- 8+ years of IT - experience, as an ETL developer using IBM Websphere DATASTAGE, Quality Stage (versions 9.1, 8.7/8.5/8.1/7.5 ) and experienced in analysis, development, debugging and testing.
- Extensive functional knowledge in areas of Finance and Banking product domains.
- Experienced in DATASTAGE ETL and scheduling tools. Deep understanding of the Data Warehousing SDLC and architecture of ETL
- Strong experience in designing and developing jobs using DATASTAGE Designer, DATASTAGE Manager,, DATASTAGE Director and DATASTAGE Quality stage on Server and Parallel engines
- Having strong experience mappings in DATASTAGE to load the data from various sources into the Data warehouse different transformations like Handling complex flat files, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Change capture, Join etc.
- Experience in using highly scalable parallel processing infrastructure using DATASTAGE Enterprise Edition, and using DATASTAGE Manager to import metadata, and create new data elements
- Used DATASTAGE manager proficiently for importing metadata from repository, new job categories and creating new data elements.
- Experience with using Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.0, MS Access 7.0/2000, PL/SQL, TOAD.
- Experience in Database Development using mainly Oracle database.
- Extensive UNIX SHELL, PERL Scripting, SQL and PL/SQL coding.
- Database / ETL Performance Tuning: Explain Plan, Different types of Optimizers, Hints, Indexes, Table Partitions, Sub Partitions, Materialized Views, Global Temporary tables, Autonomous Transitions, Bulk Binds, Capabilities of using Oracle Built-in Functions. Performance Tuning of DATASTAGE Mapping and workflowExperience includes Design, Development, Integration testing and Implementation.
- Experience in AUTOSYS, a scheduling tool. Have had good hands on experience in developing JILs for AUTOSYS Jobs and calendar design.
- Highly flexible and capable of developing new tools and applications for project automation.
- In-depth project management experience working with clients, business partners, and end users.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Extensive work experience in onsite and offshore project modals.
- Having high degree of self-motivation and ability to learn new concepts very quickly.
ETL: IBM DATASTAGE 8.1/8.5/8.7, 9.1 DATASTAGE Designer, DATASTAGE Director, Quality Stage
Languages: BASIC,C, C++, UNIX
Databases: Oracle 11g, 10g
Others: Visual Studio 2010, MS Access 2000
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
- Confidential provided all compromised Data in SSH2 encrypted format
- Decrypted SSH2 elements and loaded into Teradata Database
- Compared and Identified our firm impacted customers
- Impacted Consumers were sent to both Confidential by the same SSH2 encrypted format and Confidential Management for review
- Developed ETL, Scripts and Report for the aforementioned Requirements
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning of ETL Jobs are done
- Usage of JAR files, Teradata are employed here
Tools: used: Datastage 9.1, UNIX, Teradata
- Developed Test cases after understanding the Business requirements clearly
- Executed jobs through sequencer for better performance and easy maintenance
- Usage of ODM Stages, JAR files are employed in our design
- Used Autosys for scheduling jobs
- Created UNIX shell, PERL scripts for scheduling the jobs and for Business Validation
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and performances monitoring for enhancement of DataStage jobs
Environment: IBM WebSphere DataStage9.1, Windows NT4.0, Oracle 11G. SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Autosys R11, PERL script
- Understanding Process and Business requirements
- Developed Test Plan as per the scope of the release with Test cases
- Developed and Executed jobs through sequencer for better performance and easy maintenance
- Usage of MQ and XML stages are employed in our design
- Used Autosys for scheduling jobs that needs to run daily basis
- Created UNIX shell scripts for scheduling the jobs
- Performed ETL coding using Hash file, Sequential file, Transformer, Sort, Merge, Pivot stage, Messenger Queue + Sequencers
- Worked on troubleshooting, performance tuning and performances monitoring for enhancement of DataStage jobs and builds across Development, QA and PROD environments.
- Created the Defect tracking Log Sheet to list the various issues in the project
- Created Test Cases and performed Unit Testing
Environment: IBM WebSphere DataStage9.1, Windows NT4.0, Oracle 11G. SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Autosys R11
- Migration of all 8.1 jobs to 8.7 As DATASTAGE 8.1 is getting outdated, all DATASTAGE jobs have been migrated to higher version i.e. 8.7.
- Prepared test script document for this project.
- Imported and exported repositories across different servers using DATASTAGE Manager.
- Improved job performance by gathering the performance statistics of the jobs in the production
- Simplified the existing transformer logic in the jobs to make them perform better.
- Involved in creation of new AUTOSYS instance specifically for running 8.7 jobs
- Created script to convert server jobs to parallel jobs
- Convert Jobs which are coded in Abinitio to Datastage 8.7
- Significant improvement seen after migrating from Abinitio
- Involved in setting up the ETL standards and helped the client to use ETL best practices
- Worked with parallel job message handler for demoting or removing warning messages from the job log.
- Trouble-shoot the designed jobs using the DATASTAGE Debugger.
- Created job sequences and job schedules to automate the ETL process using AUTOSYS.
- Documented the changes made to the jobs, the comparative performances of the old and new jobs and the test plan that was used to test the jobs.
- Coordinated with Offshore team for migrating all components.
Environment: DATASTAGE 8.1, DATASTAGE 8.7, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, TOAD, UNIX scripting, AUTOSYS