- Over 14 years of IT experience in ETL Architecture, Analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Business Intelligence (BI) solutions using Operational Data Store (ODS), Data Mart (DM), OLAP and MDM.
- Worked for clients such as leading Confidential Services, Confidential & Confidential, Confidential and Confidential .
- Over 13 years of experience in using ETL tools like Informatica Power Center, Informatica Big Data Management 10.2.0, Teradata, Oracle & Ab Initio.
- Experienced in Developing optimized ETL Solutions for large DWH environment, providing ETL best practices, training and mentoring the team members.
- Good understanding on Data Modeling such as Start Schema, Snowflake Schema and proven experience in solutioning SCD, Late Arriving Dimension/Facts.
- Worked closely with the leadership team and the Architects on the technology upgrade, strategic planning, system feasibility studies and working on proof of concepts.
- Experienced in designing data validation solutions, error handling concepts, test scenarios write up, Debugging skills and Performance Tuning.
- Over 5 years of experience using Teradata. Expertise in tuning and implementing optimized Teradata queries. Developed BTEQ templates for Type 2 versioning tables. Experienced in setting Primary/Secondary/Join indexes.
- Experienced in using Oracle & Netezza SQL, Stored procedures/functions, triggers and packages, complex joins, correlated sub - queries, aggregate functions analytic functions, materialized views, indexing, partitioning and performance tuning.
- Over 6 years of experience in writing ETL Technical specification. Experienced in Data Analysis and understanding the business.
- Worked closely with the Data Architects, Project Managers and the Business in scoping the projects, identifying the User Stories and estimating the Story points.
- Specialist in supporting large EDW Production environment. Involving activities such as identifying technical debts, working with LOB on setting up OLA/SLA, driving daily triage meetings, Incident management, change management, Release management, System health check tracking, maintaining CPU utilization, File System space and Table space
- Worked with Hadoop, HDFS, Sqoop, Hive and HBase. Worked on Hortonworks Hadoop Ecosystem.
- Experienced in Data Modeling using Dimensional Data modeling, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using Erwin
- Driving the Infrastructure related meetings, Coordinated On-Call issues meetings and Client status calls.
- Developed automation such as validating the Param file value change, Param file updates during catch up runs, data validations, Data Privatization, OLA/SLA tracker and Load performance tracking.
- 1 year of experience with MS Mestro Customer Data Management and performed Data Steward role.
- Performed Project Management. Maintained Onsite and Offshore teams with different time zone, on both Agile and Waterfall process. Handled teams from India, China, Singapore, UK and USA.
- Over 9 years of experience in playing Technical Project Lead role. Lead onsite and offshore team of 25+ members.
- Experienced in writing UNIX shell scripting
- Experienced in using STASH Version control, TFS, Service Now and Remedy for Incident management.
- Worked with different source like XML, JSOB, Flat Files, CSV, Excel, DB2, Netezza, Oracle, HDFS, HIVE & Teradata
ETL Technologies: Informatica Power Center 10.1.1, Informatica Big Data 10.2.0, Power Exchange, Ab Initio
Databases: Teradata V14, Oracle 11g, Netezza
Operating Systems: Unix and Windows
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic
Data Modeling: Erwin 4.1 - E/R and Dimensional Modeling
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
ETL Development Lead
- Studying the data flow of each customer VAP (Value Added Program) and collecting the Autosys jobs.
- Collecting the information on Pre-requisites tables/files, dependencies and generating the source data.
- Executing and Reconciling Hive and Vertica data results.
- Providing story points and ensuring the sprint deliverables are met.
Confidential, Winston Salem, NC
ETL Technical Lead
- Involved in extracting data from Oracle and Flat file using Informatica Big Data.
- Worked with the ETL Sr. Architect teams in gathering the requirements and involved in designing the ETL Framework.
- Involved in discussion with the Business, Data Architect and the Project Managers on evaluating the impact to the existing system on the new requirements.
- Working on proof of concepts to adopt the existing operational techniques to Informatica Big Data.
- Performed Data analysis and profiling in identifying the gaps in the technical design.
- Designed an approach for Data Privatization in to the lower environments.
- Worked closely with the Data Modelers in designing Logical/Physical Data Models (Star Schema) and documented the ETL Technical Specification.
- Experienced in Push down optimization and designing Mapping according to the capability of transformation.
- Created Parameter sets and Parameter files
- Wrote HiveQL queries validate HDFS files & Hive table data to make sure the data meet the requirements.
- Reverse engineered the existing applications and gather the technical specifications for the Migration.
- Monitored the long running Teradata and Informatica mappings. Documented the bottlenecks and provided the performance tuning approaches. Documented the best practices for the team. Reviewed and approved the metrics after optimization.
- Defined the Data Validated rules working with the Business. Designed reconciliation approaches
- Implemented Reusable objects for new enhancements.
- Providing SIT, UAT and Performance testing.
- Effort and cost estimation of new projects & enhancements.
Confidential,Winston Salem, NC
Production Support Specialist
- Single point of contact on Production data and reporting queries.
- Monitored the System health checks, identify the root cause of spikes on CPU Usage, RAM usage and space usage.
- Identified Technical debts, documenting the RCA and estimating the effort of addressing the debts.
- Designed a dashboard reporting framework using Informatica PC, Visual Basic and Tableau, to track the OLA/SLA misses by application & category, Param file value changes, long running Informatica jobs, Teradata and Netezza sequence value growth, Table size growth (sudden spikes), Data Validation metrics and Job Failure Incident metrics by category. This Dashboard is being reported to the Management through the Tableau reporting tool.
- Worked with the INFA admins and the DBA in periodically tracking the file system space usage and ensuring the load on the system is distributed.
- Involved in the design discussions with the architects and the development, to estimate the impact to existing application. Providing sign-off for the designs and the code to be implemented in Production.
- As part of tuning, reviewed the Cache size, memory allocation percentage based on the RAM usage and DTM buffer size. Analyzed the Joining strategies, CDC requirements and Write thread types.
- Lead the Triage meetings, Incident management, Release Management, reviewing and approving the hand over documents, ensuring the implementation tracker to be up to date.
- Documenting the Risk and Defects. Coming up with the mitigation plan and severity of the defects. Identifying the impact to the business.
- Negotiated the with the business and project managers on the OLA and SLA, based on the existing application capacity. Worked with the DA and Development team in setting up the load start time and estimating the SLA.
- Ensuring the ETL Standards and security policies are met. Handling the Document repository, approving the version control requests.
- Handling Federal and Internal audits along with the Senior Management. Taking responsibility on addressing the Audit findings and coming with a mitigation plan.
- Tracked the Infrastructure related issues by categories, arranging calls with the Technical support teams and reported the status to the management team.
- Lead the Infrastructure related bridge calls, coordinate and lead the bridge calls during On-Call Support issues.
- Performing Code review and support during the deployment.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
ETL Sr. Development Lead
- Performed an ETL Architect role in developing templates for Landing Zone, Type1 and Type 2 ETL Designs.
- Worked with the Sr. ETL Architects in developing the ETL Framework to run the Informatica workflows/application, tracking the row counts and updating the validation tables.
- Worked with the Data Architects, Business Analyst and the Data Analyst in tracking the column regularly used for joins and suggesting the Primary and Secondary Indexes.
- Understanding the BRD and Data Models for creating the Technical specification.
- Reverser engineered the existing Unix shell scripts, SAS queries and documented the technical specification, where the requirements are not available from the Business Unit.
- Estimating the Development efforts, creating project plan through MPP and tracking the task.
- Leading the development team in developing the Informatica Big Data, Power Center and Teradata Queries.
- Reviewing the SIT Test scenarios along with the QA team. Providing UAT support, creating Handover document and providing Warranty support
- Tracking the data growth, SKEW, Spool Space and I/O during the Warranty support of the implemented code.
- Working with the DBA in identifying the costly Teradata queries, identifying the bottle necks and getting the approvals from the DBA, based on the before and after tuning metrics
- Implemented designs for Audit and Control
- Designed ingestion framework and catchup loads for Client’s Dining business which is a Realtime data refreshed for every 5 mins, and the data received is through Json.
- Developed BTEQ Query template for Type1 and Type2 versioning logics.
- Used Fast load, Multi Load, Fast Export and TPT Utilities.
- Performed Data Analysis and identified the columns eligible for Data Compression.
- Worked with the Data Modelers in grouping the tables and updating the common Dimensions common to the business areas
- Resource management.
- Worked with the Cognos Reporting to optimize the queries by suggesting the best logics
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Master Data Management Lead
- Identify the Customer name, address, CIF data patterns and to set the rule for Fuzzy Logic.
- Calculate the matching score and the threshold for master the data.
- Set the governance strategy to track the bad records, steward review, broken information, duplicate customer, mastered records.
- Work along with the Sr. Data Steward and the DnB, to identify the genuine client information.
- Developing mapping logics in updating the USPS Address doctor.
- Handling deployment and supporting the ETL mappings to transform the data to the MDM layer.
- Categories the Customers by Governance code and report it to the management.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Teradata Optimization Lead
- Tracked the long running jobs and identify the bottlenecks. Categorized the issues by Teradata and Informatica.
- Analyzed the root cause of the issue. Documented the data points justifying the root cause for Client’s technical lead for review.
- Documented the issues and estimated the efforts of tuning them.
- Tuned the Teradata Source and target queries, Bteq queries. Documented the before and after tuning metrics, documented the justification and presented to the Client DBAs.
- Mentored the team and guided them on testing tuned queries.
- Altered Informatica Lookup Caches and join strategies to reduce the load on the server.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Gathered requirements from the onsite leads, effort estimation and resource planning.
- Analyzed the existing technical and functional aspects of the system, to integrate the new requirements.
- Created ETL Mapping documents. This requires more coordination with the Data Modelers and Data Architects.
- Prepared Project plan through MPP and worked with onsite on sign-off the plans.
- Designed the ETL high level and low-level design documents. Handled SCD Type1, Type2 and Type 3 designs.
- Developed Informatica ETL mappings, Optimized Teradata queries and updating project plans.
- Provided SIT, UAT and Warranty Support.
- Defect tracking, Risk management, maintaining Quality review documents for audits, coming with mitigation plans on the risk.
- Team management and effort distribution.
ETL Sr. Developer
- Reverse engineer the existing Informatica Code and sync it with the existing Mapdoc
- Estimating the development work of AbInitio graph, SIT and Production implementation
- Develop the Ab Initio graphs and mentor the team on working with Ab Initio
- Provide SIT, UAT and Production deployment support. Reconcile the Informatica and Ab Initio Target data.
- Update the project plans and collect the document repository
- Work closely with the team, develop their Technical and soft skills. Arranging training and ensuring the English speaking skills are developed
Production Support lead
- Understand the existing business, functional and technical aspect of the EDW loads.
- Worked with the business and understand their existing functionality along with the Business Analyst. Document the gaps in the existing system. Estimate the work to enhance the existing system to meet the market’s requirement.
- Designed and developed the Informatica ETL mappings to integrate the new functionality.
- Estimated the impact to the Production loads, due to the new functionality. Worked with the Data Modelers to understand the relation between different EDW tables.
- Worked with the business of the local markets and performed UAT. The defects were tracked and addressed.
- Applied the best practices to the Oracle queries, used analytical queries, indexes, hints and tuned the Informatica mappings.
- Analyzed the existing Unix scripts of file validations and enhanced it to integrate with the new files.
- Designed high level design and developed ETL mappings to migrate the data
- Based on the business requirements, the mappings were developed to create flat file extracts
- Develop optimized mappings to generate extract based on Adhoc request from the business
- Work with Offshore to develop the mappings, perform code review, sign-off SIT, Support UAT and implement it in the production environment.
- Designed high level design and developed ETL mappings to migrate the data
- Based on the technical specification document, prepare the ETL mappings
- Worked on Unit Testing, SIT, UAT and production support