A challenging data warehouse position utilizing various ETL tools with the possibility of career advancement.
- Exceptional experience and background in data warehouse methodology, star schema, snow flake schema, design, development, customization, and implementation and testing of software applications and products.
- Worked on insurance data and retail data
- Utilized source to target mapping documents to design and develop Datastage jobs
- Strong expertise in RDBMW, SQL scripting and utilized SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Navigator, SQL Developer, Toad.
- Worked on a retail database and performed change data capture in server Datastage 7.5 edition
- Used the join stage to perform joins between tables and utilized the transformer stage to do various data manipulations by using functions such as trim, right and left.
- In parallel extender 8.1 platform, I Extracted data from flat file (NVarchar), made some transformations in shared container, and inserted the data in the target database.
- Used the lookup stage in parallel 8.1 edition to lookup calendar fiscal year
- Learned how to do data validation by using the len and other various functions in transformer
- Replaced ODBC stage jobs with merge stages to enhance the performance and reduce processing time
- Learned source-to-target mapping to determine transformation logic prior to the ETL design flow
- Learned about job parameters and why parameter sets are used
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing Datastage ETL tool, Oracle, SQL Server and Unix.
- I have light experience of scripting/coding server routines
- Used various partitioning techniques i.e. hash, same, auto, round-robin
- Learned that the best partition method is hash because it ensures that all the duplicates are in the same partition and can be cleansed using the remove duplicates stage
- Team player with excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions in Oracle
- Wrote Unix Scripts to run Datastage jobs, Used Unix sort commands to sort data as a performance tuning technique
- Experience in designing jobs using Parallel Extender Partitioning and Pipelining techniques.
MS, Information Systems,
BA, Information Technology & Informatics
Information Technology and Informatics; Communications; Social Informatics; Management Information Technology; Leadership Technological Environment; Computer Concepts; Object Oriented Programming with Java; Web Design; Economics of Information Technology; Retrieving and Evaluating Electronic Information; Information Visualization; Information Technology and Learning; Database Technologies with SQL; Data Modeling; Ecommerce; Statistical Methods of IT
Dec 2010 Present
Confidential, South Plainfield, NJ
Datastage Data Warehouse ETL Developer
- Over 2 years of unpaid DataStage 7.5/8.1 experience & 4 months of real time senior level project experience (worked at [Stanley, Black & Decker] & [Assurant]).
- Extracted data from Oracle database and developed Datastage Parallel Jobs
- Used source to target mapping to design a job and as a guide for any transformations that were needed
- Developed SQL queries using Toad platform
- Developed change capture jobs on 7.5 server platform
- Developed 8.1 parallel jobs, extracted from source file and loaded data to datamart
- Wrote UNIX scripts to run Datastage jobs
- Used various partitioning methods and employed various performance tuning techniques
- Refer to summary above for an elaborate description of my skillset regarding Datastage
- Created job sequencers to execute jobs sequentially
- Utilized various Datastage stages such as Transformer, Sequential File, Lookup, Dynamic RDBMS and etc
Jun 2008 - Dec 2009
Database Management Developer
- Assisted with configuring hardware equipment used in stores
- Analyzed entity relational diagrams and identified referential integrity between relations
- Updated systems with new programs and necessary applications
- Assisted and managed Java based software programs
- Developed SQL queries and used group by and having clauses
- Joined several tables using join clause on primary key
- Analyzed entity relational diagram to find the relationships between tables
Sept 2007 - May 2008
Confidential,New Brunswick, NJ
- Conducted research on the human computer interaction and attended Aresty meetings
- Managed experiment sessions for subjects to use the special computer interface
May 2007 Aug 2007
Financial Services Representative
- Assisted corporate executives with obtaining new clients
- Performed profit and loss management and maintained commission charts
- Used pivot tables and performed V-lookups on MS Excel spreadsheets
May 2006 - July 2006
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
IT Business Analyst Assistant
- Designed a matrix showing all budget categories listed by programs
- Used Java based software programs and conducted several configurations
- Assisted with the development of System of Administrative Grants Electronically
- Planned and designed customized application forms for various programs
- Helped with administrative tasks: grant writing, budget review and clinic chart audits
- Attended administrative meetings to discuss contracting and fiscal reports