- 8+ years of work experience in various phases of IT projects such as system analysis, design, coding and testing.
- 7+ years of strong experience in Data Warehousing and ETL using Informatica PowerCenter 10.2.1/9.x/8.6.1/7.1,Power Exchange 10.1/9.x/8.6Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, Teradata 14/13/12/V2R6 and Erwin 7/4.5.
- 2+ years of experience on real - time data Warehouse development using CDC tool Informatica Power Exchange 9.1/8.6/8.1.
- Experience in Data Warehouse/Data Mart Development Life Cycle using Dimensional modelling of STAR, SNOWFLAKE schema, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, Fact and Dimension tables, and Logical & Physical data modelling using ERWIN 7.5/4.2 and MS Visio.
- Extensive experience in using Oracle 11g/10g/9i, DB2 8/7, MS SQL Server 2008/2000, Teradata 13/12/V2R6, MS Access 7.0/2000, Erwin, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader and MS SQL Developer 2000, Win 7/XP.
- Worked with Teradata loading utilities like Multi Load, Fast Load, Tpump and BTEQ.
- Extensively worked on Oracle Function, Cursor, Store Procedure, and Package & Trigger.
- Experience on data modelling and create LDP and PDM for Star schema and Snowflake schema using MS Visio and ERWIN 7.1/4.5.
- Exposure in overall SDLC including requirement gathering, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation and production support.
- Excellent working knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, job scheduling on multiple platforms, experience with UNIX command line and LINUX.
- Experience in preparing ETL design documentations, user test case documentation and standard operating procedures (SOP) documentation.
- Worked as Agile Scrum call facilitator and track status and discussion using Base camp and Rally.
- Extensive experience on effort estimation, distribution of work, track & update status report, team coordination and update client.
- Highly motivated to take independent responsibility as well as ability to contribute and be a productive team member.
- Providing on Production Support, Resolution & Closure of Trouble issues tickets. Ability to self-manage time and task priorities to meet project timelines, and identify potential project risks.
Sr. Informatica Developer
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Manage and expand current ETL framework for enhanced functionality and expanded sourcing.
- Utilization of Informatica IDQ to complete initial data profiling and matching/removing duplicate data.
- Translate business requirements into ETL and report specifications. Performed error handing using session logs.
- Analyzed data using complex SQL queries, across various databases.
- Designed and developed several SQL Server Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views.
- Code change migration from Dev to QA and QA to Production
- Used Pre session and Post Session to send e-mail to various business users through the Workflow Manager
- Migrated mappings, sessions, and workflows from development to testing and then to Production environments.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, and functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Supported the BI team by extracting operational data from multiple sources, merging and transforming the data to facilitate enterprise-wide reporting and analysis and delivering the transformed data to coordinated data marts.
- Wrote reports using Tableau Desktop to extract data for analysis using filters based on the business use case.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to execute the workflows using PMCMD utility and used Autosys scheduler for automation ofETLprocesses.
- Scheduling the Informatica Cloud Service jobs using Informatica Cloud task scheduler.
- Teradata SP/View/BTEQ development and involving in the code review meetings.
- Involved in Implementation of SCD1 and SCD2 data load strategies.
- Leveraging the existing PL/SQL scripts for the daily ETL operation.
- Ensure that all support requests are properly approved, documented, and communicated using the MQC tool. Documenting common issues and resolution procedures
- Extensively used Informatica Client tools -PowerCenter Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager
- Extracted data from various heterogeneous sources like Oracle, Flat Filesand performed complex joiner, Expression, Aggregate, Lookup, Stored procedure, Filter, Router transformation, Update strategy transformations to load data into the target systems.
- Developed complex mapping using Informatica PowerCenter tool.
- Created Sessions, Tasks, Workflows and worklets using Workflow manager.
- Worked with Data modeler in developing STAR Schemas
- Extensively involved in enhancing and managing Unix Shell Scripts.
- Developed workflow dependency inInformaticausing Event Wait Task, Command Wait.
- Involved in analysing the existence of the source feed in existing CSDR database.
- Involved in converting the business requirement into technical design document.
- Documenting the macro logic and working closely with Business Analyst to prepare BRD.
- Involved in requirement gathering for procuring new source feeds.
- Involved in setting up SFTP setup with the internal bank management.
- Building Unix scripts in cleaning up the source files.
- Involved in loading all the sample source data using sql loader and scripts.
- Creating Informatica workflows to load the source data into CSDR.
- Involved in creating various Unix script used during ETL load process.
- Handling high volume of day to day Informatica workflow migrations.
- Periodically cleaning up Informatica repositories.
- Monitoring the daily load and handing over the stats with the QA Team.
- Creating new repositories from scratch, backup and restore
- Review of Informatica ETL design documents and working closely with development to ensure correct standards are followed
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/9.6.1, Informatica Power Exchange 9.6, Oracle 11g, MSSQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, IDQ, SQL Server 2008, Teradata 13, Aqua Studio 10.0.4 PL/SQL Developer, Linux, Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Python Scripting, Putty.
Sr. Informatica Developer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Interacted with business analysts to gather the business requirements by attending regular meetings with the different system owners / analysts.
- Gather the requirement and create a specification document.
- Used IDQ tool for profiling, applying rules and develop mapping to move data from source to target system.
- Knowledge on Informatica Cloud Real Time preferred.
- Wrote oracle stored procedures to improve performances in the staging area.
- Tuned the oracle queries / processes to improve performance.
- Prepared ETL detail design and unit testing document to outline the flow of data, for testing source/targets counts and field-to-field mappings.
- Provided production support by running the jobs and fixing the bugs.
- Aided in migrating the code across various environments.
- Documented the process for further maintenance and production support.
- Coordinated the Change Management process which involved driving the QA and production deployments.
- Different enhancements involve architectural changes of the existing system.
- Involved in Information administration including creating new users and groups, backing up the repository and domain as well as handling various upgrades.
- Documented the scope of new development projects.
- Involved in writing and modifying UNIX shell scripts.
- Worked with data quality team to fix the production data issues and also provide solutions to the business users.
- Should have exposure of data integration/data synchronization with cloud platform.
- Coordinated with offshore team to support the existing ODS system jobs.
- Coordinated with business users and across the development teams in implementing new business requests.
- Used Toad for data quality verification and unit testing the data.
- Updated design documents, defect trackers.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 10.1/9.6.1, Informatica Power Exchange 10.1, Oracle 12c, IDQ, Cloud, Teradata 15/14, MSSQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SQL Server 2008, Aqua Studio 10.0.4 PL/SQL Developer, Shell Scripting, Putty, Jira/ALM
Sr. Informatica Developer
Confidential, Hauppauge, NY
- Involved in the documentation/Design of Technical Design Document of various interfaces like Sales organization, Field AOP, and Field Forecast.
- Used Teradata, SQL assistant for running the SQL Queries to check the data loaded to the Target Tables.
- Designed and developed mappings, mapplets and sessions from source to target database usingInformatica PowerCenter.
- Used simple to moderately complex debugging techniques to test ETL applications.
- Developed Test Cases for testing the ETL mappings.
- Conducted code reviews and lead design reviews to assure compliance.
- Involved in migration of ETL/Bteq code from Development environment to QA environment and finally to Production environment.
- Followed Informatica development standards and enforce best practices.
- Performed QA work to verify the results provided from other teams.
- Worked with various file formats like fixed length and delimited.
- Involved in creation of BTEQ Script for validating the data quality like referential integrity, not null check.
- Experience in using TPT (Teradata Parallel Transporter) utility.
- Maintained the proper communication between other teams.
- Utilizing the existing UNIX shell scripts to run the Informatica workflow through process control.
- Scheduled sessions and batch process based on demand, run on time, run only once using InformaticaWorkflow Manager.
- Identified BI reporting problems, and suggests practical resolutions.
- Participates in *on-call* support for ODS and the data warehouse.
- Involved in documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, and any changes and corrections.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6, Informatica Power Exchange 8.6, MSSQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, Erwin 7.1, Teradata, TPT,SQL Server, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, Windows XP, Visual Basic 6, .Net, SQL Server 2005&2008, Sybase 12, Windows xp, Sun Solaris, Harvest, Putty.
Confidential, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- Handled versioning and dependencies in Informatica.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions - Type I & II in different mappings as per the requirements.
- Performing ETL & database code migrations across environments.
- Created Mapping Parameters, Session parameters, Mapping Variables and Session Variables.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system. This led to better session performance.
- Created and maintained the Shell Scripts and Parameter files in UNIX for the proper execution ofInformatica workflows in different environments.
- Provided effective guidance to offshore for performing Unit/ System Testing and UAT support.
- This was a short term assignment. Two offshore members were working with me as I was responsible for all of the deliverables.
- As UAT and business team are located at a different locations, UK / Ireland, there was efficient coordination with UK / Ireland team as well as the technical team based in Pittsburgh, US to execute the project flawlessly.
- Production Support - Fixing and Resolving Production abends. After hours on call support.
- Root Cause analysis and preparing technical specifications for the required code changes.
- Technical/Functional Documentation and Performing Peer Reviews
- Review of different SDLC phases of team members, tracking and monitoring of Project schedules.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Toad, UNIX Shell Scripting, Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files.
Confidential, Hoboken, NJ
- Worked on designing ETL design Documents and Informatica Load processes and handled document walkthroughs.
- Extensively participated in functional and technical meetings for designing the architecture of ETL load process (mappings, sessions, workflows from source systems to staging to DW).
- Developed mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformation required, business rules, target tables, columns and data types.
- Identified and created Several Informatica reusable components like mapplets, user defined function, tasks and worklets to minimize the effort and enhance quality.
- Created mappings to Extract, Transform and Load ( ETL) data from source (SQL Server) to the Data Warehouse by using Informatica ETL tool.
- Created Parameter files, Variables and Workflow parameters to enhance portability of code.
- Designed and Created ETL Design doc, UTC, Code review and tracker doc.
- Developed complex mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Look up (connected and unconnected), Expression, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Update Strategy Rank and Router transformations.
- Worked on performance tuning of the complex transformations, mappings, sessions and SQL queries to achieve faster data loads to the data warehouse.
- Created session tasks, event waits & raise, command task, worklets etc. in the workflow manager and deployed them across the DEV, QA, UAT and PROD repositories.
- Exclusively worked with Views, Synonyms, Procedures/Functions and Packages in Oracle PL/SQL to build business rules.
- Run Micro Strategy reports and improved the performance of the reports by analyzing the underlined SQL that is generated by Micro Strategy reports using Oracle optimization methods like Partitioning Tables, Creating BITMAP Join index, Flushing buffer Cache etc.
- Have hands on experience to use MS SQL server management studio express (2005/2008).
- Wrote Unix scripts for scheduling the maestro jobs to automate the processes.
- Created unit test plan master document with appropriate test cases and test results for ETL Code.
- Experience in using TPT (Teradata Parallel Transporter) utility.
- Responsible for ETL Code walkthrough and Knowledge Transfer at all stages.
- Implemented type I & II slowly changing dimensions tables.
- Performed Unit testing to detect the defects in the codes and tracked by using HP Quality center tool.
- Involved in ETL Code migration from Informatica 8.1.1 to 8.6 using XML.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SUN OS 5.10, TOAD/SQL Developer, Micro Strategy, Tortoise SVN, HP Quality Center 9.2, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express (2000/2008), Putty, WinSCP, Teradata V2R6, TPT, Microsoft Access.
Confidential, Newark, CA
- Developed Procedures, functions, packages and Triggers for enforcing the business rules using PL/SQL.
- Involved in creation of Schema Objects like indexes views, and stored procedures.
- Involved in a team in designing the Database Schema, for the metadata for storing the informative queries that are generated dynamically.
- Identifying integrity constraints for tables.
- Involved in writing the Triggers which internally calls procedures and functions.
- Tested the application to ensure proper functionality, data accuracy, and that modifications have no adverse Impact on integrated system environment
- Involved in documenting the entire process.
- Involved in Implementation and Testing phases of the system.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1.1, Oracle 9i, Micro Strategy, MS SQL server 2000, Unix, Shell scripting and Windows XP, Erwin 4.2, SQL/PL SQL.