- Extensively experienced goal - oriented Senior IT Development Specialist with a demonstrated track record in data analysis, data extraction and data migration on large scale Enterprise Data Warehouses. Proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity through implementation of process improvements and cost savings, as well as, programming and implementing automated solutions. A team player and a Problem solver possessing expertise in leading and managing multiple projects with excellent communication, problem solving and data analysis skills.
- 10 years of industry experience in Data Warehousing- As an ETL Lead, DWH Analyst and a Sr QA Lead.
- Domain Expertise: Investment Banking, Insurance(Auto and Property), Retail, Healthcare and Telecom
- 5+ years of experience leading Data Migration projects.
- 7+ years as an Informatica Developer
- 5+ years of Oracle PL SQL and UNIX shell scripting experience
- 5+ years of work experience in Teradata as a developer/consultant.
- Well versed in all the Phases of SDLC (Waterfall, Agile Scrum) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- 3+ years of DataStage experience
- 2+ years of Cognos, Microstrategy, Tibco Spotfire experience
- Certified .NET/Open systems developer
- 5 years of experience in writing Oracle stored procedures, functions, packages, database triggers, cursors, etc.
- Limited 1 yr experience with HDFS systems and HiveQL.
- Data Analysis
- ETL/Data Integration tools: Informatica, Datastage
- Unix Shell scripting
- SQL- Teradata, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Programming - Python, .NET, Perl
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Defect analysis and resolution
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.0x, DataStage 8.1/8.5, SSIS
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza, Teradata
Languages: C, Python, UNIX Shell scripts
BI Reporting tools: Cognos, Microstrategy, Spotfire, Tableau, and Qlikview
ALM: HP ALM Quality Center
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Leading the ETL development both onsite and offshore.
- Managing a team of 4 developers onsite and 4 to 8 developers offshore.
- Analyzing requirements and providing design approach to implementing ETL solutions.
- Creating High level/ detailed design, effort estimations, development/deployment timelines for ETL requirements.
- Managing/coordinating with offshore on daily tasks
- Reviewing and unit testing code during build phase against functional requirements
- Performing data analysis, impact analysis and providing deployment and post deployment - warranty support
- Writing complex code through informatica and Teradata utilities like BTEQ, FastLoad, Mload etc to develop ETL solutions
- Query data from HDFS system through HiveQL and perform extracts through InfoWorks tool by creating pipelines.
- Participating in Cross-Training and Knowledge transfer sessions with Offshore/Onsite resources.
Technical Environment: Oracle 11i and 12c, Informatica 9.6 and 10.2, Teradata, Unix AIX, Tableau, HP Quality Center, HiveQL
Sr Data Warehouse Lead/ QA Lead
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
- Lead the Data Analysis/Data Migration and QA practice for the CRM360 program.
- Managed a team size of 4 ETL developers and 2 QA analysts.
- Performed extensive data analysis to root out data anomalies during data migration and test its data relevance with the Salesforce.com system.
- Created artifacts to document the various business applications that are integrated in the Data Warehouse environment.
- Responsible for resource allocation, effort estimation and delivering the project within defined timelines and sign-off criteria.
- Created Design artifacts- HLD, Detailed design documents, etc
- Created QA test plans, test scope and estimations on Project effort.
- Coordinating with business users and external vendors on salesforce migration testing, arrange defect triages to address and resolve defects during QAT and UAT
Technical Environment: Oracle 11i, Informatica 9.6, HP Quality Center, Salesforce.com, Unix AIX
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr ETL Datawarehouse Analyst- Developer
- Managed a team of 2 developers and two BI analysts.
- Analyzed and documented the various Business applications that are integrated in the Data Warehouse environment.
- Developed and implemented changes required in BTEQ scripts, informatica mappings, Datastage jobs, Oracle PL/SQL procedures etc.
- Created/Reviewed requirements and design for Data integration, Migration and other data flow processes.
- Prepared the test environment for the various applications involved- Billing, Finance, Accounts, Sales Tracking etc.
- Performed Data validation/analysis and integrity checks to see that data is loaded as per requirements and mapping logic.
- Created reports for Billing, Accounts and other financial LOBs through Tibco Spotfire and Cognos reporting tool.
- Supported UAT and Post Production maintenance activities.
Technical Environment: Informatica 9.x, Teradata 14, Cognos, Tibco Spotfire, Crontab/Autosys Schedulers, Unix, Oracle
Confidential, Columbus, OH
ETL IT Analyst
- Analyzed Informatica and Datastage mappings/jobs used in downstream application like FMS/FEP and prepared S2T/design documents.
- Performed data validation and integrity checks to see that data is loaded as per requirements and mapping logic.
- Created Teradata BTEQ test scripts to compare data in Databases for Parallel Load of data in test environments.
- Involved in the Master Test Strategy, Test plan and Test strategy preparation.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to access data in Teradata data marts for Data Analysis and testing. The SQLs were then converted into Teradata BTEQs to automate through the BTEQ utility in Unix
- Prepared status reports and scheduled Daily status calls with Offshore and the various stake holders to review and analyze requirements.
- Involved in the Downstreams and Upstreams UAT to discuss on the defects and Action items.
- Managed a team size of 2 offshore developers/testers.
Technical Environment: DB2, Teradata, Informatica 8.5x, 9x, DataStage, Microstrategy, HP Quality Centre, QTP
- Involved in Mapping development, code optimization, debugging, job scheduling and integration.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to pull data from oracle and Teradata databases and validate it against the business specifications
- Prepared Unit Test Plans and System Test Plans for the transformation logic.
- Transforming informatica mapping to Netezza SQL scripts to load into a Netezza database and into BTEQs as per requirement.
- Preparing Test cases based on the S2T mappings and business specification documents.
- Involved in Test Plan and Test Strategy review meetings.
- Coordinated with offshore for deployments and deliverables
Technical Environment: Informatica v8, Teradata, Netezza, Oracle 9i,