- Strong understanding in enterprise data warehouse (EDW) analysis.
- Expert in ETL IBM IIS (Datastage) SDLC, from design, implementation, testing, production deployment, and software administration; also familiar with Informatica design and process.
- Expertise in relation database in DB2, Oracle, SQL server and strong SQL.
- Strong experience with Java development using Eclipse, Python, R.
- Strong experience in Linux and shell scripting.
- Familiar with version control tool such as GITHUB.
- Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop, Mongo DB.
- Strong business analysis skill and fast learner for debugging, research and investigation. Self - motivation and ability to work equally well independently and within a team environment.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, Mainframe (OS/390), Windows (Server 2012/XP/7/10)
Databases: DB2, Teradata, Oracle, Microsoft SQL server, SQLite
Languages: SQL, UNIX Shell Script, R, Python, Java
Software: IBM InfoSphere Information Server (v7.5, 8.1, 8.5, 9.1, 11.3,11.5), Informatica, DB2 relational database, Microsoft Office 365, Teradata Utilities (BTEQ, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, SQL Assistant), Citrix, Dbvisualizer, Datameer, File Transfer (FTP-Putty & WINSCP), Autosys
- Installed and supported IBM InfoSphere Information Server (IIS, v11.5) on Windows server 2012 with regular maintenance.
- Installed and supported IBM DB2 database (v11) on Windows server 2012.
- Independently designed and supported ETL development jobs for daily RFS reports to import data from Microsoft MySQL.
- Experience importing data from more TEMPthan 40 Remedy Oracle tables to support daily IBM BAS reports.
- Experience with data warehousing with utilizing star schema data stores for ETL targets.
- Independently designed and supported ETL for 70+ daily reports with 200+ tables and 300G+ data, worked from development, testing, UAT to Production deployment.
- Independently installed IBM IIS software (version 9.1) in both customer Dev and Prod Linux servers; regularly maintained and supported the server; set up IIS high availability configuration for Disaster recovery.
- Implementing business requirements into ETL process to deliver reports.
- Familiar with data warehouse, closely working with database administrators in table indexes and foreign key configurations to improve ETL process.
- Creating scripts to run Autosys to schedule ETL loading process.
- Leading USA region ETL team to perform data processing, and application/Software development to deliver reports for multiple clients.
- Supporting ETL QA testing before deploying codes in different environments from Development to UAT, and then to Production.
- Primarily worked on ETL develop to provide report data for diverse customers, such as State of New York, State of Ohio, Glodman Sachs, ULA...
- Mentoring and training new developers to understand Datastage and data model.
- Worked on project migration from Datastage v8.7 to v9.1, then to v11.3.
- Built measure and metrics for service level agreement management and analysis for global clients, such as AmerisourceBergen, Panasonic, Hartford et al.
- Primarily built Automatic Call Distribution processing for report and integrated it to ADW project for multiple customers.
- Worked on project migration from Datastage v8.1 to v8.7.
- Strong analytical skill, good at ETL process debugging and trouble-shooting.
- Working on a project for a major financial institution
- Worked on project migration from Datastage V7.5 to V8.1
- Designed, developed unit test for each individual DataStage jobs.
- Developed efficient reconciliation scripts to query and validate the migration results.
- Utilized Mainframe to handle database and text editing.
- Worked on a retail ETL project
- Involved in a project using Teradata to manage the Enterprise Data Warehouse of star schema with slowly changing dimensions methods for Retail Company.
- Programmed highly efficient SQL to manage over 800 Gig of sales data using Teradata BTEQ.
- Designed and developed processes for extracting sales and pricing data from legacy systems and production databases.
- Developed and tested processes for loading initial and cyclical sales and pricing data into a data warehouse.
- Responsible for executing Brain Korea21 research project to study the root hair morphogenesis in plant via development progress tracking system and delivering final report on schedule and within budget
- Managed and reported on project requirements, progress, and deliverables
- Involved in mentoring graduate students
- Responsible for executing National Science Foundation (USA) research projects to investigate the mechanism of insect resistance in agriculture and leave development in plant
- Delivered final report on schedule and within budget
- Wrote manuscript for journal publication