMS database systems using ORACLE 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, DB2 in client/server environment.
- Extensive Experience on Oracle database, analyzing business needs of clients, developing effective and efficient solutions and ensuring client deliverables with in committed timelines.
- Expertise in maintaining data quality, data organization, metadata and data profiling.
- Experience in Data Analysis, User Requirement Gathering, User Requirement Analysis, Data Cleansing, Data Transformations, Data Relationships, Source Systems Analysis and Reporting Analysis.
- Experience in performance tuning of sources, transformations, targets, mappings, worklets, workflows, sessions and batches.
- Proficient in using Informatica workflow manager, workflow monitor, server manager, PMCMD (Informatica command line utility) to create, schedule and control workflows, tasks, and sessions.
- Connected to ERP applications like SAPR/3, Peoplesoft using PowerConnect
- Experience in using the Informatica command line utility pmcmd to schedule and control sessions and batches.
- Having strong hands on experience in extraction of the data from various source systems ranging from Mainframes like DB2, Flat Files, VSAM files, etc. to RDBMS like Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Proficient in using Informatica Server Manager to create and schedule sessions and batches.
- Experience in PL/SQL Programming (Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers).
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting, automation of ETL processes using Cron tab.
- Extensively used various Performance Tuning techniques to improve the session performance.
- Created tables and views based on the layout sent by Clients.
- Created mapping documents and work flows and data dictionaries
- Strong Analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Assisted to prepare design/specifications for data Extraction, Transformation and Loading.
- Developed Informatica mappings, enabling the extract, transport and loading of the data into target tables.
- Created Workflow, Worklets and Tasks to schedule the loads at required frequency using Workflow Manager.
- Prepared reusable transformations to load data from operational data source to Data Warehouse.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries involving multiple tables with joins.
- Scheduled and Run Workflows in Workflow Manager and monitored sessions using Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Used debugger, session logs and workflow logs to test the mapping and fixed the bugs.
- Analyzed the dependencies between the jobs and scheduling them accordingly using the Work Scheduler.
- Improved the performance of the mappings, sessions using various optimization techniques.
- Developed Informatica mappings, enabling the ETL process for large volumes of data into target tables.
- Designed and developed process to handle high volumes of data and high volumes of data loading in each SLA.
- Created and used parameter files to perform different load processes using the same logic.\
- Extensively used PL/SQL for creation of stored procedures and worked with XML Targets, XSD and DTD.
Confidential - Hartford, CT
- Involved in Requirement gathering and analyzing the requirements. Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and Oracle into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse. Worked on Flat Files and Oracle as sources.
- Provide documentation of ETL design and technical specifications, high level and low-level design specifications.
- Create test cases for Unit testing, Integration testing and User acceptance testing.
- Create mappings using different Transformations like Source Qualifier, filter, Router, Aggregator, Lookup, Expression, Sequence Generator, and update strategy etc.
- Create mappings, sessions, workflows and run those using workflow manger and monitor jobs using workflow monitor.
- Involved in upgrading Informatica from 9.6 to 10.1
- Connecting and loading data from SAP and AZURE source systems.
- Made use of Post-Session success and Post-Session failure batch scripts in the Session task to execute scripts needed for cleanup and update purposes.
- Assist with task identification and effort estimates for ETL development as per Agile Development methodology.
- Documented the test plans and executed for UNIT testing and also supported for system testing, volume testing and USER testing. Also provided production support by monitoring the processes running daily.
- Created email notifications. Scheduled the loads at required frequency using Control M, generated completion messages and status reports using Workflow Manager.
- Using debugger to test the data flow and fix the mappings.
- Prepare and use test data/cases to verify accuracy and completeness of ETL process.
- Involve in Production Support and troubleshooting data quality and integrity issues.
- Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.1/9.6.1, AZURE, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows, Control M
Confidential - Windsor, CT
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Imported various Application Sources, created Targets and Transformations using Informatica Power Center 9.1 Designer (Source analyzer, Warehouse developer,
- Transformation developer, Mapplet designer, and Mapping designer).
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external mainframe files.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Performance tuning was done at the functional level and map level. Used relational SQL wherever possible to minimize the data transfer over the network.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Prepared ETL mapping documents for every mapping and data migration document for smooth transfer of project from development to testing environment and then to production environment.
- Created test data/cases to verify accuracy and completeness of ETL process.
- Proficient with Tools/Utilities such as TOAD, SQL assistants.
- Worked on both waterfall model as well as agile methodology projects.
- Familiar with usage of tools like QC and JIRA for defect tracking.
- Involved in 24*7 production support for ETL job runs and reporting.
- Strong database experience with strong knowledge of writing complex SQL scripts as well as SQL tuning.
- Involved in Unit Testing, System Testing to check whether the data loads into target are accurate.
- Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Informatica Power Connect for SAP R/3, Power Analyzer 4.0, ORACLE 9i, Oracle Apps 11.0/10.7, DB2 UDB, HP-UX, Windows NT/2000, TOAD 6.3.11, PVCS 6.7.10, Erwin.