DBMS: Analytics Platform System(APS/PDW), Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/20XX, Teradata, Sybase 11.9/12.5, Oracle 10/11g, MS Access
Reporting: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PopChart
Platforms: MS-DOS, Windows 9X/2000/ME/NT/XP/Vista/7/8/Server 20XX, AS/400 and VAX/VMS MS Visual Studio 200X, CS3, SQL Server Management Studio 7.0/ 200X, SSIS, SSAS, BIDS, DataStage, Visual SourceSafe
Tools: Tortoise SVN, Mercury Quality Center, MS Office, MS SharePoint, Toad, MS Visio, MS SQL Profiler, MS Cluster Administrator, Red Gate, Team Foundation Server
Sr. Datawarehouse Database Consultant
- Expert in designing and implementing complex databases using various RDMSs across multiple platforms, - SQL SERVER, APS/PDW, Oracle, Teradata, Sybase.
- Performance monitoring of database systems and make tuning changes to remove performance bottlenecks.
- Increased Data Warehouse overnight batch performance and data delivery throughput with ETL and DWLoader. .
- Design and lead the development, testing and implementation of complex extract data transformation systems.
- Research and evaluate alternative database solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the project.
Technical Project Manager / Client Engagement Lead
Confidential, San Diego, MN
- Engage in management activities for multiple Subrogation, Fraud, and Healthcare Cost Estimator projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure.
- Manage, delegate and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to: Project tasks, schedules, plans, status reports.
- Tailor project management, software development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
- Provide project status to senior management including recommendations about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation.
- Communicate and collaborate with customers as needed in regards to project deliverables and managing expectations.
- Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
Lead Developer/ Technical Project Manager/ Scrum Master
- Served as agile software development lead and technical project manager for TRAPS and Kaiser Permanente web- applications by coordinating development work with the internal and external clients to ensure smooth running of development and operational support processes.
- Managed platform migration effort for Fee Negotiation software applications between legacy and United Health Group IT managed services data centers by coordinating all infrastructure migration and offshore development work with UHG-IT internal and external departments.
- Performed scrum master activities to organize sprints and releases with Fee Negotiation team using Rally Dev.
- Developed coding conventions and standards to enhance source code and increase software maintainability.
- Work closely with business users and managers to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Used MS SQL Server Tools, Profiler, C# .Net, IIS, SVN, TWS Batch Scheduling, RallyDev, Mercury ITG and Release Services.
Sr. Data Analytics Analyst/ Software Engineer
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
- Design, develop, test, and implement scalable and reliable data warehouse ETL applications using agile software development methodologies in Microsoft technologies, specifically SQL Server development tools using Transact SQL.
- Worked closely with onshore and offshore software development teams to develop complex stored procedures, indexes, executions plans, data modeling, DB I/O performance tuning, code optimization, data and software migrations, coordinate user acceptance testing and conduct technology training sessions for customers and team members.
- Participate in analysis and design around complex claim processing for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) government programs to improve efficiencies in information delivery.
- Work with less structured teams to define processes for complex issues related to client integration and release management.
- Used MS SQL Server Tools, BIDS, SSIS, Profiler, C# .Net, SVN, AutoSys Batch Scheduling, RallyDev, Mercury ITG and Release Services.
Web Application Developer
Confidential, Rochester, MN
- Creation and maintenance of many web applications and websites for corporate clients.
- Performed the full spectrum of Web-related tasks, including rapid prototyping, design and layout, server-side programming, MS SQL database stored procedure writing/optimization, interface updates, SOA through Web Services, AJAX interactivity, standards-compliant XHTML and CSS, testing, training, and ongoing updates.
- Assess client needs and develop specifications, plan and implement projects from conceptual initial design through coding, testing, final delivery, and client approval.
- Multitask simultaneously between multiple teams/ projects and on-call support duties by successfully meeting all timeframes.
- Provided training and mentoring for new consultant staff, junior programmers and interns.