ETL Tools: IBM Infosphere DataStage 8.5, IBM Infosphere DataStage 8.1 (Parallel & Server), IBM Websphere DataStage 8.0.1 (Designer, Director, Administrator), Ascential DataStage 7.5.2 (Designer, Director, Administrator, Manager),Informatica 6.1
Database: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, IBM DB2/UDB, Teradata, SQL Server 2003/2005/2008.
Data Warehousing: Star & Snow - Flake schema Modeling, Fact and Dimensions, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Erwin,Cognos
Operating systems: Windows 7x/NT/XP, UNIX, LINUX, Solaris, MS-DOS,MS Access
Languages/Scripting: C, C++, Java, D2K, Visual Basic, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripts
- Stop / start services, monitor logs, create/delete projects, create/modify environmental parameters etc
- Evaluate system specifications, working parameters for hardware / software compatibility
- Comply with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing and deployment activities within the Delivery Management environments
- Install IBM Information Server product suite, post configurations including configuring database native connectivity and ODBC connections and parallel database reads and writes
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Create documentation for the installs, upgrades and regular maintenance
- Resolving ETL DataStage performance issues
- Provide technical expertise and development support for the ETL development team
- Assist and provide input to various teams on action plans for refreshes, loads, report performance and other data warehouse related issues
- Perform a lead role in the development, planning, preparation and ongoing disaster recovery readiness
- Responsible for performance metrics reporting. Contribute to establishing best practices
- Advanced working knowledge of environment, capacity and performance monitoring, system - level and application-level MDM administration activities
- Assist trouble shooting any problems or incidents that occur with the EIM software
- Reviewing and managing ILMT (IBM Licensing Management Tool) reporting
- Provide infrastructure operations, support and administration of the 8.5, 9.1 and 11.3 DataStage environments
- Support and troubleshoot production incidents/problems, optimizing performance
- Kill/assist release job locks, shared memory locks, hung processes, etc
- Post install Configuration, various data sources configuration for the plug-ins, connectors as well as ODBC configurations
- Stop/start services, monitor logs, setting up security, assigning roles, and project permissions, create/delete projects, create/modify environmental parameters, etc
- Document Runbooks for the installs, Disaster Recovery plans, etc
- Monitor the InfoSphere suite (Data Stage/Quality Stage/Information Analyzer) servers
- Extensive ETL tool experience using IBM Infosphere/Websphere DataStage, Ascential DataStage.
- Worked on DataStage tools like DataStage Designer, DataStage Director and DataStage Administrator.
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data Warehousing using fact tables, dimension tables and star/snowflake schema modeling.
- Worked extensively with Dimensional modeling, Data migration, Data cleansing, ETL Processes for data warehouses.
- Developed parallel jobs using different processing stages like Transformer, Aggregator, Lookup, Join, Sort, Copy, Merge, Funnel, CDC, Change Apply and Filter.
- Used Enterprise Edition/Parallel stages like Datasets, Change Data Capture, Row Generator and many other stages in accomplishing the ETL Coding
- Familiar in using highly scalable parallel processing infrastructure using parallel jobs and multiple node configuration files.
- Experienced in scheduling Sequence and parallel jobs using DataStage Director, UNIX scripts and scheduling tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting of jobs and addressing production issues like data issues, ENV issues, performance tuning and enhancements.
- Knowledge in using Erwin as leading Data modeling tool for logical (LDM) and physical data model (PDM).
- Extensive experience in design and development of Decision Support Systems (DSS).
- Assisted in development efforts for Data marts and Reporting.
- Technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Extensive experience in Unit Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Performance Testing.
- Worked with various databases like Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, SQL Server, Teradata.