- Technical lead with total IT experience of 6+ years in the entire software development life cycle, including requirement gathering, design, programming, testing and maintenance with 5 + years focused on Microsoft SQL Server BI suite – SSIS/SSRS/SSAS with proficiency in TSQL.
- Microsoft certified BI specialist with expertise in designing, developing, performance tuning and maintaining ETL systems in a data warehouse and a non data warehouse environment.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator with experience in administering QA and non production databases.
- Proficient in database development for developing Tables, Stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and encryption.
- Data warehousing experience with using Kimball and Inmon approaches.
- Business domain experience in Insurance, Health care, Publishing and Banking industries.
- Leadership experience in building a team of 10+ ETL and database developers ground up by interviewing, training and deploying team members on live projects.
- 3+ Years experience in managing the change requests, new development, production roll out and production issues for ETL products for a Fortune 500 and Inc 500 companies in a global 24 X 7 environment.
- Bachelor’s of Engineering’ with specialization in Electronics.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) for SQL SERVER 2005 – Database administration and maintenance.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) for SQL SERVER 2005 Business Intelligence
Tools and Methodologies:
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Informatica Power Centre, SDLC.
MS SQL Server 2008,2005, MS SQL Server 2000, Informix, DB2
Windows NT 2000/4.0, Windows XP/95/98,
Confidential,Nashville, TN (Through Synechron, INC, NJ) March’09- Present
Title: ETL Lead/Assistant manager
Role: 60% Technical, 15% Customer interaction, 15% Leadership, 10% Strategic
Description: Confidential, is a world leader in providing handset insurance service to over 70 million subscribers. The business relies heavily on the ETL engine (developed using SSIS, SQL Server, .Net) for their data exchange and transformation needs. Billions of records pass through the ETL engine that have over 900 jobs written to serve the reporting, file exchange, data clean up, data integration, data warehousing needs of the business.
- Represent ETL and communicate effectively in customer meetings to understand the “high level” user story for the required ETL work.
- Design data exchange solution based on user stories from various business departments.
- Documenting the ETL flow as Visio diagrams or flow charts.
- Estimating the level of effort for development of the ETL pieces.
- Coordination of development and delivery of ETL pieces by acting as a liaison between dev team, production support teams, DBAs, data analysts and IT Project managers.
- Conducting code reviews and ensuring standard development pattern is followed.
- Provide solutions and work around for technical problems leveraging available and authorized tools.
- Managing support for the ETL pieces post deployment.
- Responsible for interviewing and training new team members on coding standards, quality control processes, release processes etc.
- Assisting ETL architect to constantly introduce new architecture patterns and improve on the existing ETL architecture, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and improvement, upgrading server hardware/software.
- Developing SSRS reports on SQL 2008 R2 for reporting on ETL job performance, ETL logs, Data quality issues, exceptions.
- Developing SSRS reports to see time sheets, time spent on projects, break downs by project tasks, spending analysis.
Confidential,Nashville, TN (Through Synechron, INC) March’08-March’09
Title: Sr ETL/Database developer
Role: 80% Technical, 15% Leadership, 5% Customer interaction.
Description: Confidential,had their ETL jobs on a legacy platform, which was unmanaged, had no standards, was difficult to support and was difficult to develop on. They wanted a new platform which was scalable, high performing, modern and cheaper to maintain. The product that was chosen was SSIS. There was a need of developing world class architecture on the SSIS platform which would meet the business need for years to come.
- Work closely with the ETL architect to design various components of the ETL engine.
- Develop sub components for standard logging, configurations and SQL jobs.
- Setting up Dev/QA/Production instances of ETL servers.
- Writing ETL development standards, review checklist and manuals.
- Creating SSIS packages using out of the box tool set to load csv, fixed width, excel, xml files.
- Develop SSIS packages using various control flow and data flow components to transform data including SCD component.
- Experience with delivering files via email and SFTP from within SSIS.
- Leading a team of junior developers for re-writing the existing legacy jobs to the new platform.
- Developing new solutions serving all the data movement needs for the business using SSIS, Stored procedures, triggers, views, functions.
- Data modelling for various dimensional models for storing Claims, Shipment, Orders and Call (Call centre) data using Ralph Kimball’s design principals.
- Developing robust ETL jobs to load and update dimensional models.
- Creating SSAS cubes to facilitate browsing of dimensional data.
- Performance tuning ETL jobs and SQL queries to get near real time refresh rate of data from the OLTP systems.
- Create SSRS reports to display logging data generated by ETL jobs.
- Develop drill through, drill in, pie charts, bar graphs etc in SSRS.
- Set up report manager for storing and viewing SSRS reports.
- Developing SSAS cubes to analyze ETL performance data.
- Developing SSRS cubes over dimensional model for Claims, Customer correspondence, Shipments.
Confidential,Columbus, OH (Through TATA Consultancy Services) Jan’07 - Mar’08
Title: Data warehouse developer
Role : 90% Technical, 10% Customer interaction
Project: SPARK reporting and Analytics
Description: The program involved ongoing enhancement and support of the Business Intelligence / reporting platform for sales department of National City Corporation (NCC).
- Functional requirement gathering for reports by working with business and data analysts.
- Creating a data model to facilitate self service analytics for personal loan and mortgage department.
- Designing ETL process for loading star schema on daily basis from the OLTP system.
- Developing SSAS cube to facilitate self service analytics using EXCEL and other front end tools.
Confidential,Raleigh, NC Sep’06 - Dec’07
Title: DBA\\Database developer
Role : 95% Technical, 5% Customer interaction.
Project: Mariner release 9.5
Description: The was a major re-engineering project to upgrade the technology platform of popular Misys products – Vision and Tiger from legacy technologies likes Delphi, Crystal reports, Perl and Informix to MS.Net and SQL Server 2005.
Responsibilities (ETL/database developer):
- Re-engineering/Rewriting legacy database schema of 1500+ tables, 500+ stored procedures, functions and triggers from Informix to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Designing ETL utility using SSIS to migrate data from legacy EMR systems to the new version.
- Carrying out the mapping of the source database fields to the new database fields.
- Re-writing batch jobs using SSIS.
- Development, testing and deployment of SSIS packages.
- Performance tuning of SSIS packages to cut down overall batch cycle time by several hours.
- Post delivery defect fixing and enhancements.
Responsibilities (Database Administrator):
- Installing new instances SQL server 2005.
- Writing database maintenance jobs and schedules.
- Planning and scheduling full and differential backups.
- Access rights management.
- Maintaining latest versions of database objects (SP, Functions and Triggers).
- Periodic retrofitting of Database Schema.
- Metadata management.
- Trouble shooting issues related to connectivity and performance.
- Using SQL server profiler and Database engine tuning wizards for performance tuning.
- Setting up linked servers in SQL server.
- Managing AIX server, access rights, database backup’s restoration.
Confidential,NJ Mar’06 –Sep’06
Role: Jr Database developer / administrator
Project: ISBN Expansion Project
Description: The project involved the expansion of ISBN (International Standards Book Number) from existing 10 digits to 14 digits, throughout the client’s information system.
- Capacity planning for database servers.
- Carrying out phased upgrades of databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Installation of new instances for development and testing environments.
- Defining backup plans.
- Writing maintenance Jobs for the production database.
- Performance tuning ETL jobs, Stored procedures.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000 /2005 , c#.net , COBOL, JCL,Z- Batch
Jan’06 – Mar’06
Role: Database Administrator - Trainee
Description: Confidential,Mainframe Rehosting Project involved the rehosting of the entire system running on IBM-Mainframe /OS 390 platform to windows platform.
The database was migrated from DB2 to Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
- Performance monitoring and Tuning.
- Managing Access rights.
- Setting up Test and development environments.
- Taking backups and restore.
- Carrying out production database rollouts.
- Moving data.
Confidential,Pune, India July’05– Jan’06
Role: Software Engineer - Trainee
- Programming COBOL, JCL, CICS
- Maintenance of application code
- Production support