- Database Testing: Proficient in writing SQL queries to perform data driven tests and involved in back-end and front-end testing. Strong knowledge of RDBMS concepts. Developed SQL queries in Oracle database, DB2, SQL Server database and Sybase database to conduct Database testing.
- Validation includes Standard Datawarehousing Processes (Slowly Changing Dimensions-SCD, Insert/Update/Delete Logics, Record Counts Reconciliation, DDL’s, Constraints, Referential Integrity, Formats, Default values, business Functionality logics etc…)
- Test Management tools: Used Test Director/ Quality Center for management of test plan, test design, test execution and defect log phase. Rational Quality Manager for management of STLC including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management and reporting.
- Rational Suite: Experience in IBM Rational Suite for maintaining test requirements, test flows using Requisite Pro, automate tests using Rational Robot and Rational Functional tester, Defect tracking using Rational Clear Quest, version control using Rational Clear Case.
- Automation Test Techniques: Efficiently performed load testing, stress testing and performance testing using Load Runner by scripting VUser scripts for multiple users, multiple transactions at rendezvous points. Performed User Interface testing using QTP, Win Runner record and play back.
- Defect Tracking Tools: Efficiently performed Defect Tracking using various tools like Quality Center/Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla and PVCS Tracker
- Domain Knowledge: Financial-Mortgage, Transportation (logistics), Health Care, Insurance, Retails and Utilities.
- Having Good Experience in Testing Web Applications, Point of Sales (POS), GUI (Graphical User Interface), Mainframe applications and EDI Transactions.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & communication skills, with particular emphasis on clearly communicating & documenting detailed Test Requirements, Specifications & Tests
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Bachelor of Computer Sciences BSC (Computer Science)
Functional Requirement Gathering & Analysis, Analyzing Business Rules, Test Flows, Test Planning, Causal Analysis of Defects, System Change Request, Impact Analysis
Test Director, Quality Center, Rational Quality Manager, Traceability Matrix for Requirements and Defects.
Object Oriented, Top to Bottom and Bottom to Top test methodology, Requirement based, Risk based, Priority based test methodology, Point of Sales
TestDirector9.0/8.0/7.5, Quality Center9.0/8.2,QuickTestPro9.5/9.2/8.0, WinRunner9.2/9.0/8.0/7.5, LoadRunner9.2/9.0/8.0,
Informatica 7.1/8.x, Data Stage 7.5/8.1,Oracle Data Integrator
Cognos 8.X, Business Objects XI R2,OBIEE
Data Modeling tool:
ERWIN , Microsoft Visio
Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, IBM DB2 v8.1.6, Sybase12.0/11.0, MS Access , Rapid SQL ,TOAD,PLSQL Developer, ODBC, Oracle SQL Developer 22.214.171.124
Autosys ,Control M,, TIDAL, Mainframes OPC Scheduler
IBM Rational Suite:
Rational Clear Quest 7.1/7.0.1,Rational Clear Case7.1/7.0.1
Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center , PVCS tracker, Bugzilla
Rational Clear Case7.1/7.0.1,Source Gear Vault, PVCS Tracker, Visual Source Safe 2005, Control Version System CVS
TSL, SQA basic, Java script, VB Script, HTML, XML
C, C++, Java, Visual Basic 5.0, AS/400 , Main Frames
Windows XP/NT/2000, DOS, AIX UNIX, LINUX
MS Office 2000/2003/2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Visio, MS Project
Confidential,Ohio April’2010 to Till Date
Senior DW (ETL/Reporting) Tester / Lead
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Mapping documents and Dimensions Measures Documents
- Worked directly with Data Modelers, Business analysts and Data analysts to understand PMSC 5.3 System and Data warehouse process
- Expertise in leading all other members in the team
- Involved in the preparation of Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, was part of System testing, Regression testing and User acceptance testing during different phases.
- Data completeness/ Data transformation/ Data quality/ Performance and scalability
- Expertise in validating the data in the Main frame environments
- Proficient in writing complex SQL’s to validate the data between different stages (Extract to Data Warehouse, Data Warehouse to Data mart and Data mart to Cognos Reports) in the data warehousing environment.
- Having good experience on validating conversion data ( Informatica power center to Data stage conversion)
- Validated change data capture mechanism (Type1/Type2) is functional.
- Validated business rules for allocation/hierarchies and aggregations
- Extensive experience in validating the Cognos Standard Reports by writing sql’s against Data mart
- Expertise in Validating Dimensions and Measures in Cognos Query Studio and generated lighter version of reports
- Expertise in validating Cognos Cubes by running some analysis based on business needs in the Cognos analysis Studio.
- Tested report look & feel and non-functional requirements against documented requirements for labels, headers, names, page numbers etc
- Recommended industry best practices in the validation of Data warehouse, Data mart and Reports.
DataStage7.5.2, Informatica Power Center 7.6, DB2 v8.1.6, Oracle 10g, Toad for IBM DB2 4.X, HP Quality Center 9.2, Main Frames, PMSC 5.3, Telnet, Windows XP
Confidential,Mclean, VA Sept’09 – Mar’10
Corporate Datawarehouse (CDW)
Senior Datawarehouse Tester/ DWH Test Lead
FAS140 / FIN46 (R) -
FAS140 / FIN46 (R) project is implemented due to the recent amended accounting policies governed by Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). FAS140 / FIN46 (R) project will provide the ability to maintain Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) compliance under the amended accounting policies through manual and / or automated processes. New capabilities include:
Assets: Effectively handle and process approximately thirteen million loans that now need to be accounted for, and placed on the balance sheet.
Liabilities: Effectively record a new type of liability representing Freddie Mac’s guaranteed PCs, Giants and REMICs (inclusive of approximately $1.4 trillion of liabilities that are currently in third party hands)
Troubled Debt Restructuring (TDR) Automation 1.1 –
The Single Family Non-Performing Loans (NPL) DAU within the Single Family Segment Controller organization currently uses CLAS to support Troubled Debt Restructuring (TDR) accounting. Due to FAS140/FIN46 R amendment and HAMP changes, existing system will not support some functional areas. EUC files are using to supplement CLAS entries of missing functionality. Implementation of new solution will provide an automated solution to capture and account for TDR data, including HAMP loans in a controlled and auditable fashion.
- Analyzed Business Requirement Specifications/ Functional Specification documents and Business Rules Spreadsheets (BRS) to understand the Business Requirements & Data Warehouse ETL Processes.
- Communicated directly with different business owners, Business Analysts and Data analysts in the organization to understand Business Process and System.
- Created Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Data Management Plan, Data Conversion Plan and Summary Test Report documents were part of System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Identified / Mocked Test Data based on the Business Rules mentioned in the BRS document and managed test data by using Test data management . All the activities which are related to test data were documented in Test Data Management Plan Document
- DB2 Export/Import command Utilities were used to copy the test data from production to QA/UAT environments to support testing activities.
- Created and executed detailed test scenarios/ test cases with step by step procedure and expected results using HP Quality center 9.2.
- Executed ETL jobs from Datastage designer and DataStage Director Tools to populate the data from source systems to Target warehouse and logs were monitored using Datastage Director.
- Expertise in running datastage jobs, Stored Procedures, SAS programs from Autosys command jobs / Shell Scripts.
- Expertise in Validating Data warehouse common Standard Policies (Slowly Changing Dimensions - SCD, Insert/Update/Delete Logics etc...)
- Extensively Used Complex SQL’s to validate the data populated in Datawarehouse tables is as per the business rules .Worked with Data Completeness, Data Transformation, Data Quality and Integration Testing for different line of feeds.
- Validated data using Complex SQL Queries for Initial load ETL Datastage jobs to make sure data populated in the data warehouse for initial loads is as per business rules.
- Worked with UNIX scripts in executing jobs, changing parameter values in the shell based on the environments and monitored logs for understanding the issues.
- Reported bugs and tracked Defects using Rational Clear Quest and versioning maintained by Clear Case.
- Performed defect Tracking and reporting with strong emphasis on root-cause analysis to determine where and why defects are being introduced in the development process.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Metrics (RTM), Software Metrics, Weekly Status Reports and SQA Report using Quality Center.
- Telelogic DOORS were used to maintain the Requirements and their Traceability.
- Extensively used FTP, Humming Bird and Telnet protocols in order to migrate files to heterogeneous Operation systems like UNIX, Linux and windows.
- Conducted Performance testing with full volume of data in the Production backup environment to measure the performance of the data warehouse system.
- Validated SAS Reconciliation reports, which will display the exception records in the report when the Reconciliation rule fails.
- Prepared various kinds of Status reports, which will track each and every step of the entire project and documented Test results and Test Scripts in Microsoft Excel document for Test Scenarios/Test cases.
- Prepared Summary Test report, which will talk about all four work streams (Ops Security, Valuation, Fee Data Store, Net Yield Statistics) of FAS140 / FIN46 (R) Project.
DataStage7.5.2, , DB2 v8.1.6, Oracle 9.2, Sybase, Rapid SQL 7.5.5 , Oracle SQL Developer 126.96.36.199, Hummingbird 2007 , HP Quality Center 9.2, Rational Clear Quest 188.8.131.52, Rational Clear Case 184.108.40.206, Telelogic DOORS 8.3, Telnet, AIX64 9.5.3, Autosys, Orchestrate, Windows XP.
Confidential,Secaucus, NJ Feb’08 – Sept’09
Management Information System (MIS)
Datawarehouse (ETL/BI) Tester/QA Lead
Confidential,is one of the world\'s premier full service intermodal carriers. The company utilizes a vast network of ocean vessels, barges, and railroad and motor carriers to link the international shipper with the consignee and also services offered include Intermodal services, terminals and warehousing, insurance, as well as repair and maintenances.
- Analyzed Business requirements, User Interface specifications, Use Case documents, Minor Specification documents and Functional Specification Documents.
- Created Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Procedures and Test Cases Was part of Functional, Integration, System and Regression Testing of the applications.
- Analyzed and interpreted test data, verifying critical software requirements to support development of requirements for system modification, development of test measures and criteria, test planning, execution and reporting activities.
- Involved in End-to-End Testing, GUI Testing, System Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Having Good knowledge on testing Data marts/Datawarehouse.
- Data created in user interface (OSCAR) application based on the business requirements.
- Tested ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Extensively used SQL scripts to confirm the data transfer from source to target populated as per the business rules.
- Validation includes Row Counts at source & Target, DDL’s, Constraints, Referential Integrity, Formats, Default values, business logics etc.
- Validated Data in Datawarehouse / Data Marts against Functional specification documents as per business requirements.
- Tested Data integrity after running data Extraction, Transformation and Loading process.
- Tested the performance of the system when extracting a large amount of data and loading a large amount of data. (Performance Testing)
- Designed Standard Policies, Procedures and Best Practices.
- Worked on Request for Fix (RFF) / Request for Enhancement (RFE) service calls and Updated status in service call with detail description.
- Extensively tested POS (Point of Sales) system which is used at Check out offices where booking/BL is created.
- Validated Cognos Reports and Cubes against Data marts based on business Rules mentioned in Functional Specification document (extraction criteria, Sorting orders, Business logics etc ...).
- Validated Dimensions and Measures in the Cognos cubes.
- Executed Complex SQL queries to validate the Cognos Standard reports, Adhoc Reports, Drill through Reports and Cube Analysis Reports.
- Conducted Performance test on Reports (System must be able to return results quickly)
- Having Good knowledge on executing scripts in UNIX environment to load the data from source database to target Datawarehouse.
- Executed test scripts and verified the results. Reported Bugs to developers through the HP Quality Center.
- Documented and tracked defects identified during testing. Report accurate testing status and recommend release to the next environment.
- Involved in the triage meetings with Business team and development team.
Environment: HP Quality Center/Test Director, Load Runner, Informatica Power Center 8.1/8.6 (Power Center Designer, workflow manager, workflow monitor), Oracle Data integrator, Cognos 8.X, HP Service Desk, SQL *Loader, Oracle9i/10g, Control M, Sybase, Windows XP, TOAD, UNIX, Source Gear Vault.
Confidential,Manchester, NH Feb’07 to Jan’08
Knowledge Repository (KR) Mart
Confidential,a wholly-owned subsidiary of Health Dialog Services Corporation (Health Dialog), is the think-tank behind our sophisticated analytics.This analytic approach directly addresses unwarranted variation in healthcare – the overuse, under use, and misuse of healthcare services. By applying proprietary Unwarranted Variation Analytics and interpreting the findings into actionable solutions, to help health plans, employers, and other stakeholders implement care management and provider measurement solutions that impact healthcare costs while improving quality and satisfaction.
- Extensively involved in Developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test Cases with inputs from the assigned Business Analysts.
- Developed test scripts based upon business requirements and processes, in line with defined workflows and use cases. Processed transactions from system entry to exit. Tested functionality across applications and workflows.
- Communicate directly with different business owners in the company to understand product and system requirements
- Performed System Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, end-end testing and Production Smoke Test.
- Involved in testing designing and development of Data warehouse environment.
- Implemented SDLC, QA methodologies and concepts in the Project.
- Coordinated component, system testing with the appropriate technical groups and Release Management and documented test procedures and findings.
- Expertise in writing SQL Statements in database to make sure whether the data is populated in Data Mart/Datawarehouse According to Business Rules.
- Involved with ETL test data creation/Identified for all the ETL mapping rules.
- Stimulated several production cycles. Worked with data validation, constraints, record counts, and source to target, row counts, random sampling and error processing.
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Reconciled test results from different tests and different groups. Assessed readiness and deviation of product/project performance based upon test results and product specifications.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation on data marts by using SQL queries.
- Developed test reports and participated in testing prioritization and archived test results and user signoff
- Worked on profiling the data for understanding the data and mapping document.
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE.
- Validated Business Objects reports by running the SQL queries based on the business rules.
- Wrote Complex SQL queries to validate the standard reports, Dashboards and Business objects Universes.
- Validated BO Reports and Universes against Datawarehouse/Data mart Database by writing SQL Queries
- Validated BO Reports, Dash boards and Universes like Fields present in the report are as agreed in the specifications, Drill down features, Column headings for business sense and familiarity, Display of units along the column headers, Presence of graphs, Report Descriptions, special features like alerts, filters , extraction criteria.
- Prepared and ran regression scripts, shell scripts and performed sanity tests and end-end testing.
- Defect Tracking and reports are done by Rational Clear Quest.
- Worked with appropriate business and technology leads to determine the acceptable range for test results and performance.
- Rational Clear case is used to Controlling versions of all files & Folders (Check-out, Check-in)
- Performed the tests in both the SIT, QA and contingency/backup environments
Environment: HP Quality Center/Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Case, Informatica Power center 7.1(ETL), Teradata, Microsoft SQL SERVER 2005 (SSIS),Business Objects XIR2, QTP, Toad for Oracle, ORACLE 9i, Unix, Autosys, Windows XP.
Confidential,NY Oct’05 to Jan’07
Customer Data Mart
Senior QA Analyst
Confidential,is an operating division of UnitedHealth Group, the largest single health carrier in the United States.Major goal of the united health care is to
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of health care
- Enhance access to health benefits
- Create products and services that make health care more affordable
- Use technology to make the health care system easier to navigate
- Studied documentation on Business Requirements, System requirements and application
- Provided inputs for creating detailed Test Plan. Created and executed test cases for User Interface functionality, Data Warehouse data (Fact tables, Dimensions, References and Lookups) and Reports.
- Test cases were designed to cover System testing and Integration testing scenarios.
- Submitted and Tested the Claims in Facets.
- Involved in Testing Members/Subscribers and Claims.
- Tested various claims processing and data conversion to Facets.
- Having Good knowledge on testing Data marts /Datawarehouse
- Tested application integrity after running data Extraction, Transformation and Loading programs.
- Wrote SQL queries to verify the database tables for the data validation.
- Performed System testing, regression testing and user Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Created Automation test scripts and performed Regression testing. Created User Defined Functions to enhance the maintainability of regression scripts.
- Executing manual test cases/scripts and documented test results. Reported Bugs through Test director bug-tracking tool.
- Submitted Status and Test Evaluation Reports to Test Lead. Constantly updated test deliverables.
- Responsible for preparing User Manuals.
- Used Test director to Write Test case and attached test scripts to test cases.
- Designed ETL template using Metadata Reporter for easy walk through with customers.
- Maintained Test Matrix for latest test results information.
- Interacted with business analysts in resolving the problems in different environments (Unix, NT)
Environment: Data stage 7.5, Business Object Reports, Test Director, Windows 2000/XP Professional, LINUX, SQL, PL/SQL, ASP.NET, VB.NET Oracle 9i, DB2, Perl, Director 8.0
Centralized data warehouse for Safeco Insurance. Oct’04 - Sept’05
Data Warehouse QA Tester
Confidential,is specializing in providing various insurance products to Personal, Commercial and Auto insurance around the world. The main objective of this project is to deliver the data warehouse as a central repository to access the data from segments to make data available for analysis and reporting. It focuses on providing information for analysis on new business growth. Strategic Package entails capturing data from identified sources of Quote, Issue and Distributor data, loading the data into a data warehouse.
- Analyzed the Business requirements, User Interface specifications, Use Case documents and Test Procedures. Creation of Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Cases. Was part of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution and Test evaluation Involved in Functional, Integration, System and Regression Testing of the application
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, distilling and clearly conveying complex information to business and project team members through JAD sessions.
- Involved in analyzing the requests for new, enhanced, and modified systems, against user and business requirements using RUP methodology.
- Creating Test plans, Test cases based on requirements of application.
- Participated in various project meetings and Conducted interviews and facilitate requirements gathering, process analysis, and application design sessions with company staff across all levels and functions
- Conducted Integration testing, Performance testing, Functional testing and Load testing to ensure that the application meets the requirements and to ensure usability readiness.
- Tested application integrity after running data Extraction, Transformation and Loading programs.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security
- Executed test scripts and verified the results. Reported Bugs to developers through the Test director.
- Produced documents for business requirements (requirements matrix), design requirements, gap analysis, solution recommendations, test cases, test plans and reference guides
- Developed test automation scripts for Regression and Performance testing
- Identified and resolved many application bugs and bottlenecks
- Documenting and communicating test results using Clear Quest.
- Provided Versioning to all types of files & Folders by using Rational Clear case.
Traffic Management Act (TMA) May’03 to Sept’04
Data warehouse Tester
The Traffic Management Act (TMA) proposes a new legislative framework for street works activities by undertakers in England, which would be different from current NRSWA regulations. It is expected that the number of notices will increase substantially under the new Act. The hole noticing regime will come into effect from the TMA go-live date to be processed by DFT. National Grid may face huge financial liabilities under this new legislation.
- Involved in preparing High Level Test plans based on user requirement documents.
- Involved in defining Test objectives and performed Manual Testing.
- Involved in cross browser testing using Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer.
- Created test scenarios and test cases for the functionality and integration testing.
- Involved in developing Integration Test Plans and System Test Plans for the applications.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Procedures and Process for UAT testing and involved in Installation Testing.
- Responsible for preparing User Manuals.
- Tested application integrity after running data Extraction, Transformation and Loading programs.
- Used SQL Queries to verify data from Oracle database.
- Tested Web Services Interface with the Legacy Mainframes System.
- Interacted with the developers for bug fixes and problem resolution.
- Participated in regular project status meetings related to testing.
Environment: Informatica power center 6.1, Oracle8i, UNIX, Windows 2000, Microsoft Excel, Erwin 3.x.
Confidential,Reading, UK Sept’02-Apr’03
Management Information Data Analysis System (MIDAS)
Backend database tester
Thames Water Utilities Ltd., (TWUL) is the largest clean water and wastewater Services Company, serving nearly 12 million domestic and commercial customers .It provides services like underground pipeline and networks integrated waste management solutions. Its activities cover all aspects of clean water treatment and supply, waste water treatment and disposal. MIDAS system is an integrated management information system developed to provide Business Users the flexibility to generate Management reports and to carry out business analysis on detailed financial data related to Contact Information, Billing, Cash, Transaction and Arrears, which will enable them in better decision making.
- Involved in developing the Quality Assurance Test strategy.
- Involved in manual testing of the application before performing automated testing.
- Identified the test scripts to be automated, created automated test scripts using Win Runner.
- Involved in generating Scripts in Load Runner for load testing of application.
- Conducted performance and stress testing using Load Runner.
- Performed regression testing using Load Runner and Silk Used Test Director to report defects and test results.
- Created SQL queries to test the different scenarios in the application.
- Validate data against databases to make sure whether the data is populated as per the business rules.
- Building and releasing changes into the QA, staging, and production environments.
- Interacted with Development and QA Teams to ensure overall quality of the software developed various reports to inform testing issues with the project manager.
Environment: Informatica 5.1, Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server2000, DB2, VB, VB Script, SQL, Win runner,
Load Runner, Test Director
Confidential,Louisville, KY Feb’02 - Aug’02
MyHumana online enrollment
Confidential, is a major healthcare web based application for online enrollment for insurance in individual as well as group coverage has many modules. It takes care of online account management for members, employers, Healthcare providers and agents.
- Analyzed business needs user requirements and specifications.
- Involved in creating test conditions for system testing.
- Responsible for developing test scripts for functional and GUI testing
- Conditioning data available from the repository as per the front end of the application under test
- Involved in developing and executing automated test scripts using Win Runner for Regression testing
- Created scripts for Batch test and set the required options for overnight, unattended execution of test scripts
- Used different joins on the tables to retrieve information from different tables in database to check the database updates on a regular basis using SQL queries
Environment: Windows NT, JAVA, XML, Test Director, Oracle 8.0 and UNIX.