- 9+ years of extensive experience with Informatica Power Center in all phases of Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and support of Data Warehousing applications using Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x.
- Have clear understanding of Data warehousing concepts with emphasis on ETL and life cycle development including requirement analysis, design, development and implementation.
- Extensive working experience in design and development of data warehouse, marts and ODS.
- Handful working experience in Data warehousing development with data migration, data conversion and extraction/transformation/loading using Informatica Power Center to extract & load data into relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2.
- Good work experience in Informatica Data Integration Tools - Such as Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Scheduled workflows using Workflow Manager.
- Experience in Informatica Power Center for Data integration between source & Target which includes development of Joiner, Aggregator, Lookup, Salesforce Lookup, Router and Sorter transformations.
- Extensively worked with Informatica mapping variables, mapping parameters and parameter files.
- Experience in several facts of MDM implementations including Data Profiling, Data extraction, Data validation, Data Cleansing, Data Match, Data Load, Data Migration, Trust Score validation.
- Experience in working with business analysts to identify and understand requirements in order to create Technical Design Documents.
- Expertise Informatica B2B Data Transformation, DT and DX, pre-built transformations for most versions of industry standard messages including the following EDI standards and derivatives.
- Experienced in executing complex queries using stored procedures, Triggers, Cursors, User Defined Functions using T-SQL.
- Experienced in Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Development, Testing and Documentation of projects.
- Experience working with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) for data cleansing, data matching and data conversion.
- Experienced in creating IDQ mappings using Consolidation, Key Generator, Match, Merge, Exceptional, Labeler, Standardizer, Address Validator transformations with Informatica Developer and migrated to Informatica Power Center.
- Extensively worked with Informatica MDM (Master Data Management) in order to manage the high-volume data.
- Excellent Hand full working experience in running projects by using scheduling tools like AutoSys.
- Extensive knowledge in optimizing techniques such as concurrent caching, Auto memory calculations, partitioning and using push down optimization.
- Proficient in the Integration of various data sources with multiple relational databases like Oracle12c /Oracle11g, MS SQL Server, DB2, XML files and Flat Files into the staging area, Data Warehouse and Data Mart.
- Strong experience with star and snow flake schema, dimensional data modelling, facts, dimensional and slowly changing dimensions.
- Experienced in ETL process using PL/SQL to populate the tables in OLTP and OLAP Data Warehouse Environment.
- Expertise in implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Type 1 and Type 2 for initial and history load using Informatica.
- Understanding & working knowledge of Informatica CDC (Change Data Capture) Implementation experience of CDC using stored procedures, triggers and using Informatica power exchange.
- Experience in debugging mappings, Identified bugs in existing mappings by analyzing the data flow and evaluating transformations.
- Expertise in RDBMS, database Normalization and Denormalization concepts and principles.
- Extensive experience in writing UNIX shell scripts and automation of the ETL processes using UNIX shell scripting.
- Developed shell scripts for invoking Informatica workflows and for running batch process.
- Extensive experience in designing the architecture for extract, transformation, load environment and development of mapping and process using Informatica power center.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning at Mapping, Session and database level, tuning mappings, Pipeline Partitioning to speed up data processing.
- Extensive experience in developing Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Triggers, Complex SQL queries using SQL Server, T-SQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experienced in using different scheduling tools - Control-M, Auto Sys, Maestro/TWS & Cron Job.
- Hands-on experience across all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including business requirement analysis, data mapping, build, unit testing, systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- Extensive experience in formulating error handling mechanism.
- Excellent analytical skills in understanding client’s organizational structure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong technical background and result oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x/8.x, Informatica Master Data Management (MDM), Data Quality Tool (IDQ), Informatica Cloud.
Database: Oracle 12c,Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2014/2008/2005 and Teradata 14.0
Data Modelling Tools: Erwin 4.1, TOAD, MS Visio, SQL *Loader, Star and Snow Fake Schema.
Scheduling Tools: TWS, Auto Sys, Maestro, Cron Tab, Control - M, Informatica Scheduler
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, Korn Shell, Bash shell scripting
Operating Systems: Windows, MSDOS, Linux, Unix, Sun Solaris
Confidential - Milwaukee, WI
Sr. Informatica/ ETL Developer
- Worked in Agile development methodology environment and Interacted with the users, Business Analysts for collecting, understanding the business requirements.
- Worked on building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Involved in the installation and configuration of Informatica Power Center 10.1 and evaluated Partition concepts in Power Center 10.1.
- Developed various mappings using Mapping Designer and worked with Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router, Joiner, Source Qualifier, Expression, Stored Procedure, Sorter and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Created stored procedures, views, user defined functions and common table expressions.
- Fluent in T-SQL programming language: creating and managing database objects, stored procedures, triggers, views and user defined functions.
- Created and Modified T-SQL stored procedures for data retrieval from MS SQL SERVER database.
- Worked on Informatica cloud for creating source and target objects, developed source to target mappings.
- Consolidated data from different systems to load Constellation Planning Data Warehouse using ODI interfaces and procedures.
- Created ODI Packages, Jobs of various complexities and automated process data flow.
- Dimensional data modeling using Data Modeling, Star Join Schema/Snowflake modeling, fact and dimensions tables, physical and logical data modeling using ERWIN data modelling tools.
- Involved in importing the existing Power center workflows as Informatica Cloud Service tasks by utilizing Informatica Cloud Integration.
- Designed, developed ODI for ETL Project, gathering requirement specification documents and presenting and identifying data sources.
- Installed, Maintained and Documented the ODI setup on multiple environments.
- Migrated and converted CSV and flat files from multiple sources to ORACLE 11g.
- Created Teradata External loader connections such as M Load, Upsert and Update, Fast load while loading data into the target tables in Teradata Database.
- Written PL/SQL scripts, created stored procedures and functions and debugged them.
- Created Mapplets, reusable transformations and used them in different mappings. Used Type 2 SCD mappings to update slowly Changing Dimension Tables.
- Involved in Production Support by performing Normal Loads, Bulk Loads, Initial Loads, Incremental Loads, Daily loads and Monthly loads and Developed reports based on issues related to the data warehouse.
- Transferred data using Teradata utilities like SQL Assistant, Fast Export and Fast Load.
- Used debugger to test the mapping and fix the bugs and identified the bottlenecks in all levels to tune the performance and Resolved the production support tickets using remedy.
- Transformed bulk amount of data from various sources to Teradata database by using BTEQ, MLOAD and TPUMP scripts.
- Worked with scheduler UC4 for scheduling Informatica Power Center Workflows Involved with Scheduling team in creating and scheduling jobs in Workload Scheduler.
- Developed monitoring scripts in UNIX and moved Data Files to another server by using SCP on UNIX platform.
- Extensively used Teradata Utilities like Fast-Load, Multi-Load, BTEQ & Fast-Export.
- Involved creating the tables in Teradata and setting up the various environments like DEV, SIT, UAT and PROD.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 10.1, Oracle12C, Oracle Data Integration(ODI),Informatica Cloud, SQL Server 2014, Netezza, UNIX, Toad, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Power Connect, DB2.
Confidential - Louisville, KY
Sr. ETL Developer
- Involved in gathering requirement from business customers and developed requirement document and ETL specification.
- Integrate new data into NOC Data Platform from both internal and external sources.
- Involved in writing T-SQL programming to implement Stored Procedures and Functions for different tasks and created Triggers to enforce data and referential integrity.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications following SQL code standards.
- Developed mappings in Informatica a variety of Power Center transformations, Mapping Parameters, Mapping Variables, Mapplets & Parameter files.
- Skilled in parsing Flat Files by using delimiter, regular expression or positions.
- Created transformations like Expression, Lookup, Joiner, Rank, Update Strategy and Source Qualifier Transformation using the Informatica designer.
- Analyzed the functional specifications provided by the data architect and created Technical System Design Documents and Source to Target mapping documents.
- Involved in complete cycle from Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data using Informatica best practices.
- Expertise in Installing and managing Informatica Power Center, Metadata Manager, Data Explorer and Data Quality.
- Strong knowledge in Informatica Administration including Installation and up gradation, Configuration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
- Strong experience in installation of Informatica on UNIX, Migration of Repositories, and up gradation of Repositories.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehouse, ETL Design Development, Ralph Kimball models with Star/Snowflake schema designs, Analysis Definition, Database Design, Testing, Implementation and Quality process.
- Involved in Master Data Management (MDM) testing for source identification, data collection, data transformation, rule administration, data consolidation and data reconciliation.
- Extensively worked on Informatica tools Admin console, Repository manager, designer, Workflow manager, Workflow monitor.
- Extensively worked on Informatica B2B Data Exchange Setup from Endpoint creation, Scheduler, Partner setup, Profile setup, Event attributes creation, Event status creation, etc.
- Strong Experience in writing queries to access Informatica Repository DB.
- Strong experience as Support for UAT, production, deployment, Informatica object Migration using Repository Manager and monitoring workflows using workflow monitor.
- Worked extensively with complex mappings using different transformations like Source Qualifiers, Expressions, Filters, Joiners, Routers, Union, Unconnected / Connected Lookups, Java, XML, Aggregators, Type-I, Type-II, Type-III slowly changing dimensions (SCD).
- Experience in Integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Fixed Width and Delimited Flat Files, SAP COBOL files & XML Files.
- Created Informatica components required to operate Data Quality ( Power Center required).
- Extensively involved in performance tuning of the Informatica ETL mappings by using the caches and overriding the SQL queries and also by using Parameter files.
- Used the Integration service in Power Center 9.6.1 to start multiple instances of the same workflow.
- Expertise includes taking any incoming data set and applying various transformation logic to manipulate data as per business needs.
- Analyzing data using SQL Data cleansing for web end applications.
- Specialize in developing SQL queries with hands on experience in writing complex queries for staging clean data sets to front end web applications.
- Worked with the third party scheduler Autosys for scheduling Informatica Power Center Workflows Involved with Scheduling team in creating and scheduling jobs in Autosys Workload Scheduler.
- Define physical data models for new source integration, balancing performance and storage through query optimization.
- Created various UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling various data cleansing scripts and automated execution of workflows.
- Ability to understand business need and translate that into desired output.
- Exhibits an advanced understanding of our technology platforms and information systems with an ability to run, troubleshoot, QA and deliver recurring reporting on a set schedule.
Environment: ETL, Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, Netezza 3.0,Autosys Scheduler Tool, UNIX, PL/SQL, DB2.
Informatica / ETL Developer
- Involved in gathering and analysis business requirement and writing requirement specification documents and identified data sources and targets.
- Translated Business Requirements into Informatica mappings to build Data Warehouse by using Informatica Designer, which populated the data into the target Star Schema.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica Power Center 9.5 by using various transformations like Expression, Source Qualifier, Filter, Router, Sorter, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Connected and unconnected look up etc.
- Used Informatica client tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, and Transformation Developer for defining Source & Target definitions and coded the process of data flow from source system to data warehouse. Performed extraction, transformation and loading of data from RDBMS tables and Flat File sources into Oracle RDBMS in accordance with requirements and specifications.
- Worked on PL/SQL stored procedures and enabled them to be called from Informatica Power Center.
- Worked extensively with developing ODI packages & load plans and generating ODI scenarios.
- Worked on extraction, loading, transformation using ODI from Oracle and FLAT FILES.
- Created Design Specification Documents including source to target mappings.
- Responsible for performance tuning ETL process to optimize load and query Performance.
- Extensively involved in coding of the Business Rules through PL/SQL using the Functions, Cursors and Stored Procedures.
- Developed stored procedures, functions and database triggers using PL/SQL according to specific business logic.
- Extensively used various transformations Lookup, Update Strategy, Expression, Aggregator, Filter, Stored Procedures and Joiner etc.
- Used Teradata Utilities BTEQ, Fast Load, T-pump, Multi Load utilities for loading bulk data.
- Extensively used Fast Export to export data out of Teradata tables.
- Created BTEQ scripts to invoke various load utilities and queries against Teradata database.
- Written Pre and Post Session SQL commands (DDL & DML) to drop and recreate the indexes on data warehouse.
- Developed process for Teradata using Shell Scripting and RDBMS utilities such as MLoad, Fast Load (Teradata)
- Partially involved in writing the UNIX Shell Scripts, which triggers the workflows to run in a particular order as a part of the daily loading into the Warehouse.
- Extracted data from various source systems like Oracle, SQL Server, XML and flat files and loaded into relational data warehouse and flat files.
- Involved writing BTEQ scripts for validation & testing of the sessions, data integrity between source and target databases and for report generation.
- Maintained documentation of ETL processes to support knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Identified the bottlenecks and improved overall performance of the sessions.
- Created Dimensions and Fact tables for the data mart and also implemented SCD (Slowly Changing Dimensions) Type I and II for data load.
- Performing Unit Testing and tuned the mappings for the better performance.
- Experience in Scheduling Informatica sessions for automation of loads in Autosys.
- Provided production support by monitoring the processes running daily.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, Erwin, Oracle Data Integration (ODI), Oracle 11g/10g, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, MS SQL Server 2012/2008, Autosys.
Informatica/ ETL Developer
- Involved in the requirements definition and analysis in support of Data Warehousing efforts
- Worked on ETL design and development, creation of the Informatica source to target mappings, sessions and workflows to implement the Business Logic.
- Used various Transformations like Joiner, Aggregate, Expression, Lookup, Filter, Union, Update Strategy, Stored Procedures, and Router etc. to implement complex logics while coding a Mapping.
- Involved in Data Profiling & Data Analysis on heterogeneous Database sources like Oracle, flat files.
- Designed and developed Informatica DQ Jobs, Mapplets using different transformation like Address validator, matching, consolidation, rules etc. for data loads and data cleansing.
- Preparation of technical specification for the development of Extraction, Transformation and Loading data into various stage tables.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center 9.1 to extract data from various sources, which included flat files, XML Files, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Teradata, MS-Access.
- Implemented different Tasks in workflows which included Session, Command, E-mail, Event-Wait etc.
- Created Data Breakpoints and Error Breakpoints for debugging the mappings using Debugger Wizard.
- Scheduled and Run Workflows in Workflow Manager and monitored sessions using Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Involved with Data Steward Team for designing, documenting and configuring Informatica Data Director for supporting management of MDM data.
- Configured and running test session, workflow using Workflow Manager.
- Prepared mapping documents for loading the data from legacy system, flat files to staging area.
- Responsible for Data Warehouse Architecture, ETL and coding standards.
- Configured match rule set property by enabling search by rules in MDM according to Business Rules.
- Used the Data Transformation Studio to create scripts that convert complex data formats (i.e. HL7, EDI File Formats), into standard ones and then integrate to Informatica's Power Center platform, using the UDT transformation.
- Deployed new MDM Hub for portals in conjunction with user interface on IDD application.
- Extensively involved in performance tuning of the Informatica ETL mappings by using the caches and overriding the SQL queries and also by using Mapping Parameter files.
- Effectively made use of Hints, Table Functions, Indexes, Table Partitioning, Collections, Analytical functions, Materialized Views, SQL Loader, Dynamic SQL and Ref Cursor.
- Extensively involved in both ETL Informatica & Database performance tuning.
- Analyzed session log files in session failures to resolve errors in mapping or session configuration.
- Used major components like Serializers, Parsers, Mappers and Streamers in Data Transformation Studio for conversion of XML files to other formats.
- Used various transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Lookup, SQL, router, filter, Expression and Update Strategy.
- Developed Stored Procedures and used them in Stored Procedure transformation for data processing and have used data migration tools.
- Validated and tested the mappings using Informatica Debugger, session logs and workflow logs.
- Worked on migrating existing PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, triggers and functions to Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of SQL Queries, Sources, Targets and sessions by identifying and rectifying performance bottlenecks.
- Worked on Autosys Scheduler to automate the Workflows.
- Tested all the mappings and sessions in Development, UAT environments and also migrated into Production environment after everything went successful.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9x, SQL Server, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Flat files, MySQL, UNIX scripting.
- As ETL designer was responsible for providing Database and ETL design as per the Front End OBIEE design.
- Making sure the project execution is going smooth as per the timelines defined and getting the work done by team members as per the defined timelines.
- Created Informatica mappings using different transformations.
- Supporting data Load.
- Interacting with clients for requirement gathering and preparing ETL specifications (HLD and LLD documents)
- Created Informatica mappings using different transformations.
- Created and executed Unit, Integrated test cases in HP Quality Center. Defect analysis and tracking in HP QC.
- Created Informatica scheduler jobs to schedule Informatica workflows.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1, Oracle 10g, UNIX.