- Over Eight years of experience in information systems including full systems development life cycle, business intelligence and data warehouse application development and support
- Results-focused with proven ability to design and develop quality software applications to support reporting and business intelligence initiatives.
- Talent for communicating and solving complex problems, improving data management, automating and integrating systems.
- Strong technical background with years of data modeling and ETL development experience
- Good team player with an ability to work on multiple projects
- Business Intelligence / OLAP
- Data Warehousing
- Interface and Integration Development
- Database Design and Development
- Application Development
- Enterprise Reporting
- Net Development
Windows NT, 2000, 98, 95 & UNIX (Sun Solaris/IBM AIX, HP)
PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, .Net,
Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2, Microsoft SQL server and MS Access
Microsoft Visio, ER Studio, ChangeMan DS, Peoplesoft EPM 8.8, Business Objects 6.5, XI, Micro Strategy, Microsoft Integration and Reporting Services, Ascential Datastage, Application Designer, Data Mover, Peoplesoft Query, SQR, Crystal Reports, Peoplesoft Internet Architecture, Oracle Reports, Forms, FTP, Telnet, IE, TOAD, Visual Editor, PVCS Version Control, SQL Loader and Microsoft Office
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Ascential Datastage, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DTS, Business Objects 6.5
Confidential, Cleveland, OH April 2010 to Current
- Assist in the data analysis of CC& B, AS400 and IPCC systems
- Assist with the design and development of the logical data models for loading CC& B, AS400 and the IPCC information
- Developed ETL jobs to load data from disparate sources
- Assist with the Oracle Streams implementation
- Assist with the Business Objects installation and configuration
- Designed the security model of the Business Intelligence system implementation
- Assist with the analysis of the CC& B system to identify the changed data capture(CDC)
- Developed SQL loader interfaces to load AS400 data into the data warehouse staging schema
- Assist with writing database stored functions to supplement ETL work
- Developed scripts to create database objects such as tables, triggers, sequences, indexes etc.
- Analyzed the AS400 Cobol process from legacy system to create CC& B adjustments
- Assist with the configuration of the ETL environment
- Developed ETL workflows, data flows using Data Integrator tool
- Assist with universe design and development
- Created scripts for additional data elements on the tables
Confidential, June 2007 to March 2010
- Develop ETL maps to load data from disparate source systems into the staging, Warehouse and mart tables using IBM Datastage tool
- Developed interfaces to load customer information into DB2 and oracle environments.
- Developed application to invoke and schedule the interfaces using .NET and Java
- Work with the clients and business analysts to review database related requirements
- Assist with the design and development of the change data capture (CDC) architecture
- Assist with the design and development of the data model to capture ETL job logs, job stats etc. for operations group
- Participate in the status and other team meetings/discussions
- Assist in the creation of the staging, enterprise data warehouse and reporting database layers
- Assist in reverse engineering of PeopleSoft application engine metadata
- Assist with development of SQL parsing architecture
- Assist in design and development of impact analysis and data lineage tool
- Developed complex SQLs to building Materialized Query tables
- Developed complex UniData queries to read datastage metadata repository
- Assist in the development of the PeopleSoft objects such as fields, records, pages etc to create business metadata from the Impact analysis, data lineage tool
- Assist in the design and development of the data model to support Basel II initiative and other financial reporting needs
- Developed Unit test plans/cases and executed unit and integration testing
- Worked closely with the users to understand and analyze business requirements and translate them into ETL specifications
- Document data issues noted during the data loads and worked with the business users to resolve them
- Served as a point of contact to business users and clients
- Developed functional requirements for reporting needs based on information gathering sessions with clients and technical team members
- Interacted with business clients in gathering and managing data warehouse analytics and management reports
- Developed database triggers, stored procedures and functions to supplement work done in the datastage ETL tool using PL/SQL and T-SQL
- Provided SQL tuning, table indexing, data migration, project migration, program debugging and database tuning services
- Troubleshoot ETL jobs and assist with the testing of database stored procedures and functions
- Documented unit and integration test cases, scenarios and results of ETL jobs
- Developed stored procedures and functions in SQL Server 2000 to load data from the vendors FTP sites
Confidential, Cleveland, OH May 2003- April 2007
Data Warehouse Modeler/ ETL Developer
- Develop impact and preliminary analysis, and participate actively in the implementation of student and financial data marts
- Designed and Developed Universes and reports using Business objects to support financial reporting.
- Assist with the Business Objects migration from version 6.5 to version xi
- Documented the ETL mapping document and reviewed it with the team.
- Developed technical specifications for ETL process for populating Fact and Dimension table of data warehouse.
- Supported backup and migration of metadata in development, test and production environments.
- Responsible to perform administration functions, such as creating, copying, backing up, and restoring projects, setting user permissions, manage job logs and defining environment variables.
- Calculated projected cash flow values and stored data for the instrument maturity profile using Aggregator and Lookup transformations in ETL process.
- Utilized hash file component for validating the source data.
- Documented source and target table mappings from various sources such as Files, DB2 and Oracle databases.
- Developed ETL maps to first stage the data into the staging area and perform validations against the source data before loading data into the data mart fact and dimension tables.
- Tuned the performance for ETL jobs by tuning the SQL used in Transformations.
- Developed batch and shell scripts for scheduling the ETL jobs.
- Developed validation reports to ensure the source data is loaded into the staging and data mart layers.
- Support in the design of dimensional modeling star and snowflake schemas
- Support in identifying and tracking of the slowly changing dimensions and heterogeneous sources
- Responsible in resolving issues during data warehouse testing and validation by displaying a thorough understanding of the financial and human resources data
- Responsible for resolving ETL issues, created batches using datastage to run the data load processes between the operational systems and ODS layer
- Develop schema objects, such as, tables, views, indexes, packages, triggers, Procedures and Functions in Oracle9i environment. Designed and developed shell scripts to automate the ETL maps.
- Assist in the design of the data models for data warehouse and data marts development using Oracle Designer