Master of Science in Accounting
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, May 2011
Confidential, Lynbrook, NY
Administrative Assistant, May 2011 - Present
Warehouse Manager, June 2006 - August 2010
- Developed plan to efficiently integrate business on to the internet (new website, social media, e-sales).
- Designed new company website with web design firm.
- Created new sales through business inquiry emails sent to potential customers.
- Performed cash receipt-merchant report analysis.
- Performed annual physical inventory audits.
- Updated a perpetual inventory list as orders were pulled which owner used to forecast their production.
Confidential, New York, NY
Tax Mentor Program, June 2010 - August 2010
- Met weekly with a Senior Manager in International Tax.
- Learned about the many fields and opportunities within the field of tax accounting.
- Learned about the everyday roles and responsibilities of a tax accountant in public accounting.
Confidential, Wheatley Heights, NY
Accounting Department Intern, May 2009 - August 2009
- Prepared weekly aging accounts receivables analysis statements for the owners.
- Assisted in preparing monthly financial statements for the company's CPA.
- Entered journal entries into company's general ledger software.
- Helped the company collect $25,000 from partially unpaid invoices which would have been written off otherwise.
Confidential, Plainview, NY
Referee, December 2003 - December 2007
- Officiated youth boys basketball, girls basketball, and hockey games.
- Maintained a fun, fair, and safe environment for the kids at all times.
- Earned invitation to officiate playoff games with exceptional officials rating.
President/Chief Operating Officer, August 2008 - May 2011
- Managed $11,000 yearly budget allocated to club.
- Doubled the club's school funding through Undergraduate Student government, which made our club able to attend our league's national tournament for the first time ever in 2010 and again in 2011.
- Organized travel and lodging arrangements for the team including trips to San Jose, Madison, and Pittsburgh.
- Helped organize and run a series of "Mission Hockey College" community service events for children.
- Planned all other club functions such as scheduling practices and recruiting.
Philanthropy Board Member, January 2008 - May 2010
- Assisted in organizing and scheduling our annual Wendy's chicken nugget eating contest philanthropy.
Computer: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Windows 7