- Informatica Designer with 7 years of IT experience with 6 years of experience in Design, Development, Administration and Maintenance of Data warehouse applications an ETL Developer
- Installing Informatica Power center 9.x/8.x/7.x/6.x on HP-UNIX and IBM AIX Upgrading Informatica Power center Version 7.x to Informatica Power center Version 8.x.
- Experience in Applying Informatica Latest Hot fixes/Patches.
- Extensive experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from different heterogeneous source systems like Flat files, Excel, XML, Cobol, VSAM, IMS , SAP R3 ,DB2 UDB, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Designer Components Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet and Mapping Designer.
- Developed and Tested complex Mappings, used transformations such as lookups, Dynamic-Lookups, Unstructured Data Object(B2B), Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Transaction Control to create dynamic file names, Sequence Generator and Update Strategy.
- Performance tuning, Indexing and partitioning techniques on Sources, Targets, Mappings and Workflows in Informatica.
- Involved in migration of objects in all phases (DEV, QA and PRD) of project and trained developers to maintain system when in production.
- Proficient in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements definition, data conversion, system implementation, maintenance and acceptance testing.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing ETL involving Source databases Oracle ,SQL Server and Flat Files ( fixed width , delimited ),Main Frame (COBOL Files) and Target databases Oracle, SQL Server 2005 and Flat Files ( fixed width , delimited ).
- Extensive knowledge with Teradata SQL Assistant, Fast Export, Fast Load, Multiload, BTEQ, Coded complex scripts for the Teradata Utilities and finely tuned the queries to enhance performance.
- Extensively used Informatica Repository Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Strong experience in developing complex mappings using varied transformations like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Router, Aggregator, Sorter, Ranker Joiner, Stored Procedure, Update Strategy and Re-usable transformations.
- Strong experience in developing Workflows, Work lets, sessions and tasks to effectively manage the Load.
- Excellent knowledge in identifying performance bottlenecks and tuning the Informatica Load for better performance and efficiency.
- Extensive experience in error handling and problem fixing in Informatica.
- Excellent knowledge in Creating database objects like Stored Procedure, Views, packages, functions and Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Good knowledge of Oracle 10g/9i/8i.
INFORMATICA CERTIFIED DEVELOPER
- Certified for Architecture & Administration
- Certified for Mapping Design
- Certified for Advanced Mapping Design
Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6.0/8.5.1/8.1/7.1/6.2.2/5.1.2/Power Connect and Power Exchange, Power Mart 6.x/5.1, Power Center Data Analyzer Mart 6.x/5.1, SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS).SSRS
Data modeling Tools:
Erwin 4.2, Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables.
Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2005, Teradata,DB2, SYBASE, Flat files, XML and MQ COBOL Files
C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL and Shell Scripting.
Data Warehousing Methodologies:
Dimensional modeling - Star schema, snow flake schema
Crystal Reports2008/XI R2, OBIEE 10.1.3.x, Siebel Analytics 7.5/7.7/7.8, Oracle BI Services, Oracle CRM on Demand, BI Publisher, I- Bots.
Other Tools & Utilities:
SQL * plus, Toad , SQL Server2005 SSIS, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),, AutoSys, Microsoft Visio, Clear case, Text Pad
SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting
Windows XP/NT, UNIX (Sun Solaris, Linux, HP-UX), AIX
Confidential, August 11 Till date
Sr. ETL Developer Des Moines, IA
Principal Financials isa regional leader in providing health care coverage and related services throughout the Mid west area. The goal of the project is to build ODS (Operational Data Store) to provide the technology that assists claim professionals in administering claim practices in a timely and effective manner. This is an application involving strategy, design, and development of the Data Warehouse. Using Informatica ETL tool data extracted from various systems including flat files, relational databases and loaded into Oracle target database.
- Involved in Design, Development, Testing phases of the Data warehouse and in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Analysis, Requirements gathering, function/technical specification, development, deploying and testing.
- Formalization of user requirements and creation the formal subject area description based on BRD, functional specs and technical specs, metadata for the data warehouse, database naming conventions using Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Developing several complex mappings in Informatica a variety of Power Center transformations, Mapping Parameters, Mapping Variables, Mapplets & Parameter files in Mapping Designer using Informatica Power Center
- Involved in Design and Data Modeling using the Star schema.
- Logical database modeling using Erwin includes definition of business entities and their relationships.
- DevelopLogical and Physical DataModel using Erwin, followed Star Schema to build Reporting datamart.
- Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Created Scripts using Teradata utilities (Fast load, Multi load, Fast export, Tpump, BTEQ).
- Extensively used loader utilities to load flat files into Teradata RDBMS.
- Performed high volume maintenance on large Teradata tables using Multi Load loader utility
- Used various Teradata Index techniques to improve the query performance.
- Involved in Developing ETL Strategy using Informatica 9.1.0.
- Developed mappings, workflows using Informatica 9.1.0
- Extracted data from DB2, Oracle and MS Access and loaded the data in Teradata utilities FASTLOAD/BULKLOAD/ TPUMP.
- Used Teradata utility BTEQ to summarize data for various criteria and upload to end tables
- Extracted data from various heterogeneous sources like Oracle, SQL Server, and Flat Files, XML
- Designed mapping documents and developed ETL packages using SSIS, SSRS. Designed and developed packages to build business rules to load data.
- Responsible for Performance tuning, and Error Handling
- Developed Re usable Transformations, and Mapplets.
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings for Type 1 SCD and Type 2 SCD
- Responsible for implementing Incremental Loading mappings using Mapping Variables and Parameter Files.
- Using Informatica Designerdesigned Mappings, which populated the Data into theTarget Star Schema,which is on Oracle Instance.
- Created advanced external procedures to test PERL functionality
- Responsible for determining the Performance bottlenecks and fixing the bottlenecks.
- Interact with OBIEE Analyst to assist him in Understanding the Source and Target System.
- Responsible for Unit Testing and Integration testing of mappings and workflows
- Involved in Production Deploymentand solved variousProduction issues.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle 10g, Teradata, DB2,OLAP, Windows 2003, Unix/Linux, Star schema, XML, Flat files, Microsoft Excel 2003, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD 9.1
Confidential,WASHINGTON DC April 10 August 11
Care First BCBS serves as the healthcare insurer company and in this project Data warehouse is built from different sources and loaded to Target Database, through which a critical mass of buyers and suppliers can benefit from aggregated, accurate data and realize true cost savings and process efficiencies. The System generates reports for covering purchase order status, purchase order history by department, purchase order history by supplier, and item exception reports etc.
- End-to-end ETL development of the Premium Module Data Mart.
- Maintained warehouse metadata, naming standards and warehouse standards for future application development.
- Parsing high-level design spec to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer.
- Maintain Development, Test and Production mapping migration Using Repository Manager, also used Repository Manager to maintain the metadata, Security and Reporting.
- Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design.
- ETL Migration process from legacy scripts to Informatica Power Center 8.6.
- Designed and developed UNIX scripts for creating, dropping tables which are used for scheduling the jobs.
- Extracted the data from Oracle, Flat Files, Transformed (Implemented required Business Logic) and Loaded into the target Data warehouse using SSIS (SQL Server 2005).
- Data Quality Analysis to determine cleansing requirements.
- Involved in dimensional modeling to design and develop STAR schemas by identifying the facts and dimensions.
- Designed and developed Informatica mappings for data loads.
- Created/modified a variety of parameterized, drill down, click through, chart, matrix, sub reports using SSRS 2008 using data from a variety of sources.
- Extensively used Erwin for data modeling and Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Responsible for the Dimensional Data Modeling and populating the business rules using mappings into the Repository for Meta Data management.
- Arrived at the dimension model of the OLAP data marts in ERwin.
- Extracted data from Sales department to flat files and load the data to the target database.
- Tuning Informatica Mappings and Sessions for optimum performance.
- Created and maintained several custom reports for the client using Business Objects.
- Generated reports using BO tools querying database.
- Created List Reports and Cross Tab Reports and Drill Through reports.
- Created standard and Ad hoc reports using Business Objects.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6 (Source Analyzer, Data warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet, Transformations, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor), Teradata V2R5,TD 13, Business Objects XI/6.5, Erwin 3.5, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i/7i, DB2, Windows 2000, HP-UX, AIX 4.3.3, Shell Scripting, OLAP
Confidential, Atlanta, GA Jan 09 - Mar 10
AT&T is a telecommunication company deals with voice services, internet services, private data networking, hosting services, integrated services and security services.The goal of this project is to provide a complete and accurate data for the AT&Tcustomers through Audits. Was part of the audits development team to develop audits for maintaining accurate data. A ticketing systems is also developed for raising concerns over the unmatched and data and as well as inaccurate data. I was a part of this team to address these issues.
- Responsible for the Business Analysis and Requirements gathering, create a road map for the Data warehouse designing.
- Translated user requirements into system solutions.
- Involved in Data Modeling sessions using Erwin.
- Involved in Data Analysis of the OLTP system to identify the sources for extraction of the data.
- Prepared the Technical and Functional Specification Documents.
- Prepared the Tech Design Document to some extent gathering the requirements from the clients.
- Extracted the data from Oracle, Flat Files, Transformed (Implemented required Business Logic) and Loaded into the target Data warehouse using SSIS (SQL Server 2005) AND MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Responsible for loading data into warehouse from different sources using Multiload and Fastload to load millions of records.
- Creating and modifying Oracle Database tables as per the design requirements and applying Constraints to maintain complete Referential Integrity and creating indexes for performance and loading the data into Oracle database tables.
- Designing and developing Mappings using Mapping Designer to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Router, Aggregator, Sorter, Ranker, Joiner, Stored Procedure, Update Strategy and Re-usable transformations.
- Creating Sessions, Workflows and Work lets for data loads using Workflow Manager
- Worked on Performance Tuning of various mappings and sessions to identify and remove Bottle Necks.
- Developed and implemented Error Handling Strategies.
- Deployment of the web service converted java interfaces on a daily basis to a Websphere testing environment for subsequent development of the front end.
- Preparing ETL mapping Documents for every mapping and Data Migration document for smooth transfer of project from development to testing environment and then to production environment.
- Involved in Unit testing, User Acceptance Testing to check whether the data is loading into target, which was extracted from different source systems according to the user requirements.
- Preparing and using test data/cases to verify accuracy and completeness of ETL process.
- Maintaining issue log of the issues during the UAT phase for future reference.
- Migrating Folders, Mappings across repositories and folders.
- Actively involved in the production support and also transferred knowledge to the other team members.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, BODI, Teradata, Oracle 9i, DB2, XML, MQ, Flat files, Microsoft Excel 2003, Text Pad, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD 9.1, Windows XP Professional, UNIX, Perl Scripting, Erwin 4.2, OLAP, SSIS, SSRS, Web services
Confidential,Houston, TX Nov 07 -Dec 08
The goal of this project is to develop data migration path from Legacy systems to One3 Remedy application and Siebel 7. The One3 Data conversion initiative encompasses several different data migration efforts including Vantive (Houston and Tel Aviv) to Remedy, Vantive to Siebel 7, Siebel 7 to Remedy and OE+(Order Entry) to Remedy. These systems are first mapped to conversion environment using Informatica tool and then loaded into One3 Oracle target.
The Data Conversion Strategy involves two stages Stage Load and Delta Load where in Stage Load all the Master Data and Transaction Data that is unlikely to be changed is loaded and Delta Load is used to reduce the outage window necessary to support the data load. To minimize down time, data load will be executed in three phases which involves one Stage Data Load and two Delta Loads.
- Worked as a Informatica Administrator.
- Resolved the issues Remedy Tickets on Priority basis.
- Analyzed the Fulfillment requests (FR) and Change request (CR) as per requests from HPPM.
- Installing Informatica Power center 8.5.1 on HP-UNIX.
- Creating SR to Informatica Inc- related to any Power center product issues.
- As per Fulfillment requests (FR) migration of objects in all phases (DEV, QA and PRD) of project and trained developers to maintain system when in production.
- Performed Upgrading Informatica Power center Version 7.x to Informatica Power center 8.X.
- Creating Folders and manages user and user group access to objects based on LDAP settings.
- Involving Testing, Debugging, Validation and Performance Tuning of data warehouse, help develop optimum solutions for data warehouse deliverables.
- Maintain all necessary updates and patches for the ETL environments.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Work UNIX / Windows Admin team related to OS.
- Monitoring the Jobs and sever space availability and CPU Process.
- Developed, Modified and Tested UNIX Shell scripts and necessary Test Plans to ensure the successful execution of the data loading process.
- Preparing Procedures for related Informatica issues.
- Preparing weekly and monthly progress report.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.4, Oracle 9i, Siebel, Sybase, XML, Microsoft Excel 2000, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD 184.108.40.206g, SQL Server 2 005 SSIS, SSRS, Windows XP Professional, UNIX, Perl Scripting, AIX, Erwin 4.2., Remedy, MS Virtual Source Safe, Share Point, DATAFLUX.
- Bachelors in Computer Science