- 8+ years of experience in Business Requirements Gathering, GAP Analysis, Data Modeling, Development, Testing, Implementations and Documentations of Data Warehouse / Data Marts deployments and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Extensive Business Intelligence experience using OBIEE 11g, OBIEE 10.1.3.x, Siebel Analytics 7.x.
- Experience of installation of OBIEE 10g/11G on Windows Single Server and Clustered.
- Participated in Installation Of OBIEE 11g on Linux and worked on Web logic Admin console and Web logic Enterprise manager.
- Worked on OBIEE 11g created Analysis, Dashboards, Agents.
- Configured AD in Administration console for Authentication and created Application Roles In OBIEE 11g
- Created Multiple Hierarchies and created Drilldown Analysis in OBIEE 11g.
- Upgrading of reports from OBIEE 10g to 11g environment and validating.
- Very strong experience in developing Siebel Analytics Repository (.rpd) at three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Presentation Layer), Time Series Objects, Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using page and dashboard prompts, Siebel Security Setup (groups, object and data level), LDAP, External Tables, configured Analytics Metadata objects (Subject Area, Table, Column), Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports) and scheduling iBots.
- Implemented OBIEE/Siebel Analytics security at the data and object levels.
- Configured Row level security and Object level security using Application roles.
- Experience of OBIEE in both Windows and Unix/Linux Environment.
- Expert in migration of RPD and web catalogs across environments.
- Extensively experienced and comprehensively skillful in using various features/tools of OBIEE involving both server side and web.
- Extensive experience and with Fact dimensional tables, and slowly changing dimensions.
- Expertise in setting up Multi User Development (MUD) environment.
- Experience in BI PUBLISHER.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning Analytics Dashboards / Reports and Data Warehouse database.
- Solid foundation in Oracle PL/SQL Procedures, Packages, Functions, Triggers and other objects.
- Business Analysis experience with excellent communication & interpersonal skills and broad understanding of business operations and requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment and desire to learn new tools and technologies. Always willing to work in challenging and cross platform environments.
- Bachelor of Technology in Engineering
OBIEE 11g, OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Siebel 7.8/7.7/7.5.3, Oracle BI Publisher, BI Answers, Dashboards, Delivers, iBots.
Data Warehouse :
Informatica 6.x/7.x/8.x (PowerCenter & PowerMart)
Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access
TOAD, SQL * Loader
OLTP (CRM) :
Siebel 7.7/7.5.2/7/0/3, Siebel Tools
Windows NT/2000/XP, Unix, Linux, Windows Server 2003/2008
C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus 8.x/9.x, Java Script, VB Script, HTML, XML
Data Modeling Logical / Physical, Star, FACT & Dimension Tables, OLAP, SDLC, ETL
Confidential,BOSTON, MA May’12-Till Date
Sr.OBIEE DEVELOPER 11g
- Worked closely with the System Analyst in understanding the workflow of business in the Vertex and generate reports as per the user requirement
- Involved in the gathering and analysis of Technical and Functional Documents of Business
- Participated in the building of Physical and Technical Data Models according to the business requirements.
- Documentation of Technical design, Data lineage and other supporting documents
- Expertized in understanding the Source and Target systems.
- Customized OOTB ETL Mappings in Informatica by TYPE1 customization, Executed plans in DAC and Reports/Dashboards based on the business requirements.
- Experienced in development of both OOTB and Custom Reports which includes FINANCIALS ANALYTICS and PROCUREMENT & SPEND ANALYTICS.
- Created mockup reports and dashboards for review by the business users.
- Imported the custom fact and dimension tables and configured it in the 3 layers of the RPD.
- Customized RPD to achieve the objects based on client requirement.
- Created dimension hierarchies, aggregates and keys in the BMM layer.
- Implemented Level Based Metrics in the BMM layer. Created Compound facts.
- Customized reporting with OBIEE Answers and integrated them into the Dashboards, provided users flexibility of viewing summary report and navigate to detail level using navigation.
- Developed various Reports and Dashboards by using Report features like Pivot tables, charts and view selector.
- Implemented user level, object level and row level security in the RPD, dashboards and report level security at the presentation and reporting paradigm according to user requirement.
- Implemented Security settings in Administration tool to setup users, Groups and access privileges.
- Created Roles in Enterprise Manager and granted these roles to the users.
- Setup Usage tracking option to monitor frequently run reports in order to provide caching for the reports and perform database optimization by analyzing query performance.
- Created and scheduled Agents to send pre-processed reports using OBIEE Delivers to send users.
- Expert in Migration of OBIEE, ETL, DAC between the environments.
- Experience in building reports using Noetix views for Financials
- Expert in understanding of EBS Modules
- Performed Data Validation, unit testing of data in the reports and dashboards.
- Extensively worked on Tuning SQL to improve performance of the reports.
- Documented the design for intuitive understanding and future reference.
- Performed production support for Financial Analytics project.
Environment: OBIEE11.1.5, OBIA 188.8.131.52, Noetix 5.8.7, Informatica 9.0.1, Oracle 11g
Confidential,PALO ALTO, CA Jan’12 – April’12
Sr.OBIEE DEVELOPER 11g
- Involved in gathering new and existing report Business Requirements, performed GAP Analysis, and Data Analysis.
- Upgraded OBIEE10g application to 11g application and validated the Dashboards and Reports of different modules like ELM, LBRE, SOM EAM, Authority, Work Group and Global Services.
- Worked on retrofitting these upgraded OBIEE11g Reports of different Modules for what OBIEE is capable of reporting.
- Worked directly on Source system views – PeopleSoft, Noetix.
- Customized the Views of STARS- PEOPLESOFT Module called ELM subject area according to the user needs.
- Customized views in ELM Module in order to increase the performance of the reports.
- Involved in increasing the Performance of OBIEE11g Prompts by creating individual customized view for prompt columns in ELM subject area for STARS project.
- Created these customs report views, prompt views and Configured into the RPD. Created compound views according to the user requirement.
- Customized the RPD of Global Services and creating the Dimension Hierarchies in the Business model.
- Developed different reports using BIPUBLISHER for Time and Leave project.
- Expertise in RPD Development, Oracle Answers, Customizing the views, ETL Configuration.
- Expertise in 3-Way Merging, Patch Repository Merging and association of Project in the MUD environment.
- Expert in the enhancement of the OBIEE11g reports and dashboards.
- Created mapping to all columns from BO to OBI for Procurement Project and developed reports and dashboards in OBIEE11g using Noetix Views.
- EnhancedQuery performance, byanalyzing & modifyingSQL QueryandFilters, for all the reports and dashboard prompts, to minimize the delay in Physical Query Execution.
- EnabledDeliversusing Agents for delivery of reports to alert the financial team about business changes,by setting up Scheduler and configuringJob Manager in OBIEE11g.
- ImplementedComprehensive Security Model, by creating User Roles, Init Blockand setting upExternal Table Authentication.
- Worked on Administration Manage Privileges to set up user permissions.
Environment: OBIEE11.1.5, Noetix 5.8.7, People Soft 184.108.40.206.0, Oracle11g
Sr.OBIEE DEVELOPER 11g May ‘11 – Dec’11
- Interacted with business representatives for requirement analysis, and to define business and function/technical specifications
- Experienced in development of both OOTB and Custom Reports which includes FINANCIALS, HR, P&S and SCM Modules
- Created Dimension Hierarchies in the business model and mapping Layer to drill down custom Store and product dimensions
- Upgraded OBIEE10g application to 11g application and validated the Dashboards and Reports of all Modules in Unix/Windows Environment
- Experienced with Gap analysis between existing reports and reports to be built in OBIEE11g with recommendations of what OBIEE is capable of reporting
- Customized OBIEE OOTB metadata repository for Supply Chain Management and FINANCIALS subject areas.
- Implemented the type 1 and type 2 customizations. Created the new columns in existing fact and dimension tables and creating all together the new dimension and fact tables
- Imported the custom fact and dimension tables and configured it in the 3 layers of the RPD. Implemented Level Based Metrics in the BMM layer. Created Compound facts in the BMM as per the client requirement
- Installed configured DAC on Unix environment
- Configured DAC –Data warehouse Access control for running of ETL jobs
- Expertise in RPD Development, Oracle Answers, DAC Configuration, ETL Configuration.
- Implemented OBIEE Security (Object Level and Data Level Security in the OBIEE Repository and Answers) using Repository Variables, Session Variables and Initialization Blocks
- Created Security settings in Oracle Administration Tool to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and also manages security for groups in BI Answers
- Managed Security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements
- Developed different reports using Siebel Dashboard and Answers like views & charts, pivot and narrative, tabular used global and local filters
- Created the Custom Dashboard for the custom reports and aligned the reports with in the dashboard according to client requirement
- Created Filters and providing customized prompts appropriately to avoid excessive data showing up on reports.
- Performed Unit Testing of the reports and involved in writing Test Cases to test the generated Reports
- Performance tuning in OBIEE for custom made star schemas by implementing aggregate navigation and cache management
Environment: OBIEE11.1.5, OBIA 220.127.116.11, Oracle 11g, Informatica 9.0.1
Confidential,DALLAS, TX Jan ‘10 – May ‘11
OBIEE Developer 10g/11g
- Participated in requirements gathering of the various work streams by meeting with the business user and base lining the details.
- Work experience has given me the opportunity to acquire in depth Functional knowledge of customer’s business, process flow and procedures of various domains as well as building customer relationship skills
- Performed the detailed design of Reports / Dashboards and Analytical Data Model (Metadata / .rpd) by performing Gap Analysis between the reports and the new requirements.
- Involved in gathering new and existing report Business Requirements, performed GAP Analysis, and Data Analysis.
- Conducted meetings with business representatives for gathering the business requirements.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional business groups, as well as technical specialists
- Identified the Data Sources (Relational, Excel etc), Facts, and Dimension tables in designing the Star Schema for the Data Mart
- Designed and Built RPD at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer (connecting Data sources & import schema), Business Model / data mapping (create Logical tables & data source mapping) and Presentation Layer level (create presentation catalogs.), test and validate the model
- Involved in RPD Modeling which includes building star schema as per the business requirements and configuration of Logical Layer, Logical tables, dimensions and columns in Business Model and Mapping layer. Established the logical joins/keys required to support drill-down aggregation
- Developed reports using BI Dashboard and Answers, views & charts, created filters to obtain weekly sales for each region & send alerts to upper management.
- Configured metadata objects (Subject Area, Table and Column) and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders and Reports).
- Created Dashboards by embedding reports and providing intuitive drilldowns and links to exploit the full benefits.
- Developed Reports/Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down/ Dynamic, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with Global and local Filters).
- Migrating reports across various environments and validating them.
- Experience in upgrading OBIEE from 10g to 11g and in installation of OBIEE 11G on Windows Single Server and Clustered.
- Migration of OBIEE reports from 10g to 11g Platform.
- Enhance performance of Reports / Dashboards by implementing the Aggregate tables, Materialized Views, Creation / Re-building of Indexes and managing Cache etc.
- Implemented Security by authenticating against the LDAP. Implemented Authorization using External Table and Session variables.
- Created iBots to deliver reports to business users via email and to speed up some expensive queries by enabling the cache ceding functionality while creating the iBots..
Environment: Windows 2003, OBIEE 10.1.3.4 (Oracle BI Admin Tool, Answer, Presentation Services), Oracle 10g/11g, OBIEE 18.104.22.168(Answers, Presentation services).
Confidential,SFO, CA Jan‘08 – Nov ‘09
- Worked closely with Business Analyst in understanding the Analytics requirements and generated reports as per the user requirements.
- Experience in Preparing Design Specification documents based on functional requirements and also involved in the preparation of Technical Design Documents.
- Interacted regularly with all teams involved in Application Maintenance and the higher management to meet the deadlines of Project milestones.
- Excellent facilitator and communicator with both upper management and software developers in technical / non-technical terms.
- Converted the Functional Specs to technical design and designed the overall rpd metadata development methodology.
- Involved in RPD Modeling which includes building star schema as per the business requirements and configuration of Logical Layer, Logical tables, dimensions and columns in Business Model and Mapping layer. Established the logical joins/keys required to support drill-down aggregation.
- Developed Role-Based Dashboards for Region Managers, CFO and Business Heads to review the Forecasts vs. Revenues and Contact Relationship Management (CRM) to analyze the financial service center statistics
- Performance Tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made changes to database by implementing the materialized views, partitions, re-building of indexes, overwriting the SQL execution path by making use of hints etc.
- Worked closely with Users, Developers and Administrators to resolve ongoing Production Problems by reviewing design changes made to production systems and made corresponding changes to the OBIEE Repository.
- Created iBots to deliver reports to business users via email and to speed up some expensive queries by enabling the cache ceding functionality while creating the iBots.
- Implemented security by creating roles & web groups, checks with LDAP Authentication.
- Developed Dimensions and Time Series objects in the Business Model and Mapping Layer with Security settings in Analytics Admin Tool to setup groups, access privileges and query privileges.
- Created Dashboards by embedding reports and providing intuitive drilldowns and links to exploit the full benefit of Analytics.
- Involved in developing the Incremental ETL process i.e., Mappings & Mapplets using various Transformations and Workflows with Sessions / Tasks
- Developed Reports/Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down/ Dynamic, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with Global and local Filters) using Siebel Analytics Web.
Environment: Windows 2003, OBIEE 10.1.3.4 (Oracle BI Admin Tool, Answer, Presentation Services), Oracle 10g,Informatica 8.x.
Confidential,SANTA MONICA, CA Mar ‘06 – Oct ‘07
- Business Analysis(Conducted Interviews to gather Business Requirements and Prepared the detail Functional Specification Document).
- IdentifiedBusiness Model, Determined Facts & Dimensions, Granularity, and Data Consistency across Dimensions.
- Identified Data Sources and Browsed Data Content.
- Prepared Design Document, Facts and Dimensions, Stars with Hierarchies, Business Names for Source Columns, Reports and Dashboard Layouts.
- Created Analytics Repository by importing required objects into Physical Layer using connection pool, developing multiple dimensions (drill down hierarchies), logical objects. Created Level based Measures and Aggregate navigation in BMM layerand created presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Built Reporting Dashboards and Pages. Created 40 Critical Reports in Answers, developed and debugged manyDashboards / Reportswith differentAnalytics Views(Pivot Table, Chart, Tabular and View Selector),Alerts, Guided Navigation andDynamic Dashboardswith drill-down capabilities using dashboard and page prompts.
- Deployed Appropriate Security Model for different Users throughexternal table authentication with session variables and object level security for different web groups.
- Managed Security Privileges on Analytics Web Catalog for set up groups and access privileges.
- Involved in setting up methods of Usage Tracking using Direct Insertion and setting up Log File. Merged the Usage Tracking Repository with the main repository to have dashboard based usage tracking.
- Developed different kinds of complex reports using Unions.
- Configured and Scheduled i-BOTs to deliver report contents to all users through different devices on various locations.
- Viewed SQL query in Query Log and used Toad to run & debug the SQL query issued during report execution.
- Performance Tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made changes to database by implementing the materialized views, re-building of indexes.
- Migrated OBIEErepository andWeb cat from windows to Linux environment.
Environment:Siebel Analytics 7.X, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) EE 10.1.x, Oracle10g, Informatica.
Confidential,HYDERABAD, INDIA Sep ‘04 – Jan ‘06
Siebel Analytics/Informatica Developer
- Involved in meeting with business representatives for requirement analysis and to define business and functional specifications.
- Identified the GAP’s by analyzing the Datamart instance and provided alternative solutions as well recommended changes to database
- Designed, Developed and Tested Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer of Siebel Analytics RPD
- Migrated code from Dev to QA and QA to Production of Repository, Dashboard Reports and Informatica mappings and workflow and DAC Entities.
- Analytics Admin work: New Id creation, Account modification of existing users, Password reset and Deletion of accounts
- Designed, Developed and Tested Data security and Dashboard security in Analytics
- Developed many Ad-hoc and standard Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, and Tabular with global and local Filters) using Presentation Services/Siebel Analytics Web.
- Modified iBots for various threshold values using Scheduler.
- Maintained extensive documentation for design, implementation and testing OBIEE Analytics requests, Dashboards.
- Designed and developed the ETL Mappings for the source systems data extractions, data transformations, data staging, movement and aggregation.
- Involved in Production Support, UAT and sign-off from the users.
- Involved in developing complex ETL process i.e., Mappings & Mapplets using various Transformations (Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Rank, Router, Update Strategy, and Look-Up) and Workflows with Sessions / Tasks.
- Performance Tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made changes to database by implementing the materialized views, partitions, re-building of indexes etc.
Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.x, Informatica PowerCenter 6.x, Oracle 9i, Unix, SQL, Pl/SQl.