- 5+ years of Development and Maintenance experience dealing with very large data sets in the areas of Enterprise Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Migration, and Business Intelligence.
- Expertise in Data warehousing solutions using Informatica Power Center, building Data Marts and data warehouse.
- Expertise knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Design, Analysis, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Hands on experience in Teradata client Utilities such as BTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load and Multi Load.
- Possess full life cycle development experience to build Applications and Data Warehouse.
- Coordinated directly with client for all kinds of requirement, clarifications and issues.
- Experience in adhoc requirement analysis and critical issues.
- In - depth knowledge in various RDBMS concepts like Database, Tables, Table Normalization, User Defined Data Types, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Triggers.
- Expertise in designing and implementing Database using various RDBMS like SQL SERVER, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza and Vertica.
- Possess excellent Business and Data Analysis skills to proactively identify the gaps in ETL Requirements, communicate effectively and work with business for resolution
- Possess adequate knowledge and skills to understand Data, its associations and relationships; criticality and risks to build the Data Model
- Proficient in Designing complex data Integration and transformation logics using Informatica Power Center. Leveraged the tool features such as Parameterization, Push down Optimization, Partitioning and many others to optimize the design.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, developing Database Schemas like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Proficient in UNIX operating system commands & Shell Scripting.
- 5 years of hands on experience on the entire SDLC process.
- Expertise in writing free form optimized SQLs for ETL jobs, Data Analysis and Unit testing.
- Possess Performance Optimization skills to strike the right balance between Database and ETL servers
- Experienced in Quality Assurance, Manual and Automated Testing Procedures with active involvement in Database/ Session/ Mapping Level Performance Tuning and Debugging.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, UNIX
Languages: SQL, Shell scripting, Python
ETL Tools: Informatica power center 9.1, TOAD
RDBMS: Teradata 15.0, Netezza, MySQL Workbench 6.2, Oracle 11g, Vertica
Statistical Tools: R, SAS
Domain: Healthcare, Publication, Telecommunication, Television (Direct TV, U - verse TV)
Scheduler: Tidal, Workload Manager (WLM), TWS
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Tableau
Trainings : SAP BO, Vertica
Confidential, Dallas - Texas
Data warehouse Developer
- As a developer and onsite coordinate was responsible for multiple marketing applications end to end project delivery from requirement gathering to deployment in production.
- Promoted as a Data Architect within one year.
- Worked closely with business clients to understand the requirements and was responsible for Application Interface Documents and Technical Design Documents for each release.
- Most of the project followed agile methodology and was responsible for updating daily project status to clients through Scrum.
- Architect the database schema and implement dimensional model.
- Principle Data Architect in DTV conversion project and delivered design and mapping successfully within 4 months of time.
- Worked closely with multiple source application SME’s and business clients for DTV conversion project and ensured smooth delivery for marketing clients.
- Lead the application development team in providing support of data marts and data warehouses.
- Data Modeling with expertise in creating Star & Snow-Flake Schemas, FACT and Dimensions Tables for publication domain.
- Expertise in optimizing and tuning the Netezza SQLs to improve the performance.
- Worked with Business Users for requirement gathering.
- Migrated data from Oracle SQL Developer to IBM Netezza using Informatica, UNIX shell and Perl scripting.
- Migrated all the mappings from oracle warehouse builder using Informatica and Netezza procedures.
- Excelled in creating and implementing procedures in Netezza database.
- Implemented SQL functions and procedures through Informatica Transformations by creating reusable mapplets.
- Designed ETL specification documents for the project.
- Completed UAT with zero bugs and successfully implemented in production.
- Successfully completed 3 Data mart migration within a short span of time.
- Accomplished in UAT testing and production implementation for the assigned projects through Tidal tool with zero defects.
Senior Software Developer
- Mentored and trained up four juniors as part of Healthcare projects.
- Prepared daily workloads for the team and coordinated the daily allocation of work.
- Involved in decommission of MySQL Server 2005 and migrated required data into Teradata (EDWard-Enterprise Data warehouse) by creating new mappings, Shell scripts and BTEQ scripts.
- Segregated different business user’s requirement and presented the detailed understanding document to the business users.
- Optimized data loading process for 6 years data reducing Production implementation days.
- Tackled technical issues (spool space, stats collection, etc.) due to billions of data and fixed them proactively by implementing new logic, which saved 5 days load time.